transformer 3 loadout

yeah, my vest is still stuck in hong kong for some reason. but looks good and glad to hear it fits you, im a little bit shorter at 6'1" and about 10 pounds lighter, so should be good for me too. but i didnt think about breathability. thats going to suck.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vest did come with both male and female clips for the back plate. Which makes it a little easier to rig up a bladder if one desires. Not sure which direction I want to go with that just yet. Their bladder was a very custom one, which will be impossible to match. The patches I ordered from ebay.

I ordered these so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230692375284?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390356949872?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370541018067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I found this page to have some decent pictures when deciding on things:

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t7103.html

A little update on what i have put together so far. This is my very loose version of a Nest team member. This is not meant to be a dead accurate look, as Im trying to save some money.

Basics:

Ebair TF3 Vest

Crye Combat shirt with elbow pads GenII

Crye Combat pants with knee pads GenII

HSGI battle belt

EI duty belt

Converse tactical combat boots

iNova distress signal

ACM Oakley assualt gloves

Gunslinger rifle sling

ACM single M4 mag pouches(on belt)

DSC_0017.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Looks really good Chevieblazer, are you wearing a Crye jacket or combat shirt? Do you have any other photos?

I was going to use the Ops Core rails and goggle clip kit as it would give a similar look, just need to track down a good quality MICH/ACH replica, what make is the helmet you have?

The shirt is 5.11.

As far as the rails go, there are some helmets that have the ops-core rails (e.g. during the jump scene in Chicago or at the Nest base), but those are different. I was thinking mex-tec (or so, found it through some video from the airsoftmedicine guys), but they don't have that NVG-Mount system.

Didn't know ops-core even had goggle attachment systems.

My helmet is a "loadout master" from rsov

Looking good, how did you get on with the number of mags the set up gives you (I count you carrying 5...are they mids or highcap PMAGs?)? Did the vest hold up to the game? Im probably going to make similar additions to what you see on screen when I get a chance to complete my setup.

The total number of mags is 7. 4 on the belt, 2 on the vest and one in the gun. That's the usual number of mags I run with in a GBBR setup. unfortunately, no GBB Masada yet, but it still works. First mission was a defensive one and I couldn't reload the mags. That was real tight in the end, but I still have the Kimber +2 for that. Mags are 3 PTS midcaps and 4 BetaP. lowcaps.

The Vest... is just great. Very light, very comfy. Maybe a little too light. Likely works best with GBB mags, since with AEG-mags, there is litterally no weight in front. I attached a CB to the rear plate, it works great. Lots of hydration, completely out of the way. The vest does not hinder movement, indeed we were running a lot that day. The 24/7 light will have to change position, because I always tip it off when changing hands.

Only downturn is that you need to carry just about everything on the belt, since the vest only carries hydration and two mags. It was impossible to keep the belt from sagging through the day. I suppose a girl wouldn't have that issue

Sounds like you have it well thought out, can imagine the belt would sag especially with the dump and utility pouches, I have I think 7 PTS PMAGs for my ACR, when I sort out a belt Im gonna have to decide to get Fastmag or another type of pouch to fit in extra ammo.

Could you post up a photo of how you attached the hydration when you get a chance?

To keep this alive!

Was bored a little today. Plus got a new HSGI Cobra belt, black scarf, serpa, and bowman to add to the kit. Remember this is my loose impression, not from film. I think Im gonna go for a K9 unit :)

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been interested in the TF3 Neoprene Tacital Vest/Body Armor too... I was looking into the ebairsoft shirt and pants combo, until I stumbled across this pretty damning review: http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-warrior-combat-uniform-pri-5551.html?reviews_id=11611 (fake leather patches sound pretty bad!! :no: )

Only comment I'd make is that the reviewer didn't have a good thing to say about the Emerson Gen3 pants either, but I find them perfectly fine for my use??? :huh:

The real ones are really nice and dont cost 'that' much, more than the Ebair ones obviously but if there are good deals on the 'slick' versions of the HPFU. I bought a pair of the trousers as I wanted some black BDUs with kneepads.

Edit : of course the newer ones (like mine) do not come with the textured knee and elbow areas which makes them look like pretty much any other BDU unless you know what details to look for in the pockets.

• 3 months later...

Archived