Which airsoft Glock frame is the most "RS" like in materials and feel?

NonEx

So, this question, or opinions there of, has been bubbling up in various Glock related threads for some time. Not necessarily the question of which airsoft Glock frame is more realistic, but which one is preferred. I think the guys who I have ran into regarding this knows who they are :)

No bashing or "calling out" intended, this is to satisfy my own curiousity on the subject.

So, to the people out there who have first hand experience with RS Glocks, and a variety of the airsoft Glocks...

Which frame has the most realistic looking and feeling frame ? (lets limit this primarily to GEN3 style frames)

Here are the nominees, as far as I know;

• WE
  • HK (WE)
  • Tokyo Marui
  • KSC Japan
  • KSC Taiwan
  • KWA
  • Stark/VFC
  • HFC
  • Army
  • Marushin
  • Guarder
  • KJW
  • ProArms
  • KWC

I think those are the main ones out there.

Now I have no first hand experience with a real Glock of any sorts, but I have experience with a KSC Taiwan Glock 19 GEN3, Tokyo Marui Glock 17 GEN3, Marushing Glock 21, Guarder Glock 17 GEN3 frame and now lately the HK Glock 17 GEN3.

From my perception of the RS Glock from videos, pictures and written information, I would rank them in the following order;

• HK (WE?, if same)
  • Guarder
  • Marushin (or maybe above Guarder, memory fails me ATM)
  • TM
  • KSC

Again, not trying to call anyone out, but in my mind the metalic and cool-to-the touch feel of the KSC is not realistic, I don't believe the polymer of the RS Glocks have any metal material in them ? It was just a way for KSC to add a little bit of heft and durability to the pistol ?

The HK/WE frame is very matte and polymer like in both feel and appearance, seam lines look decently close to RS style.

The Guarder one is decent, but it feels more plasticy than the HK/WE, and it also has a horrible mold line around the grip insert on the left hand side (possibly right as well ?) which I don't think the real one has.

Marushin, my memory is a little foggy on this one but I believe I found it to be pretty nice actually, somwhere just in between the HK/WE and Guarder material, in terma of material feel. I think the actual shapes and features of this one is not as accurate as the others.

The TM, decent all around but way to plasticy and ABS feeling.

KSC, too metal-ish to the feel, too glossy, color shifts under different lighting conditions.

Personal preferense places them in the same order, disregarding which I percieve as more RS like.

So.

Please let me know so I can get some sleep ! :)

WE's polymer is more like the stuff Magpul uses and is very much like how my friends HS 2000 (same as Springfield XDM) felt like when he offered me to shoot it at a range a while back. Having also handled his gen 4 Glock 19, but not shot it, I found it to be more plasticky than it looked. Looks wise it's like how WE does it with their matte finish, but it isn't solid sounding if you rap on it and feels very much like Marui ABS.

I have to say the RS Glock doesn't feel that different to the touch compare to the airsoft stuff....its plastic...The HW KSC stuff feels nicer, but if its supposed to emulate RS its probably not quite like the real thing. Guarder feels a bit better than TM in the texture, but I really don't know how different it is to RS without handling them side by side...

I've shot quite a few glocks over the past couple of summers. I was definitely surprised with how plasticky the frame is, Was not very matte at all. While not exactly the same, it was definitely similar to that of the TM 18C. That said, the glocks I handled were a subcompact, a custom 17, and some kind of competition custom 34. So very likely that modification was done to the frame, or even the original frames were swapped out.

I'm limited to only to having experiences with TM, Guarder, & HK3/WE G17/G18C frames

First myth to debunk is that TM frames don't even come close to a RS Glock polymer frame.

I think it comes down to what people perceive as to their overall opinion of a particular AS brand. The WE/HK3s are very close; I have handed my HK3s to professionals who own/carry a G21 & they say that other than the lighter weigh, action, & controls, the pistol looks and feels like the real deal. Of course there will be a difference because no matter how much work WE/HK3 puts into the manufacturing process of their lower frames, it will never be a true polymer like the RS GLOCKs.  This same statement will apply pretty much for all of WE/HK3s line of "polymer" framed pistols. Just like different RS manufacturers use different polymer formulations. 

It also comes down to peoples negative views of a particular brand. The haters are going to be in denial period regardless of how a particular manufacturer tries to improve their product. The people who know me also know i have no bias and will own multiples of every platform as I damn well please. So to answer NonEx's query; HK3/WE > Guarder > TM. I beleive that there are some on here that also prefer the quality, feel, and texture of HK3 frames over the Guarder.

Now IMHO, in comparisson to the other brands, I would not be surprised if TM is in the bottom of the pile.

On the same note, my personal experiences being "older & wiser" along with the fact that I have "been there & done that", Made in Japan doesn't mean jack *suitcase*. ;)

Nuff said...                                                                                            

The WE/HK3s are very close

By looks, but the real gen 4 I handled flexes a whole lot more hence my comparing it to ABS.

edit:

Just to add, some peoples opinions may differ and lean towards TMs shiny ABS for looks too if their experience with a real Glock is of an older and well worn generation. Club guns and range rentals for example can often get shiny from being (excessively) cleaned all the time and soaked in WD40/Ballistol.

I knew rvlyssup would have something good to say in this thread :D

I am satisfied now but I wouldn't mind a second opinion from someone experienced.

As for flex, well... That's a minor thing really.

EDIT: rvlssuyup ssuyplv ?!? god dangit, nickname from hell !

For me the stark glock is the most realastic with its second body pin and frame material but the plastic guide rod, crappy sites and the badly molded mag catch ruin this gun for me plus the frame marks easly, ksc g19 frame I know is less realistic but is mile better in the durability and quailty.

Archived