ACR gbb rifle

fnc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird...

Those pictures look an awful lot like RS ACRs to me.  The image from the second link of the working parts locked back definitely shows an airsoft nozzle/bolt, but the fact it's so far zoomed in and you can't see the rest of the weapon has 'scam' written all over it.

I mean if it were a really nicely made, reliable GBB ACR then great, but surely Magpul USA can enforce patents in Japan?  Seems a bit strange for this to just appear out of the blue.

im with L2E on this one. FTC hasnt made anything since the end of the classic airsoft era. strange to release something so wildly different now. the used to make BV type classics like AKs and Spectre SMGs.

if they are going to start making airsoft guns again, i want to see an updated Spectre for sure. LOL, or at least some more mags for the old Spectres.

im inclined to think they are a new company rather than the bygone FTC.

http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/miyamatrading/ACR_PRO_3.jpg

http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/miyamatrading/ACR_PRO_2.jpg

Analyzing these pictures:

The PMAG isn't marked. The troy sight isn't marked. However, the ECOS is real. The entire gun itself doesn't have any markings however. I too am inclined to believe this is an airsoft gun.

google reverse image search brings up no pictures, and it's usually good about that kind of thing. I'm excited about the 5 sided Remington handguard!

Ok, so I actually sat down to read the article (since my Japanese is nowhere at the level to comprehend skimming)

Basically whoever posted this blog is prepping for a "special" engraving service that has been agreed upon with the manufacturer before hand. ONLY those guns making it into Japan and are part of the order will be engraved. Furthermore, it seems that the non engraved version will be released at an even later date. I'm pretty sure this guy has connections with either FTC or whoever the manufacturer is. Also, he posted his email for any distros or retailers wanting a piece of the action, further strengthening my assumption.

Seeing as how he talks about the guns being sent into Japan, one can only assume they're NOT made in Japan. He received these photos from the manufacturer. They are in the final release stage and (obviously) none of the attached accessories will be included. Damn, I wanted that ECOS :)

Also it says the gun itself has been talked about for quite a few years now so apparently it has been in development. Whether or not that addresses the sudden announcement or not, apparently they decided on the release date recently which is why it's being announced now.

Yeah but that thing sucks from every review I've seen and report I've read.  Which is a shame seeing as the planned KWA release won't be appearing now.

Why do you think that? MAGPUL don't own the ACR, so why would their current stance with PTS have any bearing on a KWA / Remington deal? Serious question.

To my knowledge, the licence for PTS to produce their ACR/Masada came from Magpul because the version PTS produced was not the one that Remington went on to sell to the US RS market as the ACR, it was the last design iteration that Magpul Industries themselves came up with.  Given that PTS have said they won't be producing any more FPGs, PDRs or ACRs and the announcement that KWA were intending to release a GBB ACR by working with PTS, I don't think that rifle will ever surface.

Be great if it did so I'll be happy if I'm proved wrong and super happy if it uses LM4 mags, so fingers crossed.

To my knowlege, Japanese copyright laws are...different from everyone else. That's why TM can make a 416 and a G36 with trades and all umarex can do is sit and watch

This ACR looks like the early Remington version, before the interchangeable grip. Definitely not something Magpul could say anything about, even IF they can get through Japanese law. Thing is, you might have some trouble finding those outside Japan

As far as KWA is concerned, I kinda missed the memo that they have the Remy license. If they do, they would be smart to modify their ACR to the Remy or Bushy version and sell it like that. The difference between the latest Magpul and the Bushmaster version is not that big, a little bigger with the latext Remington one (which, of course, has the way cooler rail system)

Archived