One gun to rule them all.......

Inq Eisenhorn

So, you've lost count of the amount of "What's the best gun" or "what's your favourite gun" type threads.....and to be honest, this is similar but with a twist.

So, the scenario: Airsoft ownership is now heavily regulated and controlled in your country, to the extent that you're allowed literally one primary and one backup. Mags and sundries are no problem, but conversion parts are now very illegal, so in essence what you buy, is what you got, end of story.

Right, so, tell me what off the shelf rifles / pistols you're gonna buy, remember, they can't be upgraded, so WYSWYG. Also, tell me why you're buying that gun, have you found the holy grail of airsoft or are you just plain mad. :)

Let the games begin.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thinking is above all my choices have to be versatile. I need to be able to use them in all weathers, all scenarios - everything. That discounts gas-in-mag GBBrs (my favourite platforms) because they just aren't reliable enough at the moment, especially in inclement weather. It discounts extremely heavy or long weapons (too unwieldy for CQB) and bolt-actions and semi-automatics (too restrictive for woodland). I'd consider a Polar Star for their extreme versatility, tunability and reliability but they don't have recoil (something I don't want to do without). The Daytonagun system doesn't come preinstalled in any off-the-shelf gun, at least as far as I know, plus I can get recoil from an EBB without my gun having to be attached to me with a lead. So, my choices are:

• Tokyo Marui HK416D: No doubt about it, this out of the box the best recoil AEG around. I'd have this over the other Recoil Shock guns for its ambidextrous selector and the included LiPo adatper. The only primary with the flexibility to succeed at CQB, woodland, MOUT - close and intermediate range, where most shooting occurs - is an assault rifle. The HK416 is a modern design with plenty of rail space for whatever I need and it has the all-important Marui accuracy. However, if it comes out in time, my choice will be what I reckon will be the ultimate recoil AEG in terms of construction and performance - the EBB RealSword Colt M4A1.
  • Airsoft Surgeon Infinity Carry Pistol: This has all the upgrades I want installed as factory, including a steel chassis for weight, aluminium slide, grips and barrel for ruggedness, and all the internal upgrades. The Hi-Capa platform is renowned for its reliability and its big gas reservoir; high quality magazines are available from ProWin and I expect CO2 versions to arrive eventually. It's a flexible weapon in that with a C-More or Trijicon RMR I could use it as a racegun, and enhance its performance as a secondary and as a primary in pistol-only matches.

WE XDm, or a TM XDm if metal slides can still be bought, XDm is by far the nicest pistol I've ever used, ergonomically that is

some gas rifle for primary, doesnt matter I'll rarely use it, just no sewing machines, If I had to choose, it'd be a WE M14

TM 416 + G17.  There's probably slightly more accurate/longer ranging electric guns but if you can't do any upgrades then those are going to be what I'd go with OOTB.

Unless it's a case of it being an extremely long/difficult process to replace parts when the guns eventually have issues, in which case it'd be a real sword Type 56 for the primary.  Watched some Scandinavian girl on YouTube doing a torture test one one of those a while back and I don't reckon there's a tougher airsoft gun in existence.

mate, that sounds awfully like the situation in spain... :lol: not so restricted, but having a lot of guns is a PITA and I have made myself the same question.

If I had to use only a gun, it would probably be an ICS M4 lower with several uppers and a KJW 1911 CO2 version as a backup. Its an affordable duo which can be upgraded and with plenty of spares to improve performance.

It is always difficult to narrow it down beyond a certain point, or at least it is for me. I am interested in airsoft for a multitude of reasons, and skirmishing is only but a part of it. There is also plinking/target shooting, the collection aspect, and customising/personalising and as such it makes it quite difficult. If I was to look at it from a purely practical point of view, I would go with the TM HK 416D Recoil series and a TM Beretta M9A1; being in Ireland I'm limited to <1j just the same as Japan, so the out of the box performance is literally perfect.

However, if I was to look at from the plinking side of things, it'd be a different kettle of fish altogether; TM MP7A1 GBB and Inokatsu 1911 - both of which are easily the most fun guns to shoot. The Inokatsu 1911 is sublime - looks fantastic, shoots excellently and actually has something close to recoil. The MP7 on the other hand is laser-accurate, great feedback/recoil and just incredible fun...especially on full auto with a tracer unit!

The collector in me would give it to the TopTech/G&G SIG 552 and the KSC Beretta M9; the full steel receiver of the SIG 552 is incredible, and the colouring of the furniture really adds to the overall appeal of the gun. Lockable bolt with strong spring means hitting the release gives a very satisfying and resounding 'clank' - lackluster rate of fire can be forgiven. The KSC M9 on the other hand is spot on for weight distribution which puts it over the TM M9A1 as far as look and feel goes, not to mention the complete lack of magazine rattle! Functioning decocker is a lovely touch, and adds to the authenticity of it. Given that my favourite pistol growing up was the Beretta M9, and favourite rifle in CS was the Krieg Commando...is it any surprise? :P:D

Just depends on what aspect I find more appealing at the time!

well, to be honest, if my government started regulating what toy guns I can and can't have, I would just be a criminal, cause they can go to hell, I'm keeping all my guns

Been there done that.

My question is:  How much internal work can be done to make it worth while?  Totally stock, or some mods allowed?

Loving the attitude there...

well I don't mean Ill start going out and shooting ppl or something, I just mean id be deemed one, cause I wouldn't start registering or turning in my guns, they have no right

well I don't mean Ill start going out and shooting ppl or something, I just mean id be deemed one, cause I wouldn't start registering or turning in my guns, they have no right

I can understand why a government wants to restrict access to real guns as they have potential to cause harm, and as a tool to bypass the proper social/legal regulatory processes which govern the growth and decay of society.

But as soon as they restrict access to toys, or arbitrarily set criteria on what is considered a weapon, then there is something either fundamentally wrong with the country, or the lawmakers are clueless fear driven tw4ts, or both. 

But thats not really the discussion for here.

Off the shelf:  For the modern look, the newer Marui M4 SOPMOD/HK416 looks to be the solid multi-role platform to go with.  Otherwise the Marui AK74MN seems to also be a good contender, but these offerings, even though they are well build, shoots fantastic, they are too low powered and unsuitable for countries with less FPS restrictions.

For the classic look, the Marui Thompson with 20rnd mags.  Accurate, solidly built, and tough as war machines.

For a gas rifle, it would be the old Tanaka KAR98K. 

For a Modern pistol, it would be a Marui M9A1 even though the KSC M9 is higher power, the marui would be more accurate without mods.

For a classic pistol, it would be a Maruzen P38. 

Guys, guys, guys....the govt. Thing was just a scenario plot line to give the question a context.

I see the TM HK416 getting some love. Have they been released in the UK yet? I also notice a lot of places selling the TM SOPMOD with no trades, anyone have any idea what's going on?

Archived