You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

When you deploy overseas to a war zone, where you're surrounded by people with interesting firearms, and all you can think about is how you can't go airsofting until you get home, or even handle any of your AEGs...

I'm having withdrawal symptoms... :(

When you deploy overseas to a war zone, where you're surrounded by people with interesting firearms, and all you can think about is how you can't go airsofting until you get home, or even handle any of your AEGs...

I'm having withdrawal symptoms... :(

QFT...

It's okay out here. It's hot, but the air con is good. :) Camp Bastion is like a smallish town built out of semi-permanent tents and pre-fab buildings plonked down in a worthless desert - it's pretty much the safest place in the country and therefore fairly boring. Sometimes you can almost forget what's happening out at the sharp end...

I've now been here long enough to qualify for the OSM and the NATO medal (since ISAF is a NATO mission), even though I won't be able to wear the NATO medal until after I leave the service. Stupid "one medal" government policy dry.gif

Chatted to a guy with a Sharpshooter Rifle today - I want one, even if they do just look like overgrown Armalites with overgrown ACOGs on top...

I'm continually amazed at the variety I'm seeing in the SA80s out here, though - there used to be literally two looks for the SA80 - iron sights or SUSAT - but out here I've seen all manner of things. I've seen people with the short "carbine" version with SUSAT, ACOG and ACOG with Docter red dot, I've seen full-length SA80s with and without the RIS rails, I've seen them with the UGL, and every one has all the possible sight options. There were even some poor saps with the basic SA80A2 with iron sights...

Interestingly, though, I've not seen any with the odd Z-shaped scope riser I see in the SA80 picture thread for mounting an ACOG. The ACOGs here are all just mounted directly onto the scope rail on the top of the rifle as per any other sight system. unsure.gif

When your teacher is explaining the scenario of what happened to that Arizona senator that was shot in the head, he says that the guy used a handgun with a 30round clip, and you correct him and say it's a pistol with a 30rnd magazine in front of the whole class.

When kids at school dont invite you to partys because you proved their crossman gun is a POS.

• 2 weeks later...

You know you play too much airsoft when you've invented drinking games based on, or around airsoft...

I was once involved in a drinking game where you take a shot for every firearm based mistake in a certain film. We ran out of boose! Hollywood doesn't like realism for some reason.

I was once involved in a drinking game where you take a shot for every firearm based mistake in a certain film. We ran out of boose! Hollywood doesn't like realism for some reason.

Mine was anyone to spill someone elses pint took a three round burst from a gun of the pint owners choosing, eye pro involved of course.

That or dropping bbs around the house in other peoples drinks, some had oil marks, others fluff.

'FireKnife'

Ours was simple. BAR-10 stripped of any sights firing at a newspaper some 10m away. Take turns with misses punished by a shot of tequila. After several rounds the newspaper gets folded in half until it gets so small you may as well give up and chug on the bottle.

Then there's the stupid which involved a revolver, one bullet and a whole lot of liquor. Not loaded with bbs of course (not that stupid!) but with a styrofoam ball. The unlucky one gets a "shot".

Swat Shots: Split group into equal teams. Set out shots of vodka equal to number of players, plus one filled with water. "SWAT" must tactically engage the "Tangos"(vodka) without neutralizing the Hostage (water). Any means of indentifying the Tangos can be used, except tasting. Team with the lowest time wins. Further rounds increase the number of Hostages...The catch is that if you engage a Hostage, you take a penalty shot.

Shot for Shot CQB: Really, any style of game you want. Simple rules. Each time you get hit, you take a shot. Play as long as you like, and keep score. Gets really interesting after a few rounds.

Archived