TM P226 spring HELP!

eldelphi

That spring goes back in on the right side of the frame (opposite to your first photo). See here.

It can be a bit of a pain to reinstall as it has a tendency to pop out. I hold the spring over the frame's circular protrusion and slide the grip back on from left to right (or was it bottom to top...). To test that it is installed properly, pull the trigger and release. The trigger should return to the rest position.

Thanks Davedawg123! Assuming i did it right, i placed the open end of the spring under the latch... kind of in the corner, and placed the tighter end, around the cirle and it just rests on the surface (like in your pic). Does that sound about right? It's not very secure if u ask me but i followed your pic as closely as i could. (The pic was very helpful btw).

I checked out your p226 for sale: pretty sexy! if i didnt just buy this one, i would spring for yours.. get it?.. pun intended. sigh.

Once again, thanks man.

Pic of the trigger bar spring placement is not mine, but glad I could help. And thanks for the compliments on my Sig!

As for the correct positioning, the upper arm of the spring (in that pic) has a hook on the end which hooks underneath the trigger bar, while the lower arm simply rests against the frame guide. I agree with your opinion that this arrangement is not very secure, and I've had the spring pop out plenty of times while trying to reinstall the grips.

Archived