-Streamlight TLR-1

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Looking good. Did the slide take much to fit it to the HK3P frame? I seem to recall from feedback from others that the GunsModify hammer set needs to be broken in / dry fired 100 times to work properly otherwise you'll get malfunctions initially. Was that your experience?

The GM tritium sights are great. Got them on three of my guns and love them. You may want to consider the PDI Palsonite TBB and PDI V-hold bucking if you haven't already installed them.

Externally, the only thing left to do would be to reprofile and stipple the frame. Salient Arms Glocks just seem odd to me without that extra custom treatment! ;)

Updates to my HK3P G17 Gen 4:

-GunsModify Zero Hammer

-Streamlight TLR-1

Hey Noveske nice Glock :P

I just want to ask where'd you get the streamlight? Locally in Hong Kong? I wanted to get the Streamlight TLR-1S (the one that can strobe) but I can't seem to find it in SupremeCo :(

Also, in regards to the zero hammer, is there a noticable improvement on the slide movement? I find that there's a way to modify the BBU to have a smoother slide cycle and I've got an IPSC friend that tells me of all the gunsmodify zero hammer's he's heard of installing, they don't seem to provide a significant improvement to the slide cycle. This was echoed by I think Illusion on ASC in one of the threads about the zero hammer too.

EDIT: We seem to have posted at the same time Noveske :P Anyway, I'll be posting my BBU fix soon, it's damn easy, so keep a lookout for that here on the Technical Subforum :P You only need a small file btw :D

One thing to get might be an AIP lightweight BBU, it's actually a bit more than half the weight of the HK3P original. I got mine from the IPSC guy for 300 bucks brand new. If you want to try one lemme know, I'll get one for you (original price was 320 HKD). EDIT: a bit less than half I mean, got my brain all messed up there :P

For the threaded outer barrel...you considering the Lone Wolf one that Detonator makes with the thread protector? :P For stippling, Katotaka mentioned getting his wood burner that can do that nice Noveske logo at Ap Liu Street asking for 50-ish HKD only, I'll suggest getting the wood burner there :D I want to stipple my Glock frame too, though I haven't had the time to go to Ap Liu Street myself. Lemme know if you're gonna get the wood burner, because I'd like to borrow it from you too if you don't mind :D

Edited by intinerious

The nozzle housing on the HK3P is slightly fatter than the TM one, so there is a bit of sanding/filing to get it to fit well.

GunsModify zero hammer is probably not worth the hassle (as Interinous said before) vs the benefit. And yes, it needs to be broken in before it works or else your hammer will not cock properly when cycling (I reckon its a design fail on GM's part). It did eventually begin to work properly, however, the benefit of having a friction-less slide return seems somewhat trivial to me as the original TM designed hammer already incorporates a wheel to elimiate most friction between the hammer and the slide. That said, it is what it is and I just had to try it out of curiosity sake.

I think eventually I'll get to the TBB/Hop up, but for now, the stock setup seems to work fine for CQB as I rarely shoot more than 15-20M with my sidearm. Looking for a threaded outer barrel first :)

I will be doing a stipling job, but probably going to experiment with a HK3P Gen 3 lower first (since they sell them separately for like 15 bucks). I'll post it when I get around to it.

Hey Noveske nice Glock :P

I just want to ask where'd you get the streamlight? Locally in Hong Kong? I wanted to get the Streamlight TLR-1S (the one that can strobe) but I can't seem to find it in SupremeCo :(

Also, in regards to the zero hammer, is there a noticable improvement on the slide movement? I find that there's a way to modify the BBU to have a smoother slide cycle and I've got an IPSC friend that tells me of all the gunsmodify zero hammer's he's heard of installing, they don't seem to provide a significant improvement to the slide cycle. This was echoed by I think Illusion on ASC in one of the threads about the zero hammer too.

RE: Zero hammer: It's noticeable on the slide return when cocking it but whether it's really that beneficial is another thing. Improvement to slide cycle? I mean it cycled fine before, so I don't know how it would be any better except providing less stress to the hammer upon the slides return. Is it worth getting? IMHO: No. More grief getting it to work than anything.

RE: TLR-1. Check some local forums, you see them up for sale from time to time.

RE: Zero hammer: It's noticeable on the slide return when cocking it but whether it's really that beneficial is another thing. Improvement to slide cycle? I mean it cycled fine before, so I don't know how it would be any better except providing less stress to the hammer upon the slides return. Is it worth getting? IMHO: No. More grief getting it to work than anything.

RE: TLR-1. Check some local forums, you see them up for sale from time to time.

My Chinese comprehension is ###### :P I guess I'll ask Archer to help me keep a lookout then :P There's no shops in HK that sell Streamlight TLR-1's right? :(

Also, thanks for the feedback with the zero hammer :P I guess it's not worth it if it's only smoother on the slide return than the slide movement when it first cycles since that's the main problem with the gas efficiency...the slide return doesn't really matter in my experience.

Oh also note that those with Airsoft Surgeon's nozzle and planning to run the AIP lightweight BBU the o-rings included with the AIP BBU are 1mm too thin in diameter to seal with the AS nozzle. I'll be getting a replacement o-ring soon from a friend to fix that issue.

And those looking at Noveske's gunsmodify trigger note that it's the Gen2 version of the trigger. The Gen1 versions don't have a safety since the middle bit of the trigger wasn't designed that way, meaning that it doesn't rest against the frame of the Glock so that without pushing in the middle red part the trigger won't move. Personally I like the Gen1 better since the safety doesn't have much importance for my own use but the Gen1 trigger bit allows me to 'feel' when the trigger resets easily without my finger slightly leaving the trigger (as the 'safety' red bit of the trigger will start to move when the whole trigger assembly resets and my finger starts to move away from the face of the trigger). I'll post pics later with my Glock once I have time to do both the BBU mod pictures and the Glock itself.

I was all talk and no pics, so I hope I make it up with these :D

Glock2.jpg

Glock1.jpg

Also, here's a pic of a gen1 GunsModify trigger that's been adjusted to reduce pre-travel already:

Gen1Trigger.jpg

As you can tell it's different from Noveske's. My safety doesn't work as a safety :P I don't think you can get these Gen1 triggers any more though as I believe they're sold out. So if you're worrying about getting a Gen1 from the shops....then I suppose no worries? :P

Edited by intinerious

Here you are my cyma glock with my selfmade accesories. Except the eotech and the lantern of course.

Hope you enjoy

First, a family picture

p6010414.jpg

Supressor and atachment

)p6010416.jpg

and finally the converssion kit with retractable stock

p6010417.jpg

Here you are my cyma glock with my selfmade accesories. Except the eotech and the lantern of course.

Hope you enjoy

I am confused. Is the suppressor screwed onto the 'hood', which is clamped onto the slide? As in, the suppressor is not attached to the barrel at all?

17steel4152903cJPG.jpg

1733ab8a930JPG.jpg

1729f49178dJPG.jpg

17830c9752JPG.jpg

Specs:

Tokyo Marui Glock G17 - 3rd Generation GBB Based

Guarder Parts: Steel CNC Slide (2010 Version, Black), Steel Outer Barrel (2011 Version, Black), Original Frame (Black), Number Tag, Steel Magazine Catch, Steel Trigger Lever, 200% Recoil Spring & Polycarbonate Loading Muzzle

GunsModify Zero Hammer

Pro-Arms 6.01mm Steel Inner Barrel

Firefly (Cylinder Valve) for Marui G17

NINE BALL Air Seal Chamber Packing

Shooters Design Parts: Stainless Steel Recoil Guide (Black), 150% Hammer Spring & CNC Steel Valve Knocker

Tokyo Marui Glock Series 25 Rounds Magazine with Guarder High Output Valve & Shooters Design TM G17 Magazine Base With Logo x4

Cheers

orb

Edited by oRb

Hey Skyrider1,

There are a lot of people waiting on the Guarder frame, it seems to be taking forever to arrive :(

Even the WE Glock 19 will probably arrive first.

I know the KJ is a TM clone of sorts, but how did you get on fitting the Marui internals, any problems ?

Cheers.

Nice looking G19.

I finally got around to finishing another Glock frame.

g1701leftsm.jpg

g1702rightsm.jpg

g1703sm.jpg

g1704sm.jpg

g1705sm.jpg

TM G17

Guarder OD Green frame

Guarder Steel Slide

Various internal upgrades

Waiting on my Gunsmodify Nightsights and zero hammer.

Replicated the stipple job Boresight did on my other guns as closely as possible.

Frame work done:

* Grip reduction

* Higher tang cut at the beavertail and base of the trigger guard reduction for a high tang grip

* Finger humps removal

* Trigger guard rounding

* 360° stippling including front flats and trigger guard

Amongst all the frames I've stippled, I've done a few Guarder frames before but they were all black. FDE and OD Green frames melt a differently due to the color dye. I don't normally stipple that high up onto the beavertail, but I wanted to try it since I've seen Boresight do it in the past. To prevent your first buckle from getting chewed up you really need to sand the texture down a fair bit at the beavertail after you've stippled it, but not so much that you lose the texture altogether.

Pretty happy with the results. It's very grippy but won't tear up your shirt when wearing it holstered. The shape after the grip reduction is for me more comfortable and less boxy than stock.

• Like 1

I have a pic request here guys... Can you share your holsters? Due to the Glock shape being the same across versions (give or take a lil in the slide length and grip length) it seems they are pretty cross compatible. I would love to see what holsters you all are using.

I have a SERPA but am looking for an alternative for use an a drop leg. While I do like the serpa, Im not a fan of the $150 price tag given Ill want to get two (my kit and my loaner).

Cheers

Wolf: Thanks!

QDRenegade: Any plastic or kydex holster with tight tolerances will have issues accommodating both KWA spec and TM spec glocks. I have dedicated kydex holsters for either version's specs but not one that covers both. If you need a holster that regardless of gun type, that will give you good retention, not slow your draw etc, you'll probably want to use some kind of soft holster so that it'll adjust accordingly. I like the Noveske Exclusive JACO holster produced by Eagle Industries. It accommodates KWA/KSC/TM spec Glocks, with or without a weaponlight. It'll also accomodate 1911, SIG and various other handguns. And it sits low enough to clear armor and yet high enough that you can run the tips of your fingers under the lowest part of the holster as all drop legs should be worn.

Beyond that, if you're in the market for Kydex holsters, take a look at OTG Concepts holsters. OTG started off making holsters for RS, however now also make kydex holsters at the same quality level but specifically for KWA or TM spec Glocks (The only professional grade kydex manufacturer that I know of that also caters to the airsoft market as well). You could possibly get a TM spec Kydex Glock holster from them which will fit the KWA spec Glocks (just a little loosely without perfect retention).

The OTG holsters look like a winner for me! Ill be ordering for a KSC G19 and KSC G18C both with GTL21 lights. Its good to know they can accommodate airsoft spec parts, too. Im diggin around their site now - may have to call to see what they can do about having one on a drop leg unit.

Cheers!

Last time I talked to them, they mentioned that they're looking into integrating the G-Code RTI Wheel as an option for their holsters. That would be a great move on their part since that would allow you to have the holster in a HSGI universal drop Holster platform, and quickly switch holsters depending on the gun type and with or without a weapon light at will. Definitely contact them and ask if there's been any progress on that!

You could do that ... OR ... you could simply ask OTG to make a holster that will fit the TM spec Glocks :D . OTG has samples of both the TM / KWA Glocks on hand to test fit and ensure proper fit. Getting an OTG RS Glock 21 spec holster will be good, but an OTG airsoft Glock 17 spec holster will be perfect. You won't need to heat and soften the holster to make it fit correctly (as I have done in the past with Raven G21 holsters). It'll be good to go right out of the packaging. Perfect retention, smooth draw, not too tight, not too loose, etc.