TM and KSC Glock Size Differences

aznriptide859

I've managed to get my hands on both a TM and KSC Glock, and I wanted to find out what the serious size differences are. I've always heard the TM is wider/won't fit into G17 holsters, so I wanted to find for myself. Here are some measurements I took earlier today.

IMG_1523.jpg

The silver slided G17 is KSC, and the black slided G17 is TM. The KSC is outfitted with a stock KSC frame and PGC slide, while the TM is fitted with a Guarder slide and Guarder frame.

Slide width: KSC - 25.44mm, TM - 25.74mm

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Trigger guard width: KSC - 14.79mm, TM - 15.31mm

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

Slide to trigger guard width: KSC - 67.04mm, TM - 67.56mm

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

Frame width (rear of frame below slide): KSC - 28.73mm, TM - 29.19mm

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Frame width (grip, raised area): KSC - 30.41mm, TM - 30.66mm

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

To me these measurements seem minuscule...apparently it makes a difference for holster fitment.

Anyone else want me to measure anything else?

+1 on the RS measurements.

Another thing to consider is that the stock TM Glock has different measurements. One of the "features" of the Guarder kit is that they have adjusted the dimensions of the slide and frame to be more accurate, I'm pretty sure it's listed on their website under the TM G17 kit.

Well the nice man at my local gun store let me measure a real Gen3 G17 and G22.

Instead of pictures I figure I post my data as an Excel spreadsheet:

TMKSCRSGlockMeasurements.jpg

Findings:

Oddly enough, almost ALL G22 measurements are smaller or around the same as the G17. You'd think with a larger caliber the gun would be overall bigger (on top of the fact people claim G22 holsters fit TM guns while G17 holsters will not).

The biggest deviations from RS and airsoft measurements has to be the slide-to-trigger guard width and slide-to-rail width - almost a 1.5mm difference at max. I can see how this can lead to holster fitment issues.

I did take the RS measurements in a rush, but if anyone has a RS G17 or G22 could you confirm my measurements? Thanks.

Found a G21 to measure - also did measurements on the TM.

TMKSCRSGlockMeasurements-2.jpg

No surprise - slide and frame are 2-3mm wider. No real differences between the TM stock or TM Guarder.

It seems to me the size differences aren't THAT big...I mean from RS they deviate about 1-1.5mm max (except the G21). Wonder why TM Glocks won't fit 17 holsters then? Maybe I'll try both pistols in a number of hard holsters.

Archived