CA SCAR

Since51592

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking mine out to skirmish tomorrow... we'll see how she does.

That said, so far:

Pros:

The tan and dark earth look great (much better than in the pics, and a bit darker)

The body is incredibly rigid

The weight seems right and is very well balanced with a battery in place

Chronos at 310 with .2s out of the box

Selector switch is nice and positive, and IMHO in a much better config. than a standard M16 / M4. I can change settings with the thumb on my strong hand without repositioning at all.

Interesting detail... All the allen heads on the exterior of the gun use the same wrench as they included to access the battery compartment.

Cons:

Unmodded, only mini batteries will fit

Battery changes require use of an allen key to access the battery compartment. Not easy to do in the field

When folded, the stock occludes the trigger guard enough that if you have really big hands you will not be able to access the trigger.

The rear site appature seems really small... we'll see if this effects target acquisition tomorrow.

More to come after I get a chance to use it in a game :D

Hahaha. 310? My friend's SCAR chrono'd at 345 out of the box, no joke. After having held it a lot and played around with it, I definitely have to say that I love that gun. He skirmished with it today, and it did great. He kept the stock folded the whole time because his face mask got in the way of his aiming. He said it shoots like a dream though. Just watching him shoot it it's really smooth because of those 7mm bearings. I'm getting a SCAR-H as soon as CA makes one. Definitely.

Today I was able to use my brand new SCAR-L i picked up few days ago to use atSequoia Airsoft game. Here is a few shots of my new SCAR in the field. One Two

(the gun is quite a bit darker, my digi cam screen is busted so i cant turn off the flash)

PROS

Strong construction. Metal is strong and rigid.

Stock and lower receiver plastic is solid good feel.

Folding stock is very convenient and useful (I found it very hard to look down the sights with the stock unfolded while wearing full paint ball mask, required at the field)

Weight is very nice, not to heavy to use for the whole game.

Mine cronos in stock at 340-350 on .20 using 8.4 1800mah mini

Has a nice rate of fire, very quite and smooth sound.

Shoots pretty average for a stock gun, hitting people at a good 70-80feet away.

CONS

Removing two screws to change the batteries is not very friendly for the feild (but AEX's website found a quick fix to make it simpler, by extending the stock full and removing a tiny 1.5mm screw from the bottom. and now you can just slide the butt off.

Sliding Bolt has a clanky cheep feel, sounds like just two pieces of metal slamming together.

Wires heading from stock to gear box can some times get in the way when closing the stock, have to stop and adjust wires to fit in.

I cant wait to upgrade this baby, also looking forward to buying the EGLM from STAR when it comes out.

NIce to hear. I also play in woodland, with a tan SCAR( JLS ATM). I'm looking to get a Black CA SCAR. Does the stock lock into place while folded( In the JLS just jogging will sometimes make it start floppin')? Is there any wobble in the stock ( I had to tape my stock to stop it)? Also, my JLS SCAR can go 110 ft Stock ( Measured it). I can hit people pretty easily at 70 feet aswell. What do you thin is the maximum range on yours?

Is CA making a SCAR-H? I thought only G&G and STAR were. I know CA is releasing sevral sizes of outer barrels ( CQC, SV, and other varients)

I hope so. If not, I'll just have to turn the SCAR-L into a support weapon. TBH, the STAR version is most likely going to be overpriced and not as reliable as the CA, judging from past weapons.

Funny you ask about the stock Greatbigwolf, because in my pictures i have blue tape on my pointer finger. The reason for this is that i was folding the stock pretty fast with out looking and my finger got pinched so hard that my finger started bleeding and wouldn't stop. so the only thing i had at hand was some masking tap on my speed loader. As far as how strong it is, when locked in place it dose not budge. Not to sure how much farther i could shoot , the field was pretty thick and had lots of hills so not much range.

And what makes you think they'll make a Black SCAR? More importantly, why can't you fix that yourself with ye olde fashioned spray paint?

CA have confirmed that they will make the SCAR in black.

But yeah, spray paint is cheap, people.

And what makes you think they'll make a Black SCAR? More importantly, why can't you fix that yourself with ye olde fashioned spray paint?

How can you all miss this shi'ite on the first page?

DSCF5303.jpg

Does anyone know if they'll make the grenade launcher for it?

I want a SCAR-H but, I doubt they'll do it because of the proprietary magazines.

Archived