Scammed by PTW Airsoft.

Eldelbar

I registered because I did not know about this forum and I find it very interesting. But mainly to warn of PTW Airsoft Store.

http://www.ptwairsoft.com/

I bought an upper receiver more than month ago. Six days later I received an email from Keith reported that they did not have the upper in stock. He gave me option to send an upper with laser logo I wanted. Then nothing more. No upper receiver, no refund money, and does not respond to emails. I sent several emails asking for news, and finally asking for money back. After that I searching for information about this store and found this:

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8740&p=78064

And from that thread I found this forum.

I hope this will help other people not getting cheated by this store.

PS: Sorry for my poor english. I hope it's not too hard to understand what I wrote.

I have no luck. I have paid by bank transfer. I should have looked for information about this store before buying. But I could not find another store that had the upper. I assumed it was a good store.

Another topic about this store:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/199540-ptwairsoftcouk-no-response/page__p__2489653__hl__ptwairsoft__fromsearch__1#entry2489653

Regards :)

Two also got burned from dealing with him.

First a teammate ordered some Pmag shells and recieved them no problem - he even provided some feedback on installing them and Keith even wrote him he'll send a free shell as a gratitude for the feedback (never happened) but next when two other friends ordered uppers for their PTWs he nevered shipped them did not reply to their emails and I don't think they got their money back aswell.

If it was me again and I did not get a resolution by myself (fortunatly I did), I would contact your local, or his local police and file a complaint and ask them to look into it, just to make it clear he can't get away with that *suitcase*...

Someone must have a from address or return adress to him.

I got burnt by that twat Keith Brown at PTWairsoft.com as well. I phoned him up and told him that he would sort it out ASAP as I would either 1: contact trading standards before hauling his *albartroth* to the small claims court or 2: Well, im not going to go into it, but it would have involved a road trip - and me bringing some large friends along with me.

Anyways, I got my money back.

If you want to chase him, here are some more details:

Keith Brown

51 Wolsey Croft

Sherburn in Elmet

Leeds

North Yorkshire

LS25 6DR

And his home phone number:

01977 683051

Trading Standards in Leeds can be contacted at: http://www.ts.wyjs.org.uk/

*NB. He also runs www.airsoftengraver.com, so avoid them like the plague as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Finally I have the upper receiver. Keith finally contacted me, after sending one last email with a link to this thread.

The upper receiver came without all parts (Forward Assist, Forward Assist Spring, ...), but is better than nothing.

Thanks for the help. Without this thread maybe I would have not got my upper.

I do not recommend anyone to buy in ptwairsoft.
  • 2 weeks later...

As a thought to add to this, especially as it has been pointed out that this guy runs more than one shady business, does any one know of a thread where people have consolidated a comprehensive list of bad traders/retailers to avoid, if so could someone send me a link, it'd be nice to know who to avoid, alternatively, one for highly recommended traders/retailers would also be appreciated.

It is reassuring to see members of the community sticking together and offering sound advice and support

There is already a list for that ToaDi, however I believe it only becomes available once you reach 100 posts and you gain access at the same time as the sales threads. The main dodgy gits seem to be discussed here in General though.

Is that a list for online stores, or traders on here, either way it's a little disappointing you can't get warning about these people until after 100 posts

Archived