M9

HellsAngel

I have recently bought a marui M92F second hand from the sales section. The gun looks great and I love Berettas :P

But it doesn't shoot properly... When I first tried to fire it, it wouldn't fire at all? I have taken the whole thing apart numerous times, the gun is now properly lubricated etc. and I completely cleaned it up...

I believe the problem has something to do with the hammer section or the magazines, the part that hits the gas release seems very... iffy? <_<

I have reassembled it in numerous ways and now I can get it to shoot a couple of rounds, but then it will fail to work. It won't cycle the slide, then it won't fire any gas, and then it will decide to pop a round out very weakly :blink: Its not even a consistant problem?!

I have warmed up the magazines and things like that, so I don't think it could be cooldown? I've never had such poor shooting with my Marui P226 or USP compact...

Can anyone help? Or give me any ideas? I was thinking of replacing the part that hits the gas release. Maybe its not in the right position, I just really don't know! :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And +1 to anyone who can help me fix this gorgeous looking gun! ;)

HellsAngel

It sounds a little like what happened with my M9, does it look as if its cycling but not far enough to chamber the next round even on a full charge of gas?

It could be the hammer spring which is a little weak. Try taking the grips off and then tap out the bottom two pins along the back edge, when there out the hammer spring housing should come out along with the lanyard loop and hammer spring, you might need to pull back the hammer to help push it out.

Once its out try shimming up the spring with some small washers or discs of old credit card.

Archived