Shotguns

cavapanther

We had a bit of a shotty day today,  i joined the shotty club few weeks back

Nearly everything in play shotty wise was a DE Tri-shot,  a handfull of sawn off single shot pumps,  which like the tri-shots with carefull pump action can fire more than intended with one shot.

As you do when you get a new toy,  first thing i did was pull it apart,  270fps stock,  room for improvement,  now running at 317fps@.20 and good out to 40m,  closer you get the better it is,  but can hit out to 40m  thats without shimming the hop rubbers,  and i suspect there is some more FPS leaking out so some gains can be had if your happy to dive in,  root about and maybe tweek some things.

Spread can be altered a bit,  fps can be upped a bit,  lack of tune up parts,  cheap,  excellent fun.

Quite sure the player i de-nutted at 10feet and the few that got blasted closer (before they laced me on auto AEGs) would have prefered a single shot type.

Siding with HS,  had others confirm that a close range tri-shot burst at 270fps+ is very noticeable indeed.

Take down on the DE M56 appears to be exactly the same as the TM M3 guide i followed.

DE cheap quality fun that can punch above it's weight.

TM it's a TM,  better built.

Like with pistols,  players see you with a shotty and assume short range only,  they don't like being shott-gunned around 40m away.

For cheapo starter fun,  try out a DE M56.

Did look into a M1100 Revision,  novelty wore off real fast,  limited gas mag,  fast wearing parts, shells wear out,  one i tried half the shells had domed out bases and jammed.

Gas is way more fun,  but more work,  shell ejecting is ace,  if you can work with it.

Gloomy damp cold UK,  go DE,  hot sunny USA (unless your in a cold bit) and have the cash,  go gas !

I actually find the tri-shot a more practical. The center barrel is always on target unlike the scatter of the m500. Better range than the m500 ,more reliable, less maintainance, no gas, easier reloads. I actually ended up fitting the current m500 with a hop ,knocked it down to 3 rnds and made it run off tri-shot shells so its much more of a tri-shot type of performance. The good thing I find about it is at 10m you have a close grouping and folk rely notice the hits compared to a single shot.

You made a trishot take TM shells? How? I'm guessing the shells go in backwards and the feeding system is unchanged? Sounds very interesting dude, I have a clone M500 and the two things it could do with are a hop and faster reloads!

As said before I'm a bit of a bodgeneer so I can't realy give you a blow by blow how to. Basically I drilled the feed and added a tube to enguage with the shell.

P1000448_zps579b5d44.jpg

P1000447_zpse09b3140.jpg

The hop I just cut the barrel window put an o-ring round the barrel sitting in the window then wrapped it in tape.

This is a fun one too.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DUu1OF3r7V0

As said before I'm a bit of a bodgeneer so I can't realy give you a blow by blow how to. Basically I drilled the feed and added a tube to enguage with the shell.

The hop I just cut the barrel window put an o-ring round the barrel sitting in the window then wrapped it in tape.

This is a fun one too.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DUu1OF3r7V0

Oh I see, so there are two trishot shells glued back-to-back which you shove down the magazine tube then put the end cap on as normal but it has a spring to keep the shells feeding? Simple and workable, I like it!

On the hop front, I was going to do something similar but then I realised that on the M500 the barrel is screwed in as part of the assembly process and the hop would never be in the same place! How do you get around that?

Trishots get a lot more practical when you have a high cap. 100 shots (300 bb's) is very nice. :)

I used a TM M4 lower to make my M3 take STANAG magazines shared with my SA80 and teamates M4s.... but I went back to shells because I never needed more than 10 shots at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want big bang for small buck, try the clone m870's, for less then 100 you get nice fps thats easy to upgrade, some improved internals over the original and FULL METAL

Downsides: wont take real stocks, one round at a time.

My workhorse is a beefed up Maruzen CA870 with Speedfeed stock and G&P metals. Internals mostly CNC'd steel with TM-style barrel and hopup / Rhop conversion.

Cost a small fortune but damn its good. For someone who wants skirmishing practicality its friggin awasome and with its accuracy, ROF and fps i can go toe-to-toe with AEGs anywhere anytime and look cool doing it.

Clone 870 mags recommended, they are metal, unlike originals from Maruzen.

Collecting shells is a no no and since i live in winter country gas has limited usage too.

PS: working on an AEG Saiga 12K mod atm. Set to feed 4 rounds each cycle. Gearbox runs, not smooth but runs. Externals need work.

No need to open a new topic for my questions so I figured I'd post it here:

The G&P M870's, do they shoot 370 FPS (.20) as indicated? Also, would it be difficult to downgrade it? Limit here in Belgium is 350 and been looking around for a new shotgun platform:

shg010.jpg

Archived