KSC & TM Glock compatibility with real Glock parts

uscmCorps

Hey guys,

Living in the US, I have the option to buy real parts for guns. One thing I've always been fuzzy on is what real steel Glock parts, if any, are compatible with TM Glocks, and KSC/KWA Glocks?

I'm mostly curious about parts such as replacement iron sights, slide releases, mag releases, mag base plates, etc.

I've got several TM Glocks, KSC/KWA Glocks, and KWA ATPs. I've upgraded a few of them with aftermarket airsoft parts, and I'm really thankful that companies like GunsModify have produced some awesome tritium sights for the TM Glock. Especially in light of the fact that the rear TM Glock sight is unique in design to the TM platform. If compatible, I'd like to further upgrade my various guns.

Thanks

This is for KWA/KSC.

Slide release: will work, but you need to enlargen the hole (since the KSC Glock has that brass bushing over it).

Mag release: 100% drop in.

Slide lock lever: 100% drop in

Sights: 100% drop in for me (used stock sights), may differ for other types

Magwells: Mostly drop in, some frames might be too thick for some magwells

Even though I don't have or feel the need for a glock, threads like these are awesome for guys stateside, where some of the cooler replacement airsoft stuff can be hard to get. Most of my real stuff is limited to lights and mounts, although I have a Vltor modstock that I modded (minimally) to fit a 9.6 2100 mah battery, and a QD M203 barrel latch

This is for KWA/KSC.

Slide release: will work, but you need to enlargen the hole (since the KSC Glock has that brass bushing over it).

Mag release: 100% drop in.

Slide lock lever: 100% drop in

Sights: 100% drop in for me (used stock sights), may differ for other types

Magwells: Mostly drop in, some frames might be too thick for some magwells

Thanks a lot aznriptide! This has been very helpful. I ordered some parts for my KSC Glock. Today I received my 10-8Performance sights which I've always really liked on my RS guns. The front sight went in easily, and thanks to the screw is solidly in place. The rear sight however was very loose during the initial install and using the included set screw, actually raised the rear sight too much (there's THAT much additional space in the dovetail. I could use super glue (and I still may) but what I'll try later tonight is cutting some thin sheets of plastic to act as spacers. Once I have a nice and tight fit into the dovetail I'll just use the set screw to hold it in place and stop it from drifting.

I've also ordered some other parts which (annoyingly) won't arrive till Monday. I've ordered the Vickers enhanced slide release (which was something I've been looking forward to trying since posting this thread) and some Vickers mag bases. Curious to see if the mag bases will work. If not I'll just use them on my real gun instead.

But so far I'm totally stoked about the sights. It really has enhanced the look of the gun as well as made picking up targets quicker.

I wish the KWA ATP would accepts the same sights. Gonna have to test that out. The front sight on the ATP however uses a dovetail for the install rather than the hole cut-out in the slide like on the Glock's front sight.

I had to run around doing errands today or I'd head over to HomeDepot to get supplies. I got annoyed at the prospect of the gun not being finished so I grabbed some white styrene sheets I have in various thicknesses and cut a thin strip to act as a spacer. It helped a lot. Not perfect though as I'd like a truly tight fit before using the included set screw, so I'll give it another go later today.

I had to hammer my front sight in with a mallet! The stuff I use came in a plastic pouch with 25 sheets, they are much easier to work with since they are flat and not in spools. If it is too thick, you can dremel sand it down to the right thickness. Good luck with your build, I hope you post pictures!

-Vu

Update #1. This evening I installed the Vickers Enhanced Slide Release into my KSC G17. The install was okay. The harder part was taking the Glock apart. I'm much more familiar with TM G17's than I am with KSC G17's, so I had to look up a couple disassembly videos on youTube which helped a lot. Once I figured that out, all that was needed for the install was to enlarge the hole in the Vickers Slide Release. Not too hard. The function of the slide release is just as reliable as the OEM. And it looks bad *albatross*!

Update #2. The Vickers base pads also arrived. They are not compatible with any airsoft Glock that I had on hand (KSC/KWA/TM/WE/HK3P). Curious if Madbull will come out with a TM/WE compatible version since they have the Vickers airsoft license.

*sad face* Oh well.

Took some quick pics with my phone last night after installing the Vickers Slide Release:

kscg1701sm.jpg

kscg1702sm.jpg

Waiting on the Vickers Mag Release to come in. Gonna install a Vickers Slide Release on one of my ATPs as well.

Thanks! The stippling on this Glock was actually my first attempt on a polymer frame. I've done over a dozen frames since and the end result looks and feels far better than the one depicted here.

So, I like this slide release a lot more than the GunsModify type ones since I find those are easier to accidentally engage when shooting the gun. This slide release is extended outwards just enough that it's easier to disengage but not so easy as to prematurely engage it mid-mag.

Received the Vickers enhanced magazine release. It was a perfect drop in fit into the KSC G17. Doesn't look any different than the OEM mag release, but it sticks out just a little bit further making it easier to release without having to break your grip and also not so extended as to prematurely release the mag before you want to. I'm about done with the mods. Quite pleased so far. I'm curious to see if the RS slide release and mag release will work in a TM Glock.

Here's a pic of the RS 10-8 sights installed in the KSC Glock:

kscg1703sm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, Glock rear sights also work in the KWA ATP (but need to be shimmed like KSC/KWA Glocks).

10-8 Performance Rear Sights:

atp108sidesm.jpg

Also, while the KWA ATP won't take a Glock front sight (since ATP's use a dovetail for the front sight) it will accept real M&P front sights. You might have to super glue it in place though since there's no set screw for the front sight and the channel is *slightly* too wide (like the rear). I have chosen to leave the front sight alone since it was mostly the rear OEM sight that bugged me.

• 3 months later...

Scuffer, in RS, the 2-pin Glocks were the models prior to the Gen 3 Glocks. Glocks that were Gen 3 and beyond were all 3-pin models. AFAIK, the KWA Glock 17 was patterned after the Gen 3 glock, so that 3-pin Extended Slide Release you're looking at should fit the bill. That said, you may be able to save yourself a bit of coin and get the 2 pin version and grind off that small extended vertical part specific to the 2 pin slide release as the two versions look very close, but no guarantees.

Regardless, you're going to have to widen that pivot hole to match the KWA/KSC one.

Cheers for that mate, was hoping you or somebody else with both RS and airsoft experience (and having combined RS parts with airsoft) would be along to help me out.

For the sake of a few quid and the effort of grinding the fin off I'll get the 3 pin version. I read about widening the pivot hole in the above posts in this thread, is it simply a case of widening the hole by a few mm?

While I've got you, any suggestions/knowledge on which grip extensions/adapters fit KWA and any brand suggestions?

It's a pretty significant widening of the hole and the thinnest edge of the hole gets pretty thin, but since it's hardened steel it is still more than strong enough for our needs. I just use a dremel with a tappered chainsaw sharpening attachment. I gradually push the dremel bit in and widen the hole. It'll chew up the grinding stone a bit but it's a little easier than gradually using drill bits against hardened steel. I then take a small round file and clean up the edges. You use the original slide release lever's hole and pin to judge how much to take off. Not too hard and pretty self explanatory when you have the KWA and RS parts in hand for comparison. You'll also want to do a function check once you've got the hole drilled. The part of the lever that is engaged by the magazine follower may need to be filed ever so slightly to ensure there's no binding. It varies.

Not sure about grip extensions and adapters. I would inquire about that in the Glock pic thread.

Archived