Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blaster Bios .25's

Needed some .25 for an outdoor game got some of these, trashed the piston and sector gear. They even managed to get imbedded in the spring of a brand new P mag.

Luckily i managed to save the p mag even though i very nearly threw it out the window out of sheer frustration putting that damn spring back in

Army Armaments R85 - Miss feeding from day one, roughly fixed. Hand guard now held on with an intricate array of tape as the damn plastic nubs that clip together wore away. Utter, utter rubbish.

Scorpion- Can't remember the make, was roughly £80. Day one mag feel apart. Day two stock fell off. Day three the hopup gave up the ghost.

Viper Neoprene Knee pads - Fantastic as long as you want to protect your shins and you don't mind if the other team hear your squelching velcro straps from half a mile away.

Pretty much every red dot sight I've ever bought. Paralax free on these things is an utter myth!

USP AEP. worst purchase ever.

fired it once, opponent smoothly dodged the bbs in mid flight. pulled it out a second time to fire into a room - magazine falls to the floor and ejects 25 bbs giving away my position and leaving me scrambling.

then the battery got stuck in the gun so once its died it was a brick.

Clone X-tac kneepads, cracked in half first time i took them out, taped them back together and they proceeded to crack in every other direction possible in the following weeks.

also Fauxley (Fake oakley) gloves, have been through 2 pairs that have basically fallen to pieces, should have learned form the first pair but needed some gloves in a hurry and they were the closest ones to fit my loadout that i could get.

this among other things is why i don't buy clone any more.

All my guns except my TMs:

first JG AUG: bb jammed INSIDE gearbox, stripped everything

first SRC g36c: POS hopunsure.gif

JG 416: POS hop, grindy gearbox

KWA M93r: unreliable fire modes, bad accuracy.

second JG AUG: Awful range/accuracysad.gif

CYMA CM.035: Cracked receiver

second SRC G36c: POS hopangry.gif

Ares G36c: terrible. . .just terrible

TM P226: PERFECT!tongue.gif

TM FAMAS: Smooth as butterbiggrin.gif

TM MK23: Reliable as hell, ultimate backuplaugh.gif

Sold mk23, bought Marushin 629 X cart. Broke a month later. headbutt.gif

Wanting another MK23.happy.gif

My only regret is that it took so long to come into the light! rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ics mp5

Really? Why?

Edit: And so as to add to the thread as well, the cheapy Viper drop-leg I bought when I first started out to hold my shoddy springer pistol... What a waste that was. Incapable of holding anything more than a light breeze without flapping everywhere. I have since replaced it with a Serpa, and now I am happy!

Really? Why?

Edit: And so as to add to the thread as well, the cheapy Viper drop-leg I bought when I first started out to hold my shoddy springer pistol... What a waste that was. Incapable of holding anything more than a light breeze without flapping everywhere. I have since replaced it with a Serpa, and now I am happy!

Well overall it was a nice gun, and at the time there was a used one for sale(guy was asking $420, still has it for sale now at about $320) but it was more than I was looking to spend on it so I bought a new one from Airsplat. All would have been great but the's selector switch came defunct and the gun wouldn;t shoot correctly in semi or auto. That and the battery's that were supposed to fit in the handguard would not fit, spent a good 2 hours on that alone :o

Ended up sending it back for a full refund surprisingly (minus S&H)

EDIT: I should also add it was the newer 3 burst edition with the full stock.

• 2 weeks later...

APS M4 EBB. Definitely the worst gun I've ever had.

Switch assembly stopped working after about 100 rounds so I had to open it to fix it. That was just the beginning. Blowback function broke down after less than thousand shots, air leak on a stock gun etc. Of course they also had made every part a bit different to usual V2 parts, even the gearbox had been made shorter than the regular one.

King Arms Larue 9.0 Tactical Rifle.

Got it home. Problems in order;

Stock on the buffer tube had about 3mm of wobble. It wasn't even close to fitting, and left plenty of room for wires to get trapped between the tube and the stock, even with a PTS CTR.

The wiring is about 2 guages thinner than G&P stuff, for no reason i can deduce other than cheaping out.

The buffer tube was loose on the receiver and had a fair degree of rotation. Tightening the buffer tube pulled the gearbox out of alignment and stopped the selector plate moving.

Changed the buffer tube for a G&P one to get rid of the stock wobble - Same problem with the selector plate.

The stock motor is pure torque and no speed. On a 7.4 lipo, the RoF and trigger response was lame.

G&P M120 motor to resolve this issue didn't fit properly in the KA TD grip. Swapped out for an MOE.

Because of the KA stiff as fruitcage wiring, it took about 15 attempts to get the motor to move freely.

M120 didn't improve the problem due to the length and beefiness of the spring, even after clipping 4 coils.

Burnt the trigger contacts with an 11.1 to try and get a reasonable response out of it. My bad, admittedly.

After cleaning the contacts thoroughly and finally getting the gearbox in the right place with a couple of washers, the trigger contacts are already burning out after 1,000 rounds on a 7.4 Lipo.

The bolt catch system is a ridiculous idea. It helps nothing, solves a problem that didn't exist and makes removing the upper receiver a right pain in the *albartroth*.

Gearbox components in general. Plastic spring guide? 7mm metal bushings. Overall, poor.

Upper and lower receiver had wobble - Solved with a washer, but still annoying.

Basically, i'm now left with a very nice looking £450 heap of junk with a pathetic trigger response, slow RoF and half molten trigger contacts from a battery that's never cause a problem in any other gun.

Lesson entirely learned - King Arms M4's are cheaped out on, poorly put together, using inferior components and nowhere near worth the price. I'm really, really hacked off with this thing, and will endeavour to discourage anyone from ever buying a King Arm's product.

King Arms Larue 9.0 Tactical Rifle.

Basically, i'm now left with a very nice looking £450 heap of junk with a pathetic trigger response, slow RoF and half molten trigger contacts from a battery that's never cause a problem in any other gun.

Lesson entirely learned - King Arms M4's are cheaped out on, poorly put together, using inferior components and nowhere near worth the price. I'm really, really hacked off with this thing, and will endeavour to discourage anyone from ever buying a King Arm's product.

Hmm, I sure hope you got a lemon, I own a King Arms m4 mrfs-cx and the only thing wrong with it is the stock wobble (not as bad as yours though), other than that it's rock solid!

OT: Well D90, my first airsoft gun purchase. Biggest PoC evarrrrr.

pfft BULL. I strapped a tornado 8.4 3700 to the side and used it in CQB. Surprisingly, it STILL (7 years?) hasn't eaten it's plastic gearbox :S

Mine broke within a month, and while still working it had the worst imaginable spread. Anything beyond 10 feet was a challenge.

It's always been hit and miss with Chinese manufacturers, especially pre 2008ish.

Hmm, I sure hope you got a lemon, I own a King Arms m4 mrfs-cx and the only thing wrong with it is the stock wobble (not as bad as yours though), other than that it's rock solid!

I'm not so sure... I've had a King Arms VLTOR VIS before now, and that was almost as bad. For a supposedly monolithic upper the bottom section of the rail wobbled a fair bit, and the general build quality was unimpressive.

I'm not sure if it's me having high standards, but it strikes me that the price of a similarly spec'd G&P AR is about the same as the KA, and everything on the G&P is perfect out of the box. I've had so many niggly issues with the thing I've sold it at a knock down price to buy another G&P, which is a shame because the Larue body and rail were gorgeous... Shame the gun overall was such a dud really.

Archived