Resi Evil/Biohazard weapons/loadouts

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Leadmill - Loving the B.S.A.A. loadout! 2 questions though:

> What is that plate carrier? It looks particularly cool...

> Isn't that a HFC M190? Whatever it is, it certainly looks the part - though the railed frame, black barrel & spring guide give it away a little... Saying that, if they're metal then you could always polish them up to make them look even more true to the game.

> Would you mind enlightening me on the second image? It may just be me being particularly dense, but I don't get it...

@Leadmill - Loving the B.S.A.A. loadout! 2 questions though:

> What is that plate carrier? It looks particularly cool...

> Isn't that a HFC M190? Whatever it is, it certainly looks the part - though the railed frame, black barrel & spring guide give it away a little... Saying that, if they're metal then you could always polish them up to make them look even more true to the game.

> Would you mind enlightening me on the second image? It may just be me being particularly dense, but I don't get it...

Cheers guys! :)

The plate carrier is I think a Condor CIRAS.

Yeah it's an HFC M190, I couldn't find the right laser unit for the MP5 so the pistol was a backup :)

Top Spin has it right, it is Hunks Alternate from Mercs 3D. Sycthe is made from wood and air/drybrushed. However the connecting neck to the staff section is metal.

something like this if your on a budget,for the molle vest, the top one http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/bltmb4nx.html

The pack is just a molle hydration pouch with a box in it, would be very easy to mock up, from the same place,again, top one http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/blthp1nx.html

again, these would suffice for knee pads, http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/blpkp1nx.html

and this for a holster, http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtph5nx.html

all those for a real cheap effect.

I dont work for flectarn, just the first place i came up with, however i have used them before, quite reputable i think.

all for under a £100.

Depends on your branch?

For example, if your doing BSAA North America for example then why dont you just switch the guns to say...M4A1 instead of the SIG.

I can imagne they have varying colours of flight suits for the various environments. Though, Maybe try to avoid camoflage, I doubt the BSAA would lilke to be mistaken as soldiers. Though they pretty much are?

Surely, the BSAA North America branch basically kit themselves out like Chris does in the Lost in the Nightmares DLC:

Chris_Lost_in_nightmares.jpg

Take from this image what you will - I found it particularly useful to help me draw up a quick shopping list. In terms of gear; you're looking at a Beretta M92F (as seen above) and either a H&K MP5A5 (RE5 style) or a Colt M4A1 with an Eotech I'd imagine... All equipped with laser sights of course!

For the BSAA i would say use a set of BDU's in an appropriate colour (tan in Africa, grey for urban USA, Green for European woods etc) then make sure you have a matching patch, vest or chest rig and something 5.56mm or 9mm and quite common like a MP5, M4, SG55X or even at a push an AK variant. As for the sidearm then a M92F, P226 or USP would be perfect, only Jill uses the Px4 but could also be a possibility.

I suppose it is like the UBCS so long as you have the basics right you can tailor the rest as while they are a unit they are like STARS, they have no 100% set uniform, just the basics and then pick the rest yourself, just use a common gun and a vest or chest rig you can logically get.

'FireKnife'

I was thinking a grey type uniform, or OD since I could get some cryes for it (I'm a gear ###### lol). I had thought about doing a MP7 but figured I could roll with a MP5 instead, more in spirit of RE. I've always wondered why that chose to put AR mag pouches on Chris for that, since they only equipped themselves with pistols to begin with.

I was thinking of a CIRAS or similar carrier in RG or OD.

The chest rig is a bit odd but i think that to save time they simply just took one of the BSAA characters and mocked them up as Chris, keeping the vest and they slighter frame. Plus you can equip a MP5 which the chest rig could be used for.

A MP5 would be perfect for a BSAA loadout, maybe as a role that would require a lighter weapon such as group medic, communications or driver / vehicle operator.

'FireKnife'

I never really get BSAA weapons. Technically, they could be percieved as 'BoW hunters'. Of course, their roles would vary so incredibly from politics, to capturing terrorists who plan to use Bio weapons, infiltrating certain chemical manufacturers. But, They would/should always be prepared for contact against Bio Organic weapons.

So, Where the hell are the heavy weapons? .50AE Pistols rather than 9mm, 40mm tubes on their Assault Rifles. Shotguns galore, HE and Incendiary shells and cartriges...No? Just seems odd they tend to be equipped with 9mm pistols and basic SIG rifles. Not forgetting an axe.

I must admit the lack of a 40mm doesn't make that much sense, as for the loadouts of Chris and Sheva they were only meant to be part of a force to go in, extract a mad scientist and leave, they never planned on the enemy contact. Same as with Lost in Nightmares, they were simply on a routine investigation, who knew Spencer would have those 'Guardians'.

Though saying that with big weapons you can't miss the GE134 and the weird PKM hybrid chugging around on the BSAA HMMWV's?

That is the same as saying that the UBCS and the USS were going to encounter BOWs so why does Carlos and co have M4A1s and HUNK and his posse have TMPs or MP5s? In the case of the UBCS it would be a case of carrying them in a chopper insertion and really the USS are meant to be low profile but they will still encounter the same, if not worse BOWs as anyone else in the series.

'FireKnife'

Carlos and Co were sent in to make Umbrella look like they were trying to help, besides, Would a security force be allowed big guns?

UN peacekeeping and rescue forces can request the use of heavier kit if needed so yes :P But at the end of the day the UBCS were actually meant to be massacred for Umbrellas testing purposes and to look like they care, much easier to only give them light weapons so they do lose.

As for LAW launchers the BSAA agents like Chris and Sheva are meant to travel light and support the main teams, in terms of heavy weapons the air support helos that they had were outfitted with launchers and RPG's. Essentially they have the kit if they need it or they don't have it if it is too heavy. Plus you have to remember that it is a game and to give the main characters would unbalance the whole thing :P

'FireKnife'

Aye, the UBCS were being used to gather battle test information on the BOW's. That's why Nikolai runs round killing people, because he knows that if he has the only copy of the BOW performance data, Umbrella wont just kill him when the mission is over, because they want that data.

And Fireknife is spot on, if game devs kitted out people from the off it wouldn't be much fun. Well they would, but the game would loose challenge :)

I know that regarding balancing, and am also not talking about Chris and Sheva. Just saying it always seems rather daft the two BSAA North Africa teams (Plus all the clips of BSAA Operatives from the up and coming Revelations) were not better equiped. (Or atleast even shown evidence of heaving anti BoW weaponary/ammunition in their vechicles)

Not that I am actually bothered, Just sayin...

Of course, but again it may just be what they can buy / be issued with / have the room for / what the op demands. I see what you mean but really it is probably a limited funds group that really has to make do with what they have, plus maybe they don't expect such issues to arise, with the BSAA in RE5 being more of a 'bag and tag' style team that were meant to grab Irving and get out, just they got caught out and due to the lack of better kit massacred en masse.

That's why Nikolai runs round killing people, because he knows that if he has the only copy of the BOW performance data, Umbrella wont just kill him when the mission is over, because they want that data.

Actually he is a little more tactical than that, he awaits the other 'Watchdogs' to get the info for him then takes them all out, though quite how he survives with just his issue SP2009 is anyones guess. Personally i would like to do a UBCS loadout at some point but lack of money, lack of finding a giant Umbrella transfer and a decent SP2009 (or Sig Pro) not being available makes this difficult, plus i really don't want a M4A1 as my primary :P

'FireKnife'

I've got a SP2340 purely because I wanted a UBCS load out :) I found one on a second hand forum about a year ago. It's one of the old KSC ones, but at 20 meters its fairly accurate. Cant ask for more from a pistol really.

He survives coz he's hard. That's what I always put it down to anyway lol.

And I totally forgot about him knocking off the watchdogs after they collected the data for him. I need to read the books again, been too long since I last did.

Archived