WE SVD

bobthebrute

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, the fact that it's a gas blowblack sniper rifle? :P

The real SVD is a semi-automatic rifle...

Shooting my friend's real SVD made me want a GBB version. Hopefully WE doesn't cock this one up.

The bolt hold-open seems odd to me. I can't remember if my friend's Romy SVD did that after the last round or not. To the google! ETA: Yep, it does lock back. http://www.dragunov.net/internals.html

Hopefully it'll be a sub $400 price.

The real SVD is a semi-automatic rifle...

Shooting my friend's real SVD made me want a GBB version. Hopefully WE doesn't cock this one up.

The bolt hold-open seems odd to me. I can't remember if my friend's Romy SVD did that after the last round or not. To the google! ETA: Yep, it does lock back. http://www.dragunov.net/internals.html

Hopefully it'll be a sub $400 price.

Was more referring to the terms 'gas blowback' and 'sniper rifle' in the same sentence, but yeah, will wait and see how it comes out.

GHK is getting theirs ready...

So is APS.

I am not touching the WE with a 9001m pole.

Let's see WE "full-travel" this one...

EDIT: I might touch this one if WE does not fail like their AK.

inb4capitalistwhiningaboutdetailbeingunimportant

The good thing is there is only semiauto...no huge cooldown on full auto.

Actually, it looks like they put RealSword wood onto potmetal body(gutted S&T?) or they actually just gutted a RealSword SVD.

There will be two versions: one with wooden furnitures, and one with polymer ones(probably going to be incorrect).

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-102972-1-1.html

I'm not to thrilled with WE pistols, they have been lackluster in my opinion, so the 226 doesn't do anything for me. Is there something else in that still, at the top, that warrents interest?

ETA: From the ArmsCool site:

Now THAT has my interest!

Is that a FAMAS?

They could really be the king of GBBRs if they spent a little more on R&D and put proper internals in their guns. I know I would be happy paying the extra premium. They must have an aversion to making money. It's such a shame.

They could really be the king of GBBRs if they spent a little more on R&D and put proper internals in their guns. I know I would be happy paying the extra premium. They must have an aversion to making money. It's such a shame.

They function pretty good though, it's the QC and materials that fail. Both my M4 and M14 work flawlessly and after a few ( ok quite a few ) upgrades even that damn SCAR now functions pretty darn good, it's unfortunate that they use so low quality materials to build their internal parts, i've eaten pasta harder than that.

WE might be onto something here:

polystocks1.jpg

WE's Polymer furniture samples, looked like they ordered stright from Russia.

Also they decided to use RS(not sure if realsteel or RealSword, probably RealSword, which is pretty much the same minus one or two tiny details) spec instead of A&K.

Hopefully they do something about those lightening cuts on the outside of receiver(because newer SVD IRL do not have those anymore for better receiver strength for use of higher power ammunition).

BUT...the body and barrel will be aluminum. *inb4capitalistwhiningaboutmaterialbeingunimportantaslongasitworkswhichisnotruebecasueWEneverworksoutofthebox*

GHK, make me proud... but if WE makes this without potmetal(just aluminum, not too much zinc) and keep the cost under $400, I will get one because the externals looks correct enough with the wooden furniture.

The awesome thing is that a semi-auto gbbr is actually usable as DMR if it is accurate enough(no windup time, no need for fullauto...etc.) and has good range(easy, if R-hop can be installed, since I still have two pieces).

WE polymer furnitures were always good, so not surprising ....

*mywem4obandwem14wrokedperfectlyoutoftheboxbtwsostopwhining*

*looks at AK*

WE makes capitalist weapons work more reliably and cut R&D costs on the People's weapons.

Archived