Open offer to all TM recoil Scar-L Owners, measurements needed.

blobface

Hello, so my TM SCAR-L has successfully suffered breakage in its first game, the folding stock clip "SCAR-3" part has snapped off and disappeared from a rough landing. So here's my offer, I have relatively cheap CNC access and software to do 3D modeling due to work, but since acquiring a new part takes about 5 decades from TM, I'm wondering if someone would be able to send me a few images of this part with detail dimensions.

Untitled-2.jpg

Below is a Bolt-on gas block which I've 3D modelled and CNC'd for my GHK AK, just to show you I'm not messing around. 

20130327-205710.jpg

So here's my offer, if you are able to provide me good information on this part, I would make sure to make two, out of steel (or aluminium, no difference to me), one of which would then be sent to you free of charge as my way of thanking you, that original part's likely to snap if you bump into it accidentally, so it certainly can't hurt to upgrade it. :)

Let me know, thank you. 

• 2 months later...

20130714-130945.jpg

20130714-131158.jpg20130714-131233.jpg

For the 2 people who have read this thread, well, months have passed and I now got a 3D printer... so through trial and error I made up a piece for it that fits the original metal threaded insert, but now it means I can CNC some metal parts for when this breaks. Obviously I will spray it black for now. 

Archived