How to wear or age or AK Reciver

The Crunchy Bunny

So, at the request of our very own Negative Cambre, I am now posting a guide on how to achive my Reciver wear scene on my CM028S. Here we go

To achive the wear seen below:

P3140054.jpg

You must:

1. Wash and dry your reciver and prep for painting.

2. Take a can of Krylon Camo Ultra Flat Black paint and evenly cover the reciver (you can do the bolt to if you so choose.Be sure to tape off the parts you don't want covered

* Optional: Spray the Barrel, Sight Block and Gastube (I didn't).

3. Let it dry. Apply one more even coat to the reciver and other parts.

4. Get some matte or Satin Silver model paint (usually comes in small jars and you can find it at your local hooby shop).

5. Get a stiff small ended paint brush (try your local craft store or supermarket for those).

6. Dip it barely into the (no more than 1mm of the brush should be covered) hobby paint.

7. Very lightly dab it on to the reciver so it is ever so lightly applied. Do this only to places you belive there would be wear on the real steel weapon. It should not be thick in any one area and should look realistic as if it where worn by abuse.

8. Let it dry (should take less then 5 minutes if you did it right

9. Get some 240-300 grain sandpaper and lightly sand the metal parts such as the sight block, reciver cover, bolt handle, etc. that would get wear in the real steel. It should look real, not like it was sanded and meant to look that way.

10. Put A VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Silicone lube on a paper towel, rag TP etc. and lightly buff it in places on the reciver (it gives a different shene to the body). should not be completely covered, just in spots at a random. I like near where the reciver cover touches the lower reciver and around the selector switch.

11. Fianlly, get some dust and pat it all over the reciver, not alot just a light coating. I like to get it on my hands and then rub them all over the reviver and the rest of the gun.

There you have it, my worn reciver. See Part 2 for some pics

Archived