M870 Masterkey (Tanaka Works) on a M4 GBB-R

DEVILHUNTER

As one of my shotgun receiver suffered the bad luck of be customized by Clarence Lai (a terrible job) to take Airsoft Surgeon slugshots, I have converted it to Masterkey. Some info of the real gun on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey

The first step was look for a galvanized steel profile. I found at home one that was perfect and I cut it a bit longer that I need. The sheet was 1.5 mm and I need to use the disc grinder to cut it because my dremmel was unable.

imgp0855b.jpg

I sanded it to take off the paint and the zinc that protects the steel. Why? Because I want to blue it like the real steel.

imgp0860r.jpg

Preliminary sketches and cuts

imgp0861.jpg

imgp0863k.jpg

imgp0865.jpg

imgp0868v.jpg

imgp0869t.jpg

Now, let's have fun: heat until red and hammering it! I make the shape to engage the barrel nut with a guide.

imgp0872.jpg

imgp0875z.jpg

When I bend it, the upper gap was too small to let it inserted on the barrel, so I cut the metal until the M4 barrel can pass. Then I make some cuts in the back to let it engage to the barrel nut.

imgp0884y.jpg

imgp0882y.jpg

imgp0879x.jpg

El cuerpo colocado bajo el cañon para ver que tal queda.

imgp0877gb.jpg

imgp0886n.jpg

Ups, I think this is too long xD

imgp0888p.jpg

nice job bro, but as we talk in msn, i think is too long , maybe if gutting the barrel or adding a silencer......

anyway its only stetics and accesories.......

PS: the tube of the maruzen blow from the valve.... again.......

Archived