Custom Mauser replica pricing opinions

ncthorn

Hey guys as some of you know I recently finished a custom Mauser/Czech Vz.24 replica rifle based on an HFC USR-11 spring rifle. It is pictured below and additional photos can be found in my thread in the technical/project suggestions subforum. On my original rifle I cut quite a few corners in effort to build it cheaply (used a cheap cracked stock) . In the process some realism was sacrificed. I have since improved the design for added realism and durablilty. The work involved in making the rifle is not difficult but it is time consuming.

Recently, I have witnessed many new 'softers on these forums asking about affordable Axis weaponry. Most are encouraged to purchase the AGM Mp-40 as it is very affordable and performs admirably for the price. The only problem is that the Mp-40 was by no means the main battle rifle for Wehrmacht forces. This is the reason why we need more Mauser K98s and variants in the field. I have decided that in order to aid field realism and provide a good alternative for the impractical Marushin K98 and the expensive Tanaka K98 I will begin producing USR/MP001/VSR based Vz.24/M48 rifles. Traditional K98's will also be available but only on special order as they will be more expensive based on stock availability and pricing. Each gun will include an Owners Manual made to look like a field manual that will describe disassembly, the original manufacturer's manual, one 25 round magazine, and a speedloader. Let me know what you think of the prices listed below.

Pic of original build:

100_0995.jpg

PRICING (note: prices do not include shipping which will likely be around $20 to US customers):

DE MP001 Based M48/Vz.24 Basic Model= $230

DE MP001 Based M48/Vz.24 Scoped Model= $260

HFC USR-11 Based M48/Vz.24 Spring Model (piston weight removal is free)= $260

HFC USR-11 Based M48/Vz.24 Gas Model= $290

TM VSR-10 PS Based M48/Vz.24= $395

TM VSR-10 RS Based M48/Vz.24= $395

Input/Comments Welcome!

You better ship to Finland too :P Prices seems okay, couple of suggestions tho. Separate prices could be added to those who already own one of those rifles or are ready to supply you with one. Second is that you should at least mention the minimum price for Kar98 so we wouldn't have to ask ;)

alright thanks for the suggestions. I would do conversions if someone wants to send me their rifle but I would much rather make whole rifles as it is much easier for me. Iam very willing to ship internationally but will have to refigure shipping. K98 variants will likely run around $35-$40 more expensive than their M48/Vz.24 counterparts. It should also be noted that availablility will be limited especially in the time before my spring break so I will do these on a wait list type format. Spots 1 and 2 are currently taken but everything after that is open.

Great idea you have going there!

but..

M48/Vz.24?

M48s are Serbian Mausers produced at Preduzece-44, where as the V.24 is a Czech Mauser produced at Brno and one other factory, can't remember the name.

The 48 will have a milled butt-plate rather than the stamped, cupped butt-plate seen on the 24. Also note that the bolt on the 48 is turned down (not fully, mind you), and stainless. The bolt on the Vz.24 will be a straight bolt, and all blued.

If you want any reference shots of an M48, let me know. I've got one sitting in my cabinet (A good example at that, all matching serial no's, and 99% bluing, with a stock in good shape).

I'm not really into WW2 armament, but damn, that looks good i have to say :)

Might be an idea to use the newly released JG BAR10s, wich are the first real 100% compatible chinese vsr clones from what i hear, and a steal at 85$ orso from wgc.

keep up the good work !

Hey guys thanks for the interest! Unfortunately I am no longer doing these rifles for sale. The production has turned over to AllAmericanDan from WW2 Airsoft Assoc. Here is his email if you are interested: paintgames (at) hotmail (dot) com. He is charging a tad more but is well known for his quality work.

Sorry for the trouble.

There is a WWII German army recreation group here in Chile taht would gladly sell their kidneys for those rifles! luckily for me, I recreate the allies, and WWII armament is somewhat easier to come-by (I´m about to sell one of my lungs for the new Clone Thompson)

Actually a vast majority of the K98s utilized in WWII had bent bolts as they provide for a better cocking motion. But sirrith is right I used the VSR bolt as a real Mauser bolt handle would be far from worth it.

Archived