KAC URX III Replicas from Dytac

TheFull9

Huh, I forgot to update, didn't I? :P

Anyway, didn't get a chance to fondle the gun as ehobby staff were busy today (where are all these people coming from at 4 in the afternoon? They aren't school or uni kids that's for sure....don't people get off work at 5 or 6pm?) But the finish is kinda like the CA painted bodies....probably feels tacky, and it's just meh.

The URX though....I looked at it again and it has ENGRAVED trades. Not LASERED, but ENGRAVED. So it's still a 'decent' replica in MC only because IIRC the 5KU ones are super *suitcase*.

If the internals are decent I can see it being a very good starter gun actually....as long as the price isn't friggin ridiculous. A few HKD 2xx under G&P and King Arms average prices would be nice, but I've got a feeling the DYTAC stuff will be sold at a premium.....their American Defense mounts were, and they were meh too >__> Oh well, time will tell :P

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I just saw the guns for preorder on WGC Shop and did a little research. I wanted a URX 3.1 for my KWA LM4 build but hate the idea of having to buy the proprietary barrel nut wrench if I need to do inner barrel or hop up work. If Dytac comes out with this and hopefully the wrench, this would be pretty sick. Plus I'm trying to replicate another gun build that I have currently in the works.

Edit: I saw the barrel nut wrench.

Actually I see some major issue with Dytac and their products.

They pretend to be hi-end part manufacturer, and at the same time as CKinnerley said, their stuff is NOT that great.

After all of their accesories I've seen, Costa AR seem to be nicely overpriced.

I knew the prices are gonna be ripoff-ish, but USD 537? HAHAHAHA :rolleyes: I can buy an Avalon BCM 16" carbine and still have enough money to go crazy on upgrading the ###### outta them. Sure, no one else makes the same kind of gun that DYTAC makes but that doesn't mean we can't judge them by what they look and feel like and say that they aren't WAY overpriced >__>

But to the guys planning to get the URX III only, given that their ripping people off on the guns, don't you think they'll be ripping people off with their rails too? Again, no one else makes a replica of the URX III and going by the quality of the sample I saw you're not getting VFC quality but you're paying Avalon's prices...

At least the barrel nut wrench is cheap. I ordered one from Tokyo Model Company yesterday and hopefully it is in stock and shipping soon.

The stupid/impulsive side of me didn't want to deal with the wait and possible lesser quality of a URX 3.1 replica. I ended up ordering a KAC URX 3.1 for my KWA LM4 build. If the Dytac wrench fits on the KAC URX barrel nut as advertised, then I am golden and will be using it for my LM4. Stock specs for barrel nut torque is 50-55ft lbs, but for airsoft use all I need is a little extra crank past snug.

Edit: Getting back on topic. Yeah, $537 is ridiculous. It is definitely price inflation due to public interests. If they mark up the price that much for the complete gun, then I would expect them to do the same for the rail systems. Then again, it is only my predictions. We will all have to wait and see.

Does the 5KU ones can be installed on PTW uppers? What barrel nut we need?

Thank you Dytac for making me waiting for nothing now with all your high quality prices.

P.S. Why I have that feeling that they wont release the rails, but only with the gun set in complete rifle? :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They're still making the rails. They're just shifting production to new products. But they're still making rails.

I've held the DYTac and 5KU rails and the quality seemed better in the DYTac rails. They felt like my real ones at least.

• 6 months later...

Anybody got their hands on the G&P URX 3? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-urx-iii-kit-medium-long-type-a.html#.UqzfCWRDvrU

uscmCorps can you comment on which rail (5KU vs Dytac) is heavier? Even better if you can actually weigh them..! (Trying to figure out how much the G&P weighs but all the sites seem to list the package weight which is pretty heavy (~26oz)

Archived