Finding a suitable skirmish location

cruxed

Well, here I am in Hong Kong. I have around 10 friends or so that have got bits and bobs of airsoft kits/guns lying around but they have never been really serious about playing skirmishes. Well, not too long ago, I suggested that they actually get serious about it and but proper AEGs and such so we could play in a proper skirmish and have loads of fun.

The problem is, as half of my friends werent keen on purchasing their AEGs because of the cost (why are they complaining, HK is the cheapest place to get them :blink: ). Not only the cost of the gun, but everytime we go skirmishing, it'll cost like 300HK$ including transport, rental and such (37 USD or 20 pounds). As we will probably skirmish every weekend, and my friends will be using their own money, they found it to be a bit 'pricey' on their wallets.

It doesnt really matter to me as I really wont be purchasing any airsoft stuff anymore (my collection satisfies me) and my parents actually support me going skirmishing regularly. I suggested the idea that we go find our own site and my friends should make an investment in their gear and guns. They agreed on this and now I am scouting around my local neighbourhood (up in the mountains) for a place to play without disturbing anyone. (Dont worry, I told the people in the security office of my actions)

So far, Ive been scouting for CQB and Woodland sites as half of us favour CQB and half Woodland. So i thought it would be cool to alternate between them.

So here is the question, when scouting around, what factors/elements of the place shall I look for when I am looking for CQB or Woodland Sites, or more specifically:

- How big should the area be?

- What type of obstacles/terrain should it be?

- Should the ground be level/steep?

And for gameplay:

- What should be the ideal engagement range (CQB)?

- Any other rules/tips we should setup to ensure a fair environment for everyone?

Thanks guys, any information/tips would be a great help :)

Cheers, Boris

{...}

So far, Ive been scouting for CQB and Woodland sites as half of us favour CQB and half Woodland. So i thought it would be cool to alternate between them.

{...}

Hello cruxed,

Here comes your Survival Guide for Airsoft in HK:

Woodland:

To find a suitable woodland or even woodland-desert area is not a real

problem here in HK as long as you are willing and able to travel to

some remote places: Mainly in the NTs or certain outlying Islands.

If you live on HK Island you may also try Mount Davis. You'll find some

Coastal Defense Buildings of the good old Colonial Times there and you got a nice

view on Vicotoria Harbour plus it's also a bit cooler there during

the hot and humid summer season. Besides other places e.g. "Combat Games", this should be a favourite for Expats.

CQB:

I got from hearsaying that the CQB-Site in the New World Centre in TST -

yes you got me right it's in the Shopping Mall in TST :) - will still be

available for an unconfirmed period of time. That means you can play there

even in the hot summer season as it's air-conditioned. As it's not too big

I recommend Pistol duals only for this place. Costs: Usually HK$100 (nothing included).

I recently joined a game in a factory, which was part of Jacky Chan's movie "Police

Story". What makes it so exciting is that it's very big and diverse.

It has several levels, huge open and also typical cqb areas and there are

even office facilities. For all of you who like to make use of your Surefire equipment

the basement is a dark spooky area :fear2:. Alltogether the entire factory reminded me of certain maps of the PC Game SWAT3. All that has its price of course: With HK$180 including transport and lunch it's one of HK's most expensive game sites.

CQB/Woodland Mix:

A CQB/Woodland Mix can be found in Tuen Mun, NT.

There's is a village with abandoned houses surrounded by tall grass and

trees.

Archived