Airsoft AA-12 - Seems interesting?

bankz5152

Hey Chaps,

New Airsoft AA-12 AEG. Seems interesting and a nice development in airsoft tech, however being an AEG it doesn't tickle my fancy. Just another sewing machine in a new shell.

Personally I would like to see one based off the TM M870 system -

6mm
Multi-Shot - 3 or 6
Basic Hop Unit
Gas - Either GIM or in the stock - Or both, one runs recoil other fires - CO2 would be nice because of zero cool down. FPS easily lowered using a regulator.
Recoil - Could be fed off the gas but independent to the actual firing mechanism - Similar to what WE is currently working on
Either takes shells but does not eject (like the TM Shotguns) or just feeds rounds in the normal way.
Drum mag :D - You can't have an AA12 without a drum mag!

What you guys think?

Josh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when it fires on the video it sounds more like a 3rnd burst than 3 shots from 3 barrels

That to me sounds like the noise from the mag rotating, as opposed to shots. If it is the shot noise, its a hell of a low ROF...

As for its looks...

It looks like someone did a poo on the floor, and then threw a drum mag on top of it to hide the smell :(

i wouldnt get all up in his case too much about it. its not like its a custom shop making it, it looks like its just a guy figured out a way to build a relitively nice replica and decided to make a buck on his design. he obvioulsly doesnt have RCs attention to detail and overall skills, but i would go so far as to call it a pile of *suitcase*.

Let's perhaps not jump quite so readily to conclusions about the "3-round burst" sound, given that if he had been actually firing, there would been more than approximately zero BBs caroming wildly off walls like in the video? (Yes, yes, dry-fire; I'd certainly hope not, LPEGs dry-fire louder than the noise in the video)

Of course it's not the most innovative thing ever. Of course it's rough around the edges. Anyone who needs ten posts saying that to realize it has the IQ of a hammer. But the amount of vitriol this thing is taking just for existing is a little ridiculous, and I'm left a bit confused as to where all the rabid "make an AA-12, it can be *suitcase*, it can be whatever, just oooohdearjesus make an AA-12" nonsense (on this forum and others) from when MW2/3 came out went.

3 round burst does not mean shotgun. I hope its a trishot that he fired a 3 shot burst with (IE, 9bbs worth of shots)

AA12, the most idiotic shotgun in recent memory. only codtards want that. I held a resin prop AA12 and it was the size of an M60, stupid gun.

Siaga 12 would be much preferable, or a franchi spas 15, or hell any of the shell tube semi autos M1100, M4s90,spas12

Yes, they are french, and the gun is not as popular as we might like, but it is a start and a first attemp for a trishot (hope it is) semiauto AEG shotgun, we should be thanking their effort and encouraging them, even if the gun is not our cup of tea and wont be buying it. Bashing them based on a proto is not very polite, to say the least

As ED-SKAR said, a saiga 12 would have been just perfect IMO, and if it was a 6 round shooter like the new TM 6 round gas shotgun... well, I would be all over it like it was a hot chocolate brownie with belgian chocolate icecream covered with hot chocolate. 300FPS power for CQB aaaaaaand sold

True. However.

>>Le French.

Viva Jay Sherman. Viva Quebec.

Obscure Critic reference in a post about shotguns? I think so!

And for the record I'm not knocking the innovation here. Good for him / them. I just hate codsofters and this just enables them.

Allways look at the bright side, if many codsofters buy it, many will sell theirs cheap when the gun is not the "codwinbutton" they expect. But something tells me this is not going to be cheap, just remember the black ops AK series, and those are just refinished lct kits...

I find the aa12 strange as I think even the real one looks to be made from bits of other guns people found in the bin. However I have heard it is extremely usable and effective to the people that use it. And it is full auto isn't it?

I don't really get why people hate it so much. I find the idea of a full auto shotgun which has the ability to fire a proprietary 12ga fragmentation grenade round quite exciting, and appropriately scary!

I think this would be a little better or at least appeal to me more if it was based on the new tm gas system. That would be epic.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I don't really get why people hate it so much. I find the idea of a full auto shotgun which has the ability to fire a proprietary 12ga fragmentation grenade round quite exciting, and appropriately scary!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2

Pretty much the reason, along with the obsessive children that got to run around spamming it.

'FireKnife'

Archived