MP7

Qhs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was Matt Bond who made one.

He made a custom shell, folding foregrip, and for the internals and the grip he used a USP NBB.

You couldn't use MP5K internals because the mag goes in the grip, how would you do that with a V.3 gearbox?

Maybe use an AEP?

What's the overall length (real steel)?

Might it be possible to do it with an Uzi mechbox? They're similar design concepts after all.

A small variation on real steel dimensions is fairly common in airsoft so unless you're desperate for a perfect replica don't be afraid to stretch the body by a few percent to make life easier.

If not then an Ingram is probably your best bet and you'll need to reinforce the body of your donor springer or make the body yourself.

That's was mine, as stated above i built it from a NBB USP. I have sold it on since then though.

I managed to get one of the spring MP7 (imported from a guy in germany)

As expected as a springer it's rubbish. As a replica of an MP7A1 it's pretty good, the side RIS panels are removeable and the front grip folds up/down though it is a bit flimsey. It does come with full sling mounts, flip up sights and a really cheap non functioning silencer though (that could be fitted with silencing foam)

I have looked into fitting different internals into it, the G18C electric gearbox may be able to fit but it would take quite a bit of work, the MP7 pistol grip is almost vertical and very small compared to the glock one, hence the gearbox would take some "re-arrangement" of the motor etc. to fit the MP7 body.

I did consider gas blowback but as stated the plastic of the body, unless heavily reinforced may not be up to it. The easiest would be to fit NBB internals though that would limit to semi only...

At present i have the springer just as a display model, and have built a custom extended stock for it. I will keep you updated if/when i decide what to do...

What's the overall length (real steel)?

Its 380mm long that's about 14.96 Inches. It's maximal Width is 42mm, that's 1.65 Inches. But I think you will have only about 20mm width inside the frame.

This Springer MP7 is crappy. The only interesting parts are these flip-up sights. Maybe they would be useful for a G36KA2 project.

http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/product_i...3af8933c0d25ae6

A MP7 is possible as Gas-Airsoft (NBB/GBB) or as AEP. A standard AEG is in my point of view impossible, its simply too small for a regular Gearbox + Motor + Battery

The TM Uzi is relatively about the same size as the MP7. Problem is that the Uzi has a bad gearbox to start off with, and you need to literally remake the Uzi gearbox into full metal form and drop it in the springer and then make some new mags.

Or you can probably hit up Star Airsoft to tell them to make an MP7 conversion kit, since they've seemed to listen to us more and make an M14 and a UMP...

So everyone start putting "Star plz make an MP7 kit!" somewhere in their posts...

Archived