S-3 shut down by police?

kalbs

I heard yesterday there was a big brawl at the S-3 shop in HK a few weeks ago. Apparently one of the partners told a customer a specific AEG was no good so the other owner and him got into a fight (Martial arts involved).

Two guys ended up in hospital and the Police have since shut down the S-3 game site (Hong Kong) and I haven't seen the shop open in weeks now. Also I notice there web page has disapeared.

Those who have orders in with S-3 may have problems. If anyone else has news please keep us posted.

-kalbs-

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To shed some light:

What happened was a customer made a comment to one of the shop workers that their services/prices were a little lacking OR they hadn't upgraded his gun right - this is a little unclear atm. I'd suspect it was the latter as S3 upgrades tend to fail, making sure that the customers come back and pay more again to get it fixed - not a terribly nice set of ethics, but that's not the main point.

The shop-worker replied with "F**k off then".

This caused a argument between the customer and the shop-worker.

Then another shop-worker came along and got involved. A punch was thrown.

The customerhad some martial arts training - and so the fight soon escalated and got rather violent - at which point the shop-owner picked up a large blunt instrument and hit the customer over the back of the head when he wasn't looking - knocking him out.

Then, some other customer called the police and an ambulance, and the two shop-workers fled. The customer was put in hospital.

To be perfectly frank, I am not at all suprised. S3 has a long history of being a less than desirable shop - their upgrades are overpriced and ineffective, their prices are not that good to begin with and their "Site" is full of cows and swamps and cowpats and is very poorly maintained.

Remember the S3 MP40? It was a DE/AGM MP40 in a new box. That's all. And they almost doubled the price. And the new box isn't all that nice either.

Proof:

xyt.jpg

XYT gears - made in china and used by CYMA, DE/AGM and STAR. This is shocking as S3 specifically stated that their MP40 would NOT use XYT gears.

sameplasticnozzlespringguidepistong.jpg

Same plastic that is used in DE/AGM gearboxes. Nozzle, spring guide, piston, piston head, cylinder head, bushings, tappet, trigger switch unit and grease as used in the DE/AGM XM8.

samespeedloader.jpg

Same speedloader as DE/AGM ones. Also same Wall Charger.

samehopup.jpg

Same hopup unit used in DE/AGM XM8.

samebbssamechrgr.jpg

Same BBs and Wall Charger that comes with DE/AGM XM8.

samebattsametappet.jpg

Same Battery that comes with DE/AGM XM8. Also same Selector switch.

QED. S3 = the suck.

I always found that S3 had one of the better customer relations in Kwong Wa street area. I don't have experience about their upgrade services, but it's basically the only place where anyone speaks reasonable English and treats even a Gweilo as a proper customer. (SupremeCo and QRF also have friendly staff with language skills, but I think of them more as gear/realsteel shops than Airsoft shops specifically. GNG is helpful, but there's a language barrier.)

In any case, it's unbelieveable that people resort to violence over toy guns. Bleh.

-Sale

isnt the owner of s-3 a fat middle-aged guy?

Hey, so is Sammo Hung.

Does anyone know if the kung fu showdown was done with subtitles or in badly-dubbed English? And did they at any point end up jumping from treetop to treetop in a bamboo forest whilst trading blows?

Seriously though, Sale's right. Just because you get a kick out of shooting pellets at people at 300+ fps is no reason to be uncivilised. Getting violent over a toy gun is not cool.

I always found that S3 had one of the better customer relations in Kwong Wa street area.

i have o agree with you there, though their services were lacking..

tokyo-model is also very helpful, though again-language barrier... i find GnG to be rather... rude.

djl: ok, good point, but turns out he wasnt the one who knew martial arts :P the customer did

It just makes the British look bad. Our equivalent would be two people go into the car park and circle each other for five minutes, whilst a miniskirt-wearing tart shrieks "Leave him Kevin, he's not worth it!" Then the "combatants" mates split them up without a punch thrown. :(

*wonders if it could be made compulsory for all airsofters to be martial arts trained*

:zorro:

I bought a TM M4 RIS from S3 in 2005 for $1790 HKD which was the cheapest afaik.

Service was ###### though, very rude it also took the sales person about 10 minutes to get me it too (it was the girl, not sure if she still works there) "yeah I'll have a TM M4 RIS please" *gets SR16* "no no the TM M4 RIS" "ohhhh ok *Gets M733* "no no no the TM M4 RIS *points to the display model* "gotcha *gets standard M4* "oh for the love of g-*other member of staff points it out to her and she gets it"

I speak fluent cantonese so there wasnt any communication problems :P

So I chrono the M4 a few months later at electrowerkz and its doing 230fps with .2's (the M4 had no more than 1000 bb's put through it), there were chinese whispers going round that S3 would change the internals....not sure if it was true or whether I just got a bit of a dud.

I bought a TM M4 RIS from S3 in 2005 for $1790 HKD which was the cheapest afaik.

Service was ###### though, very rude it also took the sales person about 10 minutes to get me it too (it was the girl, not sure if she still works there) "yeah I'll have a TM M4 RIS please" *gets SR16* "no no the TM M4 RIS" "ohhhh ok *Gets M733* "no no no the TM M4 RIS *points to the display model* "gotcha *gets standard M4* "oh for the love of g-*other member of staff points it out to her and she gets it"

So I chrono the M4 a few months later at electrowerkz and its doing 230fps with .2's (the M4 had no more than 1000 bb's put through it), there were chinese whispers going round that S3 would change the internals....not sure if it was true or whether I just got a bit of a dud.

$1790? No offense dude, but that's a bit steep.

But your example of their service, is, well, typical. <_<

believe it not that was the cheapest when i was there!!

GNG quoted me $1850

Dentrinity $1870

War IV $1850

Thwere a few others but S3 were the only one selling for under $1800HKD

How much do they go for now? $1600HKD?

The exchange rate was good though something like £1-$14.5 HKD or something like that so I paid little over £100

I always found that S3 had one of the better customer relations in Kwong Wa street area. I don't have experience about their upgrade services, but it's basically the only place where anyone speaks reasonable English and treats even a Gweilo as a proper customer. (SupremeCo and QRF also have friendly staff with language skills, but I think of them more as gear/realsteel shops than Airsoft shops specifically. GNG is helpful, but there's a language barrier.)

In any case, it's unbelieveable that people resort to violence over toy guns. Bleh.

-Sale

I didn't. I always found S3's workers very rude.

I also found GnG horrifically rude - they wouldn't even pay me attention, even when I was flashing money about and pointing to a part I wanted to buy.

You got a bit ripped I fear - and I wouldn't put it past S3 to downgrade guns. I know for a fact that they resell parts they take out of guns when they are upgraded - a friend put in his M4 for repairs and they stole his Guarder piston and piston head and replaced it with a stock TM piston set - even though he just put it in to fix a misfeeding issue.

Archived