A-TACS (Advanced TActical Concealment System) Camo

kodiak22

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATACS at the Rock last Sunday

Must admit, it's not entirely surprising that A-TACS works in a quarry like that (limestone?), given the nature of the place, though the photo is pretty good regardless. A 100% head-to-toe covering of the pattern there and you'd be practically invisible.

By the way, I didn't give you the negative rep.

No, that was me. In my book, any post that immature deserves a -1.

It looks like it does pretty well in a woodland setting. Probably would be amazing if it was possibly later in the year when the trees start to die and everything starts to turn a bit grey. But it looks like it belongs in a Desert Urban Environment. Im excited to start seeing it on some local fields to see how it works out for everyone.

Hmmm...I -think- only TP makes the baseball cap design in A-TACS.

I just received my A-TACS Labels from 1800nametapes today :-

Labels1.jpg

On my combat shirt and vest :-

Labels2.jpg

Some Volk Tactical Gear pouches :-

Pouches.jpg

The Olive Drab threading for the names blends in too well with A-TACS background that from certain angles it's hard to read. But otherwise, it's ok.

As for the Volk Tactical (http://www.vtg.jp in Japanese or http://www.combat-vtg.com in English), make quality gear but they're just ridiculously expensive. You're seeing approx USD$381 worth of pouches there and yes the JP prices more expensive than international (!!??!!??). I should have bought from their international site, ship it to my home in Oz and pick them up in my next holiday trip home and it would have been much cheaper than buying in Japan itself...despite Volk being Japanese brand!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived