1911 Picture Thread

As for me I want a TM:

Officers, Heat style.

Commander but not the M15 one.

AMT Hardballer.

AMT Hardballer Longslide.

Kimber Custom II LAPD SWAT (only Kimber I really like).

Series 90 Defender.

Dan Wesson Valor.

And many more :P.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

This got moved so it's missing its title.... I call it my Mini MEU

WE 1911 3.8 type B

Pachmayr grips

PDI palsonite 6.01mm 7" inner barrel

Custom threaded outer barrel to flush mount 

MadBull Whisper .45 acp

Guarder hi-capa 3 hole trigger on WE 1911 trigger bar

IMAG0207_zpscd328890.jpg

IMAG0208_zps30262702.jpg

• Like 1

Right after picking up another Detonics off of Aitch I did a bit of swapping (sorry for poor camera phone pics):

20130306192053.jpg

20130306192111.jpg

20130306192125.jpg

And after a while I thought, nah not really for me so ended up with these:

20130306193745.jpg

The Detonics 'Agent' for some nice subtle tones, with a bit of bling here and there ;).

20130306193726.jpg

Finally the Crockett Pocket Rocket. :P

'FireKnife'

• Like 2

Coming back to the longing for a Commander size 1911, well a friend of mine has been chatting to WE and they have informed him that they will supply parts through their soon to be set up new website (airsoft123) and they will sell Commander length slides :)

Till then I will keep on customizing the TM ABS ones...

DSCF5392.jpg

A WW2 era Commander?

That they have then added a 4.3 bushingless barrel and bull barrel guide rod to? :P

Though to be honest I think that they could just make a bushing cut, shorten the outer barrel and guide rod and voila, a Commander.

Still I could do with a Commander and an Officers just to have a bit of everything. As much as I like the Detonics the truncated sights don't really work for me as I don't go for this thumb cocking stuff, Condition one for me.

'FireKnife'

WE sells this.  I'm not sure what you'd call it. :unsure: 

030-m1943.jpg

Yep as 'FireKnife' says thats a WW2 Colt Commander. It can easily be customized to fit a bushing and guide rod plug if you have a Dremel, similar to what I do on the TM 4.3 ABS slides. Would have to be a steel bushing as the TM ones bend outwards with the pressure of the plug and recoil spring.

Hopefully be getting a couple of these slides if the WE website works out :rolleyes:

Edited by MrManiac

A WW2 era Commander?

That they have then added a 4.3 bushingless barrel and bull barrel guide rod to? :P

Though to be honest I think that they could just make a bushing cut, shorten the outer barrel and guide rod and voila, a Commander.

Still I could do with a Commander and an Officers just to have a bit of everything. As much as I like the Detonics the truncated sights don't really work for me as I don't go for this thumb cocking stuff, Condition one for me.

'FireKnife'

You did know the original 'commanders' were custom smithed by those wanting a short .45.

You did know the original 'commanders' were custom smithed by those wanting a short .45.

Actually the Commander was released widespread in 1943, before that it was custom built. However the Officers was the one that took ages, even after the likes of Detonics had been cutting down 1911s for years.

As for them being cut down it is unlikely they would look like the above, still often retaining a bushing and standard width outer barrel. :P

Can the WE Slide be modded t o fit TM?

It does fit and cycle as a unit but I never borrowed the one I had for long enough to try it with a new hop unit and a TM 4.3 Hi-Capa barrel. If you want a short slide on a 1911 that is rounded like the above then that is your choice. Well that or go custom made / get a WA pistol. ;)

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

Both Marui based.

Springfield Operator refinished in Cerakote Armor Black (slide) and Sniper Gray (frame and associated parts) 

Nighthawk Talon refinished in Cerakote Graphite Black (slide) and Titanium Blue (frame and associated parts)

Fantastic! Are those 10-8 sights RS 10-8 sights? Did they need any modifications to work? I wish a company like Nova would come out with the NHC 1 pc Mainspring Housing/Magwell.

I still need to recrown my NHC outer barrel.

uscmCorps, the 10-8 rear sight is by Detonator. They come as a set, but I only use the rear since all my guns have Heinie or Wilson Combat tritium front sights. The rear sight needs a little bit of filing to fit, but its pretty easy. 

And I agree, I wish nova would make a magwell/MSH. I had the TSC 2 piece, but wasn't satisfied with the fit, or that it was made out of aluminum.  I aslo need to crown my barrel. It's on my long todo list.