VFC HK M27 IAR

Extraordinaire

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But all in all, about time it came out. Shame about VFC's internals but put a G&P box in there and it'll be grand. And the externals will be as good as ever I'm sure.

Their original HK416 from several years ago had some trigger wiring issues, but since then, their AEGs have been very decent IMO. I've got five of their AEGs and I've been very pleased with them all.

The only thing I have against VFC is they use plastic 7mm bushings and their gears and motors are set up for high speed, low fps (about 350fpsish) setups. As their internals are all standard V2 compatible, it;s not exactly difficult to change out bits as needed.

Ah well, the wife need not know.

Just about the guns, or the rest? :P

But to be honest, couldn't you already make your own with all the parts available and not have a VFC setup in it? Surely with all the Armalite bits this must be do-able for the same price with a better setup?

'FireKnife'

Yeah, the main difference with the vanilla 416 is the special barrel and longer rail. Typical of VFC, this seems a good external replica down to the correct issued BUIS. It just needs a tan PEQ-16 to complete the look.

The real IARs are issued with a Trijicon S.D.O instead of a normal ACOG, but since there's no airsoft version...

Can someone explain the differences between this and the 416?  I'm not seeing it.

I think it's just USMC's sneaky walk around to adopt a new AR and avoid the hassle of going thru all the complicated politics.  The RS IAR fires from open bolt in full auto like most LMGs and feature a heavy barrel but as an AEG, the difference would be mostly cosmetic, such as the barrel, bayonet lug and.....markings. Maybe they'll also include a longer mag.

Can someone explain the differences between this and the 416? I'm not seeing it.

The M27 has a longer, heavier barrel (16") for better long range accuracy and heat resistance, the RIS system is 11" rather than 9", the bolt on the RS fires closed bolt in semi and on the first shot on FA, but then switches to open bolt to prevent cook-off (which is not really an issue with a piston driven action, but hey) and the RoF has been limited to 600RPM to save ammo.

But to be honest, couldn't you already make your own with all the parts available and not have a VFC setup in it? Surely with all the Armalite bits this must be do-able for the same price with a better setup?

No. The barrel and RIS don't exist in airsoft form. The RS rail could probably be adapted to fit but it costs $450USD and is ITAR, so good luck there.

That is one lovely looking piece! Have gotten my mits on a hurricane 416 receiver and had been thinking of making one of these but couldn't source a regular 416 ris let alone the longer one.

Anyone any ideas (or links) if the regular ris can be sourced?

The RS IAR fires from open bolt in full auto like most LMGs
the bolt on the RS fires closed bolt in semi and on the first shot on FA, but then switches to open bolt to prevent cook-off

Those were the other IAR contest participants made by FN, Colt, LWRC... the winner was this H&K HK416 variant, which is only closed bolt.

Apparently, the USMC wanted the IAR identical in operation to a M4/M16, to avoid training problems, negligent discharges...etc.

Archived