read first post first - Q&A for WE

MooCow

Spoken to WE recently and will probably get this sent over to the guys at the end of the month.

What this thread is supposed to do is to collaborate the questions into 1 pile so that questions will be answered and hopefully not too many people will repeat the same questions.

In your questions (about anything WE) please make sure it's clearly stated what gun you're talking about.

Please read through the posts below (as they build up) to see if anybody has already asked the questions you were going to ask.

I can tell you guys this now, asking for future projects or any work in progress is not going to get you a very clear answer at all... So don't be disappointed if you do not get the answer you were looking for.

Fire away guys!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-How much consideration do they give to forums with regards to choosing future product lines i.e. does any of our begging/crying/demanding have any effect?

-How goes their tussle with Cybergun with regards to the P90 GBB? It was ready to be released last year (to everyones delight) before they stepped into a knee-deep pit of bovine excrement.

-Will they consider selling parts and/or accessories directly online the way Kuan Ju Works (KJW) conveniently does? As good as some WE GBB models are, they are far from indestructible and not having a reliable source of spare parts keeps many from ever buying.

1. What is WE working on to get individual parts for the open bolt platform (especially hop up / inner barrel) available for the M4/M16/416/4168 family especially here in the USofA?

1. If not steel made internal parts, why doesn’t WE use aluminum or quality zinc alloy for their internal parts instead of that unknown, weaker, brittle, & porous metal currently used on their products? The AWSS bolt carrier was at least steel; why not carry it over to the new platform?

That is zinc alloy.

Sorry, but comparing it to KA & G&P WOC-X internals, not even close. if it is, its *suitcase*-ty *albatross* alloy. In relation to its competitors, there is a lot of room for improvement. You've built a lot of rifles from scratch, ever try the "ooops, I dropped it on the concrete" test? Ever see what the underside of a brand new bolt carrier from an OB M4 look like after 3 mags? And yes, 6 of my 9 GBBs are WE Techs.

Anyways, Mods, I apologize, back on topic...

- Could WE possible set up an online shop to get spare parts direct from them, currently it can be difficult to get parts.

- Have WE not considered setting up a 'premium' line of GBBRs which have full steel internals out of the box as well as a better finish?

- Are the standard M4 magazines going to see a re-design similar to the G36/M14/AK style which has proven to be a much better design.

- Could WE consider working with Magpul PTS in getting some P-mag shells out for the M4 magazines. Possibly even the G36 ones?

I do not have a question, but a request for WE.

Please make the magazine base on the MEU type magazines about 2mm thinner. Many brands of green gas (in the US) will not fill these magazines, because the nozzle is a hair too short.

Thinning the base plate will eliminate the problem.

Can we get a browning with a combat/ L9a1 rear sight? The one you make isn't quite so popular cos its got the wrong rear sight for 90% of people. http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/9/9a/BrowningHiPowerPistol9mm.jpg for reference

Can we have a Delisle that runs on your 1911 mags?

Can we have a Bren Ten? I have absolutely no justification here I've just been watching Miami Vice a bit.

Can you really put some thought into Reppyboyo's online parts shop? Its a huge pain in the gluteal region to replace the slide of one of your pistols or a bolt from a rifle ETC in the UK , and it seems like Evike can just box you up you a new one that'll have you going in 10 seconds if you're in the US...

and it seems like Evike can just box you up you a new one that'll have you going in 10 seconds if you're in the US...
Along the lines of Reppy's ordering parts online suggestion especially with parts @ Evike always being in "out of stock" status, is WE working on getting its established vendors worldwide a surplus of parts especially when product is again being aggressively pushed to the masses? There have been a lot of promises through the past years regarding parts availability but actual implementation would be superb.

Better internals, increase costs to cover it.

My KJW M4 has shot 20,000 and has only needed the return belt replaced! My WE M14 has shot 500 and it needs a new bolt catch and from what i read and see i will probably have to replace most of the internals with aftermartet parts.

Reliability sells thats why tokyo marui are still in buisness. eg if i wanted a glock 17 i'll buy TM because its proven to be the most reliable.

It was a very smart move to use vsr barrels and hops as standard, keep doing that. :)

Archived