RA Tech Kimber Stainless II sample footage

NonEx

As I suspected. The RA Kimber Royal II was pulled from production to make room in the assembly line for the stainless version. Kind of mweh IMO, at least for me. "Same model"* in stainless doesn't appeal to me much, but still cool. Also, I really dislike that the outer barrel and slide lugs don't interact/lock on my Kimber Royal II, I really miss that last *click/klack* that those parts make when they interlock when releasing the slide. I doubt this model will be different (certainly sounds the same, ie. missing the final click/clack sound). Guess steel on steel interlocking is kind of a challenge to get to work properly.

Sample video on Facebook only so far;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=515094631836070

* RA Tech Kimber Stainless II has curved mainspring housing and non-ambi safety, untlike the Royal II. All I could see from that video that differ, besides the finish. Maybe the parts are also the proper shapes and styles now, ie. true to the RS Kimber, if they make all the parts "themselves".

Oh and I also think this will be "all steel", externally, as the hammer, thumb safety, grip safety and mainspring housing are now stainless, they showed these off before in another video and I think those are the parts I am waiting for for my Royal II that they said they would send. Might also mean a higher price tag for it. They were suppsedly going to release these (hammer, grip safety and mainspring housing) in black as an "upgrade kit" for the Kimber Royal, we shall see if that ever happens.

So, if you missed out on the Royal II, get your bank account ready!

You are right, I had forgot about that ugly KJW MEU trigger since I replaced mine, but it is also different.

Well if all the parts are steel and what I had to pay for my RA Kimber Royal II to get it full steel I would say around or slightly above the 1K USD mark, but that's just a guess. I paid 850 USD for my Kimber plus 400 USD for the extra parts, but hopefully RA can keep the cost down a bit if they make it themselves so.

www.airsofttaiwan.com is the official reseller of RA Tech products, and AirsoftTaiwan and RA Tech have recently merged so they are basically the same. They also give good prices if you order directly from them, at least I got like 30% off of my KJW 10/22 bits from them!

Volante, I would almost bet that it is the same issue I had on my Royal II, with the spring and grip safety interfering with the mechanism... Looks about right.

What the hell, instant RA fail. Their MSH is curved. RS is flat.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/stainless-ii

I'm going to guess it's about the same price as the Kimber ii, since they have already done a steel 1911 once, it's much easier for them to make another set, and with stainless they won't really have to finish it unlike the previous blued steel royal ii, but as NonEx pointed out, it's going to be full of detail failures.. for the record though, I never had the grip safety issue, I do have another complete failure, my front sight is loose as fluff, I have to drill a hole and stick a short grub screw from underneath to secure it.

Ra-tech have just presented new Stainles II model for $1084. And again looks non authentic for a bunch of cash! They decided to leave Kimber logo - interesting if it's not licensed why it is $200 more expensive?

NOTE: Above post taken from my RA Tech Kimber Royal II review thread

Mweh. More expensive, still has wrong parts and styles. Curved MSH, come on! Wrong magazine release pattern etc etc... No way. Stupid RA Tech. At least it would appear it is all steel this time, but...

• 1 month later...

Archived