The US custom

Shao14

Ok, here's my situation. I ordered a KJW M9 FMV and a TM DE HK from Hong Kong last Tuesday, and the seller soon shipped out my order and gave me this tracking number (and letter): EE641535491HK

Now, if you go to http://www.usps.com/

and enter this tracking number, you'll see it says, "Your item is being processed by United States Customs." And it has been saying this same thing since last Friday. Shall I be worried now?

I bought airsoft goods from them serveral times before, and they ship their packages always the same way, and in the past (within the last year), it usually takes one or two days to clear the US custom, and the tracking status will change to something like "the package is routed to the local post office for delivery," but not this time. Does anybody have any experience/problems like this? Does this mean the US custom siezed my package? I would think if the package is indeed siezed, the US custom would try to contact me for a fine or something, and the tracking status would also say that the package is siezed. Is there anything I can do now besides waiting?

Man, I emailed the USPS, and here's what I got, "your item EE64 1535 491HK is

being processed by United States Customers. United States Customs is in charge

of inspecting all inbound packages and processing any dutiable, restricted, and

prohibited items. They are not a USPS facility; we retain no control of your

item while it is in their care.

They will send you a detention notice within 30-45 days if detained. We

apologize we do not have information as to when it will be released. You may attempt

to contact your local Customs Office located in your local phone book for more

information."

So, anybody ever had any experience with the US Customs?

D@mn! So it's confirmed. I just got an letter from the US customs telling me that my "look-alike toy pistols" had been seized because they didn't conform to the orange tip law. :( I am pretty sure the guns do have orange tips as been told by the seller. The letter says I have the right to petition, and that's what I'll do though the chance that I'm getting them is very slim now. Anybody ever petitioned to the US Customs? :P

Just curious, does the US Customs open every package to check or they just randomly select a few to check? I must have been really lucky this time because none of the other times when I bought stuff from Hong Kong had any problems.

Heh, for those who are interested (obviously, not many), the US Customs is kind enough to consider my petition, and decided to release my package (KJW M9 and TM .50 DE HK) on three conditions: 1. the guns will be re-conditioned to conform to the orange tip law under the supervision of the Customs; 2. I pay a $28 fine; and 3. I sign a harmless agreement (not in the sense that not to use the "toy gun" to harm others, but in the sense that I will not hold "the United States, its officers, agents, servants, and employees, their heirs, successors, or assigns, from any and all action, suits, proceedings, debts, dues, contracts, judgements, damages, claims, and/or demands whatsoever in law or equity which I, my heirs, successors, or assigns, ever had, now have, or may have in the future in connection with the detention, seizure, and/or release by the U.S. Coustoms and Border Protection of the above listed property.") :P

Hopefully, I'll finally get my package, and I'll have to make sure the orange tips are correctly applied in my future arm deals. :P

For those who ever bothered to read this thread, I think it's time to put a conclusion to it. I went to the Customs House, and painted the tips of guns's barrels orange in front of some officers at the Customs, and they let me have my guns back. :) So, all was good (except I had to pay an extra $28 fee and the trip to the Customs).

I sign a harmless agreement (not in the sense that not to use the "toy gun" to harm others, but in the sense that I will not hold "the United States, its officers, agents, servants, and employees, their heirs, successors, or assigns, from any and all action, suits, proceedings, debts, dues, contracts, judgements, damages, claims, and/or demands whatsoever in law or equity which I, my heirs, successors, or assigns, ever had, now have, or may have in the future in connection with the detention, seizure, and/or release by the U.S. Coustoms and Border Protection of the above listed property.")

i must say that sounds a bit blackmail-like

Archived