APS ACP CO2 mags in other brands glocks?

swatti

If im not mistaken the APS gun is internaly a copy of some other brand, TM? Anyway, if so, the magazines should fit some other brand guns. Will they? Their price is quite good too.

The whole idea was to get a G18c and have some CO2 fun. I dont mind upgrades.

Worth a try... If only someone could verify this. Clones these days are pretty one on one. Dont wanna shell out 600 camels and half my kingdom for the RA-tech mags as some say they dont work and some say they have fps as stable as Britney Spears's mental health.

Some OT yes but is there a TM G18c clone out yet? Hoping to cheap out on this too. I take it tm still has plastic slide? If so, anyone know a super-light metal one? On full-auto i prefer lightness over kick but stiffer hammer-spring may be needed and with such the CO2 will annihilate any plastic slide.

WE are knocking out the 18c, and you can also find the HK3P trademarked versions. I've owned the HK3P, and frankly it was fantastic. Keeping it to short bursts in fully automatic, the gun was easily capable of dumping a mag and a half at room temperature even with a metal slide.

Saying that, I believe the WE nozzle has a flat port for the gas, whereas TM and other models have a rounded gas port, same as the APS Co2 mag, so you may need to replace the nozzle to get the best gas efficiency. Nonex is the expert on TM/WE/Glock loading nozzles as well as having a good collection of HK3 Glocks it seems, hopefully he'll show up sooner or later..

I believe the difference between gen. 3 and 4 are only cosmetical on the HK3P. The Gen. 4 Glock has different backstraps that can be swapped around to slightly change the gripsize of the pistol.

Edit: IIRC the real steel Glock Gen. 4 uses a newer design on the magazines, to incorporate the new designed mag release button.

So, basicly buy the first one in stock.

Not that much to lose if i try this. Buy a HK3P G18c and truckload of APS mags, if they dont fit, sell the G18c and buy the ACP.

If im lucky they might release a full-auto ACP in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, gentlemen. We got a winner.

APS CO2 magazine

Fancy box.

aps01_zps11751409.jpg

Nice finish, good assembly. It just feels fine.

aps02_zps07ccd649.jpg

aps03_zps212e04c0.jpg

APS on the left, TM on the right.

aps04_zps904649c3.jpg

aps05_zpsc29d7f88.jpg

aps07_zps87cd877e.jpg

Only marking the magazine got is on the baseplate.

aps06_zps8eab1d9a.jpg

aps08_zps637ad655.jpg

aps11_zpscbccf0b0.jpg

aps12_zps139c0cbc.jpg

aps13_zpsaeb43289.jpg

aps14_zps697dd549.jpg

Will it fit a TM Glock? It does perfectly.

aps09_zps7528cefb.jpg

aps10_zps3a59bc83.jpg

It shoots, slide locks back without problems. This magazine is pretty much the same as a TM magazine. I chronoed it to 355-370 FPS.

Only issue I had with the magazine is that I had to sand off some paint from its inside, where the CO2 cartridge is seated. Otherwise the cartridge might get stuck.

And obviously recoil is now a problem. I have to look for a stronger slide and recoil springs because a Guarder 150% spring is not enough. Guns Modify's new reinforced frame is also a must have item.

Surprisingly the stock hammer spring and valve knocker is enough to open the valve.

That valve has me worried a bit. That white part gives me disturbing flashbacks from KJW mags that have nailon-based seals. The CO2 here is too "dirty" and will rip the seals eventully, or in 3-6 capsules. Replacements cost 12$ a pop and last just as long... Got NINE magazines reduced to paperweights.

That valve has me worried a bit. That white part gives me disturbing flashbacks from KJW mags that have nailon-based seals. The CO2 here is too "dirty" and will rip the seals eventully, or in 3-6 capsules. Replacements cost 12$ a pop and last just as long... Got NINE magazines reduced to paperweights.

this one uses a nylon to o'ring to nylon seal while the KJW uses a nylon to nylon seal that is subject to getting warped by debris. WEs use a nylon/green rubber washer seal with a filter covering the outlet port.

• 3 weeks later...

ONLY one thing matters, the valve. Rest is "kids stuff" but the valve, however, its also the easiest to bork. Pull out the valve and take a pic, i can tell you if its gonna last or not...

• 7 months later...

Archived