Zombie Huntin'

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you any idea just how difficult it is to grab someone by the face and bite them? You're better off armouring the parts that are easier to bite, like arms, hands, legs and ankles, and even then, all you really need is some thick leather or maybe some chain-mail. Plus, if they're getting that close, you really need to take another look at how you operate. Better to get more alert and improve the way you move through an area than constantly wear a hot and stuffy mask you can barely see out of.

True, but since when do zombies think about this?

my plan would be:

change into fatigues and grab my gear (chest rig, 3 day pack, camelbak)

grab my crowbar and knife

grab a change of clothes

grab my archery stuff (I'm pretty sure an arrow through the face is likely to drop a zombie, it's quiet too)

head to the local guardia civil place (sort of like the police in spain, but more guns)

stock up on guns (I think they have mp5s and G18s there as I have seen them using said guns)

stock up on mags

then hightale it up the mountain where nobody lives and hide/hold there

I think it's a sound plan

Against airsoft zombies a pistol is my favorite option.

I had a shotgun but it still took 3 shots to stop a zombie so the pistol excelled. Too bad I only had two mags for the M9 and 10 for my shotgun. :rolleyes:

As far as kit, I had a SWAT thing going on with the blue coveralls and tac vest. If I went again I'd probably just run a belt kit modeled more after a beat cop since I could cram plenty of AEP mags in a small space.

Been wanting to go to another zombie game, since its been forever, but I don't much like the rules of the ones around here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah WWZ by Max Brookes had a military unit set up to go in to the infected areas and deal with the problem, In the first stages of a outbreak "Alpha Teams!

But thats what the Special Zombie Squad is sort of based around :)

I'll post some other stuff of ours laters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you guys seem to be mixing up "zombie hunter" with zompocolype survivor. Most of the discussion I've seen going on here applies more so for a survivor. In my opinion, a zombie "hunter" can be either the professional squad-type thing some of you have done, or else a hardcore motherfruitcager with a leather jacket or trench coat or whatever that just looks cool and has movies made about them.

• 1 month later...

Archived