Emerson Ops Core FAST Bump Helmet

CplHicks

I have the dragonred one , My melon normaly goes with size medium head wear and it fits fine , loads of adjustment to make it smaller or larger . BUT big problem I found was with the straps , there too short . I don't have a particularly longe face or big chin but even with the straps at there longest adjustment it was still realy tight and in the end I had to open the stitching on the buckles and re-stitch them to get some extra lenth on the straps . Now I've done that it realy comfortable and fits well .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked out a couple of the DragonRed Ballistic FAST helmet replicas. One is a tan helmet, the other a multicam version. I'm really impressed by the overall quality of the helmets. For the money, these are hard to beat. The shell is light, and appropriately thick. Detachable padding is also decent, though not quite as nice as my real ones. The liner/Occ-Dial adjustable fitband is okay. Not as tight fitting as my real version but that's a little nitpicking. Honestly, it'll keep the lid securely in place and is overall good quality. I think the felt liners that wrap around parts of the fitband need to be cut for more wrap around coverage. Parts of it don't stay perfectly wrapped around the velcro, but nothing most people will notice and shouldn't affect comfort or function. A very pleasant surprise was the fact that the bungee cords are the correct color (tan) and have shrink wrap around the metal/bungee connection point of the hooks just like on the real version. The tan of the helmet looks a little light, but I'll have to get it home to compare it to my real helmet. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that the arc rails are black painted tan. The very earliest versions of the Bump and Ballistic helmets had black painted tan arc rails. I think it was gen 1 or possibly earlier. All the current versions have their arc rails cast in the appropriate color. I only noticed this when I pulled the multicam helmet out of the box and saw that some of the tan paint was flaking off the rails. Not the end of the world I guess. The chin strap clip could be a little nicer. It looks the part but the male part doesn't snap into the female part of the buckle quite as distinctly as the real deal does. It seems secure though.

Anyway, like I said, for the money it's a good quality replica. I like it a lot more than the Crye Airframe helmets. I've always found the Airframes to be cool in appearance and silhouette ... until you actually put it on. At that point they tend to look really tall and a little bulbous. That is my opinion based on the real ones I've used and worn over the last couple years and I'm guessing the replicas are no different. I like the OPS-Core helmets in comparison as they're super low profile, cut to accommodate coms and yet give you similar coverage compared to a MICH 2002, and is very secure thanks to the fitband liner system.

ETA: The multicam finish is really nice too. Looks the same as any other licensed water dipped product I've got.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just ordered the new Ops Core PJ Helmet from Dragon Red. It is a lot cheaper than the replica ballistic at $38.

Anyone got one of these yet?

http://dragonredairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=183

Did you get it, and how is it? The descritopn says it's of lower quality than the ballistic type, but is it still decent enough for the price?

Archived