REAPS promises 60m shots

Isamu

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon it's just a commercial flat hop... I mean, it's been getting a lot more widely known about these days, it was only a matter of time until a company started producing a drop in version.

I'm awfully impressed by the range if this is a reasonably simple installation process - Changing a hop rubber in a TM GBB can be done by anyone with basic skills, so if this works as advertised then it's a great product. But I don't think it's anything people haven't achieved before with home-brew mods right?

Also, master_titled - I looked twice when I saw the thread title too.

I think the effect can be seen better when he tests the AEG and looks like the hop can be adjusted a bit more for flatter trajectory, but there are still questions like:

What power is he shooting at?

is he using a tightbore? which bore?

BB brand?

Did he achive that range just with the hop bucking?

I think the effect can be seen better when he tests the AEG and looks like the hop can be adjusted a bit more for flatter trajectory, but there are still questions like:

What power is he shooting at?

is he using a tightbore? which bore?

BB brand?

Did he achive that range just with the hop bucking?

EBB are advertising a TBB that's apparently made by the same company; Comparing that basic translated review and the video, my assumption is the parts have the potential to noticeably increase range, but they probably require fine tuning. Sort of, you've got 40 metres now, this gives you 45 when installed, fiddle with it enough and you can achieve 60?

*edit* The chap in the video definitely seems to think he's Richard Machowiz..

I can't imagine it's some sort of astounding new system noone's ever come up with before... My money is on a commercial flat hop based design, or maybe some sort of combination of flat hop/LRB? Whatever it is it certainly looks impressive... Although I'm a bit sad because if it is as good as it looks and it takes off, I'll lose the 5 yard range advantage that allows me to stand around smoking and shooting people safe in the knowledge there isn't much they can do about it :(

you can always smoke in the respawn area instead :P

It's not so much the smoking, it's more the look of bemusement when people's rounds drop in front of me and I'm able to hit them cleanly. I love that look.

On a serious note, come payday methinks I'm going to pick up one of these rubbers for my 1911, assuming it's not silly expensive. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll do some sort of review.

It looks interesting but as a few people have said I'd need more info before I believe the 60m range claim.

I would be interested in putting one in my M249 to give that some extra harassing range if it turns out that you sacrifice accuracy for range as the vid seems to suggest and if people find they get accuracy too then I'd probably stick one in my nbb socom as well.

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php/topic,6762.0.html

From what I'm told, it's not 100% the same concept as the R-hop - similar, as you have an elongated patch of BB contact rather than just a small nub for the hopup effect. What bothers me is the accuracy/range is extremely inconsistent, especially for the AEG. And, biased me, why did they test it in a WE G18? Why not a TM one? Testing parameters should have been more defined in the video...then again that guy's similarity to Richard Machowicz is just...scary lol.

It looks interesting but as a few people have said I'd need more info before I believe the 60m range claim.

I would be interested in putting one in my M249 to give that some extra harassing range if it turns out that you sacrifice accuracy for range as the vid seems to suggest and if people find they get accuracy too then I'd probably stick one in my nbb socom as well.

R hop does not involve any accuracy sacrifices.

R-hop, if anything, should be increasing the accuracy due to long contact patch.

You can see that the grouping improved drastically when he tested the AEG which should have longer barrel(and perhaps also higher quality).

So...if this one fails, go for a real R-hop?

Even improving accuracy in the AEG, shots were like a shotgun, maybe if used in high RPS guns this mod can be useful, but here in spain we dont use burst except 3rds ones or short burst in support guns so i dont think it is really useful unless accuracy can be improved with the use of good BBs and a tightbore...

I wonde wichi kind of nub it uses...

Archived