Magpul PTS Masada Gas Blow Back Conversion Kit

Slayer750

Heh, I like the sheriff at the end of the video. Nice to see LE personnel advocating fun, safe airsofting.

Still, besides the point - I'd be a lot more interested in this as a whole gun. For anyone with a WA based GBBR, it's going to be awfully upsetting to have to buy an AEG only to throw away the expensive parts of it and shell out for a conversion kit to replace them with.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant idea - AEG users can have the gas parts for the summer, AEG bits for the winter, vice-versa. For me though, I own a bunch of G&P WA mags, and I'd quite like a GBBR Masada - But I really hope they release the built gun in stock form to save having to buy the AEG version first.

GBB Masada - very nice. But i think we are stuck at 5.56. Maybe make new step to 7.62. I mean 7.62x51 recievers. VFC with their HK417D look VERY interesting. Because it's look like they actually developed new reciever (maybe just lower) and magazine!

I'm in awe that the GBBR took off, I watched gladly when TM AEGs wiped what they call "classic" guns off the face of the airsoft planet, if classic means useless leaky POS that goes through seals like cull then they're classic alright :P they were ###### back then and nothing with the newer releases makes me think any different :P

I'm in awe that the GBBR took off, I watched gladly when TM AEGs wiped what they call "classic" guns off the face of the airsoft planet, if classic means useless leaky POS that goes through seals like cull then they're classic alright :P they were ###### back then and nothing with the newer releases makes me think any different :P

Owned a GBBR recently? My G&P/WA is 12,000 or so rounds in, in stock form, without a failure yet. Mags are gas tight and have never leaked, it outranges everything with a .28 by a considerable amount, and makes everyone who uses it feel a little bit sad that they're still rocking a sewing machine :P

*edit* Also, wear a coat over a chest rig with the mags, and it works just as well in winter as it does in the comfort of my room!

Owned a GBBR recently? My G&P/WA is 12,000 or so rounds in, in stock form, without a failure yet. Mags are gas tight and have never leaked, it outranges everything with a .28 by a considerable amount, and makes everyone who uses it feel a little bit sad that they're still rocking a sewing machine :P

*edit* Also, wear a coat over a chest rig with the mags, and it works just as well in winter as it does in the comfort of my room!

Have to agree, have a stock WOC X passing 7K or so rounds and not an issue yet.

Have to agree, have a stock WOC X passing 7K or so rounds and not an issue yet.

That's even more impressive, I didn't realise the WOC X series would go that long without needing the steel bits. Picking up a WOC X 607 soon, so that's very good news indeed :)

Still - GBBR's can compete with AEG's, you just need to know what you're getting into, and be willing to spend the money. Half the GBBR issues I see seem to be 'Oh, my 5ku 3 round burst kit doesn't work with my RA-Tech bolt in my G&P receiver'.. Mixing and matching parts causes a world of tolerance issues in GBB's and AEG's alike.

When it comes to GBBR's, all you need is the willingness to part with the dosh for a decent base, a reasonable knowledge of mechanical engineering, and the acceptance of the fact you'll need to maintain it better and replace parts occasionally - Which is a hell of a lot easier than repairing/maintaining an AEG's gearbox.

I used to be an avid GBBR hater, until I actually bought one and realised all the fuss was over nothing. Cooldown is preventable, and it's not at all difficult to get a GBBR to perform as well as an AEG.

What mag do you use that they don't leak?

Mechanically my GBBR seems to be holding up no issue, but the darn mags are the weakest part...

What mag do you use that they don't leak?

Mechanically my GBBR seems to be holding up no issue, but the darn mags are the weakest part...

G&P Pmags - Really really pleased with them. Whilst they're a tad on the heavy side, they look convincingly enough like polymer and the finish on them is very, very tough.

I've heard negative reviews of the Beta Project Pmags, which I believe held 50 - Kingdong had some with his WOC and had a few issues, including leaks.

G&P Pmags are 39 rounds, but they're gas tight and rock solid. I carry a combat load of 6 39 round mags, and I used to use 8 120 round mags in an AEG. I've never once felt outgunned or lacking ammunition. When it comes to suppression, the noise adds a bit of a psychological factor 'n all - I've found a shot from a GBBR at a surface that makes a noise every couple of seconds keeps heads down as effectively as a midcap dump from an AEG.

I had bought 6 of those Beta Project Pmags, they all leaked, re-sealed and still leaked, I also noticed a lack of power and a lack of spare parts... Lame.

Im glad to hear the Masada GBBR conversion takes WA mags :) Im sure Ehobby will eventually have the pre-built GBBR Masada at some point.

The only problem I've ever really had with the WA system is leaking mags. I've got 7 of the standard type G&Ps and they all leak like *Ubarflock*, I've never been able to field my GBBRs.

I'll be buying some of the G&P PMAGs very shortly, because lower capacity I can work around. Mags that hold no propellant are 100% useless.

Archived