Madbull ACE Skeleton Stock

Katotaka

Disclaimer: Due to my weak search-fu on Arnies and Google, didn't get my answers so I decided to start a new thread here.

Recent days ( years? ) I mainly shoot GBB rifles , I love the look of competition styled AR15s and would like to build one, in fact I already did but I wanted to push it to a new level:

ACE Skeleton Stock

Being influenced by multiple media ( mainly Front Sight Magazine ) I am under the impression that competition themed gun must be equipped with that stock to be cool  :D .

Considering RS ACE stock is like unobtainium to me ( yay ITAR ) I'm now looking at Madbull one.

If one has handled PTS PRS or UBR stocks he could discover that both AEG and GBB version share most part of the stock and the only different part is the buffer tube connecting lower receiver and the stock itself.

I reckon the Madbull ACE stock uses the same structure ( coz I didn't handled one  :( ).

If that is the case what I'm thinking to do is obtain a A2 buffer tube > sleeve Madbull ACE stock over the tube > done!

Has anyone did the same or could anyone show me the structure of ACE stock full length model?

I built a gun for a customer using the carbine length version of the MB ACE stock just a couple days ago.  If the longer version is assembled the same way, then you shouldn't have any problems with your idea.  

The end plate/QD sling point attachment is attached to the buffer tube via set screw, and the stock itself is secured by the end plate by a detent that slots into the bottom.  The foam cheek rest is just a through-cylinder, so you'll have no problems sliding it on an A2 tube.  So everything you need should be swappable with a RS buffer tube.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Handled one of those stocks in a local store and I'm pretty sure it's do-able, with very little machining ( or just file the whole thing flat and bult another "dot" to fit into the lower )

already sourced an extra A2 buffer tube, just need a longer M5 screw from hardware store to secure the base pad to the buffer tube and I'm good to go

• 4 weeks later...

There's a little update if anyone cares:

It has been done as I planned to, went to the work place of a friend and machined the end plate / QD stuff flat, drilled & tapped to mount a little disc made from acrylic stick to fit into the lower receiver, sleeve everything on and boom!

It's done!  :D

Here's how I made it happen...

Machined little plate to fit into GBB lower to prevent rotation.

Note that my project gun is a WE M4 so a round plate is fine, WA or some other guns may need a "pill" shaped plate to fit.

IMG_4447_zpsb59e60ef.jpg

Base / QD thingy machined flat with plate/screw, before drill and tap.

IMG_4451_zpsf04a7e78.jpg

Put everything on......BOOM!

( Of coz except the battery tube from the stock, I sourced another WE A2 buffer tube from a local forum. Replaced a longer screw to secure base pad to the tube. )

IMG_4477_zps08d1a2af.jpg

IMG_4478_zps3f3193e8.jpg

No, not real NF and no, not real Larue, but yes real carbon fiber.

IMG_4473_zpsdb3025f7.jpg

White balance is off but I like the mood of different lights used.

IMG_4472_zps7ffd4c8e.jpg

Archived