EXTENSIVE G36C COMPARISON

Broklyhed4

Ok this is a very long post.

I have done extensive research for over a month now on the two versions of the G36C models. I have checked forums, emailed owners, read reviews all over the net. The decision is closer than ever. I am a new airsoft enthusiast looking for my first gun, the G36C. I am planning on keeping the gun pretty much stock other than some internal upgrades for reliability. Here is all the information and links I have compiled before starting this thread. So without opening a can of worms here, oops, too late, which is a better buy?

Please help me decide whch one.

I have done the research and talked to first hand owners/users of both models.

These are responses I got from actual owners of the two G36C versions.

TM

I have no problems so far with my G36. And personly I think that both the TM and CA G36's are the same. And i'm suprised that my G36 has been holding up So whatever one you like go for it.

TM

My "TM" G36C is just a dream. The hop up is VERY easy to adjust. It is also very solid, and has no creak or barrel wobble, and the finish isn't ###### either. Fine, it is plastic but in my opinion this is realistic as the real gun isn't made of metal. The mags are also good. They hold 470 rounds are need little winding and are very reliable.

I have had no experience with the CA version, but as with all CA weapons if i were you i'd wait until they have refined it e.g. version 2 or 3, as they often have problems and I have already heard rumours that the CA G36 is lacking in some areas. If i were you i'd go with the TM. It has not failed me once.

My trigger markings havent worn off but i have only skirmished it 10 times. Only time will tell. However the skirmish site i go to use TM G36's as rental guns as well and i haven’t noticed anything. But seeing as it is merely some kind of paint, it would only be normal for it to come off with water if you kept rubbing it.

There is no shot drop off.

When i first got my gun i was trying semi out and yes the trigger stopped responding after a while. This was quickly fixed by just switching to full auto and then back to semi again. This is by no means a major flaw and should'nt stop you getting this gun.

TM

I have the TM one and I couldn’t be more happier. I have used it heavily for about a year and it has run flawless. Which is better is impossible to say. They are very good guns both of them. The CA is a better looker and has a better feel to the body. However the TM internals are more reliable, but CA is not bad, It's just prone to breaking down more easily than the TM. However CA makes cheaper accessories. If I were to buy one today I think I would buy the CA.

TM

My tm g36c is still completely stock internally. I was deciding the CA and the TM, but settled with the TM because it is usually around about 40 $ cheaper (am in USA), and there was some concern about the CA version not being reliable (no idea if it is true). Also there was a complaint that the wire assembly in the foregrip was messy which made it hard to insert the battery. that are the only real differences i know of between the two versions. My g36c works fine I love it, it was my first AEG and i have no regrets.

TM

I love my TM G36C. Its been very reliable, and the performance is great. The mag well/mag connection is a little creaky on mine, but thats the extent of the trouble I've had. I've checked out the CA version, and I must say I think the TM is still the better buy at this point. It may improve down the line, as CA products do. The CA body material is closer to the look and feel of the real gun, which is nice, but the fit and finish is not as nice as the TM. The CA is a second generation copy of the Marui, and so its a bit like what happens with a copy of a copy of a VHS tape. For example, the moving parts all feel muddy and stiff. The fire select is the worst in this respect, but the stock hinge and release suffer from this as well. The engraving on the sights is not as sharp as the Marui, again due to being a copy. The markings on the side are alright though. The gun does feel solid overall though, and I think it might remain solid feeling after the TM develops a creak or two. Its nice that it comes with more rails, and that a 9.6v 1500 mAh battery can fit without modification to the body. I think they'll both be reliable internally speaking. My TM gearbox is upgraded to 400 FPS using a Systema M120S and Guarder metal bushings. Its been that way since a month after I got it, and I haven't had any problems. The v3 gearbox is a solid design.

TM

The only problems I have had with my G36C is that the selector switch fell off. Thankfully, I found the switch, but I didnt find the tiny spring and the little bit of plastic. I had a spare M16 selector switch sitting around, so I took the pieces from that. Now the selector switch functions nicely. I like the TM G36C a lot, it is the most quiet AEG on our team with a silencer. The TM G36C has authentic H&K trademarks where as the CA 36C has CA trademarks.

TM

The TM is entirely well made. The gearbox is strong, the body is well constructed. Its only drawbacks stem from the design of the battery space, and the color/texture of the plastic. The battery space problem can be overcome though, and the body looks good, just not as real as it could. I highly recommend TM.

TM

Buying CA is like buying a lottery ticket - chances are, you're going to lose out. Alright for my b-day my dad bought me a CA g36c with aimpoint replica and all the fixings. but after loading up a mag and battery and tried to sight it in, It started to shatter bbs. 2 bbs role out the barrel and the next one shatters. TM HK replicas tend to lose their selector switches pretty easily. My G36C lost its switch I just replaced my bearing's and my spring guide with a ball bearing one from Prometheus, that solved the problem for me.

TM

All parts are pretty much compatible.

It uses metal bushings in its gearbox, which is one advantage, but the design is not as great as TM's. Probably the biggest thing you have to worry about with CA are their gearboxes. Don't get me wrong, they are a lot better than they used to be (apparently), but they still aren't up to par with TM's. You can throw metal bushing in the TM gearbox. You can't really change the design of the CA gearbox. The main difference is that CA uses 7mm bushing vs TM 6mm bushings. that’s it. Two things I noticed about CAs gearbox that wasn’t "well done" is their selector plate which doesn’t seem to fit 100% and makes for a bit harder fire selection. however after a few switches with the selector its "worn inn". and you have the spring guide, while it looks brittle it may or may not snap. In the TM gearbox the first bad design choice would have to be the plastic bushings.. I mean why do you want plastic to hold on something that revolves very fast?

TM

The TM G36 is a very nice gun, very stable doesn't squeak, the tm barrel is also threaded for easy silencer attachment. also one complaint that people have had against the ca36c is that the wiring isn’t very organized which makes it harder to fit the battery in

TM

My TM G36 iss so damn good. No problems at all. I have opened it up 4 times to install different barrels as a noob and all has worked as it should. There is no "squeak", the body has a metal inner frame which makes it a very robust weapon. The high caps also work a charm as they hold 470 bb's and need little winding. Definitely a good gun as mine has needed next to no maintenance to keep it 100% reliable.

TM

I can vouch for the TM G36. Very solid gun, no plasticy squeak and great performance. Also very easy to swap the inner barrel for a longer one if you want the G36K look. Has never let me down and is good for CQB but has the range for woodland.

CA

I am actually the owner of a TM G36c. My gun has metal bushings, systema shims and a systema M-130. It shoots @ 398 fps. My teammate Kevin has the CA36c. I did all of the upgrade work (M-130) and installed his Star K long kit which included a 6.05 inner barrel. His rifle shoots @ 415 fps, and he also has the same G&P E carry handle. That being said, I have used his rifle in several skirmishes. It is very well made, and has a higher rate of fire than my TM. The CA is not as accurately rendered as the TM version in terms of looks, but the body of the CA is much more robust. The CA has had NO down time because of breakdowns, while my TM has broken 2 times. Once because the nozzle came out of the stock cylinderhead, (I have no idea how that happened or why) and once because the spring on the tappet plate broke.

Get the CA, it's more reliable. Get a systema M-120 and put it into your gun, along with at least a 9.6v. 1700 mah battery. It will last a long time and shoot somewhere between 370-398 fps.

CA

I had a G36 given to me to fix every gear had striped and the piston and piston head had cracked along with the gear box stay away from them till at least v4 comes along

CA

I can tell you both guns are well made and reliable. Having been inside both Tokyo Marui and Classic Army gearboxes, I can also tell you the internals of the CA's guns are made of superior materials.

CA

There was no problem whatsoever with the gearbox. I opened her up anyways to make my review more thorough. I wrote the review some time ago, and have since used the AEG a lot more. The thing is great; my FPS is still between 320-330fps. I would recommend the CA one. I have had no problems with mine, and we've sold a ###### load and have had no complaints.

CA

Both AEGs are good. I personally have a love affair with Classic Army. On the durability levels of both gearboxes being the same, that is quite possible, but consider that the CA Gearbox is upgraded to shoot over 300FPS, while the Tokyo Marui one is not, because the AEG shoots under 300FPS. TM G36C you will get a version 3 gearbox that comes with 6mm bushings. On the CA36C you will get the upgraded gearbox with 7mm bearings. The TM guns come stock with plastic gears The CA one comes with metal gears. Personally I am very happy with my Classic Army one, I like the weight, and the feel of it versus a TM one. So overall I'd recommend the CA one, but you cannot go wrong with a TM one either.

CA

It’s built a rock no shakes nor wobble And also yes it can hold a 9.6 1100 just take out the extra fuse

CA

Since this gun arrived the first problem I noticed is that the front grip is very loose and feels like it will come off and the same with the scope rail. The selector switch is very loose and doesn’t click to let you know when you have reached single shot or full auto it just stops are auto and safety and the biggest problem of all is the fact that tokyo marui mags dont fit in this bloody gun !! I have had to sit and file it down the mag well to get a mag to fit !!! I was warned not to buy this as people have warned me about CA's new guns. To me it just seems like they have not bothered fixing any of the problems with their production model which was reviewed.

CA

My gun hasn’t given me any problems yet, I’m probably near 10,000 rounds, and its never jammed or anything, and I’ve yet to lube it once. I also put a 9.6volt battery in it which increased the rate of fire alot and still no trouble. The CA version is pretty much an exact copy of the TM, with a nicer body made of some kind of fiberglass composite, its real strong, and has metal gears and bushings which makes upgrading the spring alot safer. All aftermarket parts that work with the TM will work with the CA version too.

CA

Speaking from first hand experience, instead of second-hand rumors, I must say that the CA36C is a very good gun. Upgrade and customization potential is plentiful, due to the 4 rails you get and a wealth of aftermarket parts. The gun isn't perfect. The fire-selector switch requires care, and some of the mould lines are annoying. The folding bit on the cocking lever is frankly pathetic... But personally I LIKE the minor

CA

I would go for the CA36C. I am sort of the armorer for our airsoft team, and I own a TM G36C that is upgraded to 400 fps. I also own a CA M15A4 that is upgraded to 400 fps. One of my teammates has a CA36C that has the star K long kit and G&P carry handle. I through actual first hand experience feel that in this case the CA36C is the superior product. I have upgraded the CA36, and used it for several games. The body does not have HK trademarks, but it is much more uniform in color and texture than the TM. The fibre-reinforced plastic CA body is a little softer than the TM plastic, but I feel that is a good thing. It is less likely to scratch, and the body has a little give to it if you drop or fall on the gun. Some of the molded areas of the CA don't look as good as the TM.

CA

My CA36 is very sturdy, the body is very nice and doesnt squeak at all, the foregrip fits nice and tight, and doesnt have that cheap hollow plastic sound to it if you tap on it. the stock is very stiff and strong. much better than marui version for upgrades because it has metal bushings, and the spring guide and spring are not attached to each other like marui's stupid design. the body looks alot nicer and more realistic also. gun has never jammed or given me any problems. comes with two side rails also if attachments are your thing. all aftermarket parts for marui g36 will work, including magazines.

CA/TM

The CA I checked out was very solid. A little too solid in my opinion, at least new. Perhaps it would break in and loosen up a bit after a while. The fire select lever was very stiff, and the mag well was quite tight. Overall the detail on the gun is not as nice as the TM, lacking proper trades, and the engravings on the sight suffer from detail fade being a copy of the Marui part.

CA/TM

So far it has proven to be very reliable, we are 4 people in my team now with the CA version, and 2 with the TM version, so I got some experience from using both as I’m more or less our team’s airsmith. While the TM G36c is probably one of the best TM made guns, the CA version also hold out as a superior piece. Im most impressed by its power and durability as a MG. However there are some slight issues with both the versions. the CA one might come with a not so functional hop-up rubber. its fine and all, but doesn’t work too well on 0.25+ BBs. The selector is also not 100% flawless, but it will wear inn, which makes it quite nice. The TM version has the usual plastic bushings problem, that might make the gears slip and strip. Also TMs version got some bad bolts who will easily come off and get lost during a game. Some myths that needs to be busted is that people say that CA cant use TMs lo-cap mags due to them being wider. No one I have ever talked to has ever had any problems at all

I would recommend you to buy a CA version, mostly cause its a continued develpoment of TMs version. it has fixed some issues TM had and is equally reliable in terms for longevity of its internals. But as with most airsoft guns you might become unlucky with both Ca and TM and ge a lemon gun that doesnt quite work etc.

VIDEOS:

TM VIDEO

http://www.combatcentral.co.uk/Images/armo...6rev/g36aeg.mpg

REVIEWS:

TM

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...g36c_review.htm

TM

http://www.teaminfinity.nu/g36c.html

TM

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=121

TM

http://www.airsoftcore.com/reviews-73.html

TM

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/g36/g36_1.asp

TM

http://www.geocities.com/maine_airsoft/rev...l?1073710952397

TM

http://www.combatcentral.co.uk/pages/notes/g36review.asp

TM

http://mcsfairsoft.tripod.com/id26.html

TM

http://www.airsoftarizona.com/view.asp?ID=4

CA

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...36c_review1.htm

CA

http://www.floridaairsoft.com/reviews/ca36c/

Please put in your input from first hand accounts only, no I heard this or had problems in the past.

Please help me decide

Thank you for your time

Oh I must correct that,....the video is one I found from one of the TM review links I have posted. It is not me, that is someone else, I will definately put up a real video of me when I get my G36C (that is when I decided which I want). Also the guy in the video decided to shoot/film when the battery was dead. I don't know why. I will put a better video up.

Discussion of Airsoft Kit above 1 Joule (328fps with 0.20g BBs) is not allowed on these forums, specifically if others can get information from the posts on how to upgrade their guns beyond this point. Also duplicate posting is not allowed.

Please read the forum rules before posting again ("Rules & Guidelines "link top left of every forum page).

Thanks.

...the guy in the video decided to shoot/film when the battery was dead.  I don't know why...

I was about to say "Get the CA version! It looks like the TM version has pathetic ROF!"

hehe...

But yeah, actually do go for the Classic Army.

I own one, and all the good things those people said about it are true.

"CA

Since this gun arrived the first problem I noticed is that the front grip is very loose and feels like it will come off and the same with the scope rail. The selector switch is very loose and doesn’t click to let you know when you have reached single shot or full auto it just stops are auto and safety and the biggest problem of all is the fact that tokyo marui mags dont fit in this bloody gun !! I have had to sit and file it down the mag well to get a mag to fit !!! I was warned not to buy this as people have warned me about CA's new guns. To me it just seems like they have not bothered fixing any of the problems with their production model which was reviewed."

I read this before buying a CA36C. It's in a topic along with similar comments here.

Having read Arnies review of the prototype and production models, it seems obvious (but strange) that this guy is talking about the prototype version. - This isn't something that should concern you, just buy the gun from a reputable dealer (WGC sorted mine out nicely) and you'll get a crisp, new production model.

I haven't extensively handled a TM G36C, so I can't offer any comparative comments here... But some of the mold lines on the rear grip, trigger guard and front grip stick out to such an extent, that after holding the gun for a while they do start to rub. This will be not be an issue if you plan to use gloves, but personally I found them annoying. A touch of black electrical tape makes holding the gun nice and comfy, though. Remember though, I may have been unfortunate, and recieved one with particularly bad mold lines (I'm the only one I know who owns a CA36C, so I dunno!)

I love my CA36C! The things is just so solid, and beastly looking, while being compact and versatile (due to excellent weight distribution).

And I haven't mentioned the extra rails (even if you don't need them, they make it look stupidly mean! :D) Or the Hi-cap magazine you get with the gun!

Go for the Classic Army version, you will love it!

And buy a set of allen keys so you can keep her nice and tight :P

That is a really good question, after reading so many reviews, pro's, con's and suggestions (all from actual owners) it is harder than when I first started out.

Thoughts on the CA

I am not convinced the internals are any more "reinforced"

I think I would like the material the exterior is made out of

The lacking trademarks are not that important

Thoughts on the TM

Looks more realistic

TM seems to have more of a reputable name

I've gotten more positive responses for the TM

There are way more reviews on the TM version to give me more information about it

Parts seem easier to get if anything goes wrong

Plain and simple, the gun is hot.

I want the one that will be more reliable without having to wait until the 50th generation for it to be solid

The FPS I am not worried about, it will be used for backyard fun, this area is not that big with airsoft (YET!)

It will be used for a few hours on a weekend and not at all day skirmishing events

I want to get parts easier if anything goes wrong

I want quality for my money

And I can always upgrade bushings for reliablilty in the future

So if I have to choose one I think I am leaning towards the TM

I am not all power hungry as to get a unit that may be hopped up for more power but unreliable. It is very hard to say which will be better but I have to suck it up and get one,....any ideas are welcomed.

Just a question but how does the TM g36 look more realistic than the CA?  Besides the trademarks of course.

Actually, I have a real G36K handguard on my TM, and I have compared it to the CA as well. The CA matches the color and texture of the real thing much more closely than the TM does. The TM still looks darn good, its just a little smoother and darker.

The CA body has other problems though...

just out of curiosity, why do you cock your elbow WAAAYYYY out to the side when shooting your gun?

you're supposed to - in real competition shooting - which i do - you 're supposed to keep your elbow at aright angle to your side and the other elbow tucked into your hips. and lean back

i shoot air rifle standing up so i know that sh*t

sorry that sounds like im boasting which im not. :D

edit: spelling

"Actually, I have a real G36K handguard on my TM, and I have compared it to the CA as well. The CA matches the color and texture of the real thing much more closely than the TM does. The TM still looks darn good, its just a little smoother and darker.

The CA body has other problems though... "

What other problems does the CA body have?

What other problems does the CA body have?

I suppose it would have been nice of me to mention that from the get go, hmm. :)

Well, the thing that bothers me the most about the CA is that it suffers from most of the problems one would assume a second generation plastic casting would suffer from. Things like detail fade, shrinkage, loss of mechanical subtlety, things like that.

To name a few, the trigger select is stiff and muddy feeling, the engravings on the sight are blurry and shallow, the mag well is too tight, the stock release and hinge are stiff and slow.

Basically, the CA lacks the mechanically satisfying crispness of the TM. I'm not surprised by any of this given the CA's origins, but I'd hoped they would have addressed these issues a little better.

Also lack of trades bugs me.

Note this is based on just one brand new CA G36C that I played with at AEX. Maybe they 'loosen up some' after a little breaking in. Maybe these details wouldn't bother you. Maybe its worth putting up with them in order to have the theoretically stronger glass fiber body. Maybe it does not apply to all of them (If it doesn't, then that is potentially evidence of a bigger problem with their manufacturing yield consistency). Anyway thats a lot of maybes in my book.

Leez0

when you said this:

"But some of the mold lines on the rear grip, trigger guard and front grip stick out to such an extent, that after holding the gun for a while they do start to rub."

were you referring to the CA or the TM model?

The CA. I stuck a bit of black electrical tape over them, now it's nice and comfy. Or you could wear gloves when you start skirmishing, like me :P

... the trigger select is stiff and muddy feeling, the engravings on the sight are blurry and shallow, the mag well is too tight, the stock release and hinge are stiff and slow...

I also own one, and the trigger selector IS stiff, but will loosen over time. Then it becomes quite nice. Just make sure you buy a 1.5mm allen key to keep it secure. The engravings on MY CA36C sight are pretty crisp. The mag well is tight, but not TOO tight, and I can only describe the stock release and hinge as smooth. The stock will flap about if not secured in the open or folded positions (makes snapping it back and forth quite fun :P!)

This is probably a bad sign though. It means that CA don't have VERY precise manafacturing processes, or strict quality control!

You'll only notice these differences if you put both CA and TM side by side and examine them closely though.

I still vote CA! :D

You'll only notice these differences if you put both CA and TM side by side and examine them closely though.

Can't disagree with you there. However the way look at it, if I had bought the CA first, and then checked out the TM, I think I'd have had the buyer's remorse. It is nice to hear it will loosen up some though.

When you get right down to it though, I think you probably can't go wrong with either one. They just have their own nuances that a potential buyer needs to be aware of, some of which might annoy one person more than the next.

Is anyone aware if there is a newer version of the g36c coming out from CA?  I swear I read somewhere about a v4.0.  Thanks.

Version 4!? :wide-eyed: I thought they were stll on version 1!

When you get right down to it though, I think you probably can't go wrong with either one. They just have their own nuances that a potential buyer needs to be aware of, some of which might annoy one person more than the next.

True say, it's all about personal preference really.

Ok it is finally ordered, my months of research and discussion have finally brought me to the TM model.

I ordered from Depot53.com

Mike was very helful and is great with service.

Ordered From Depot53:

TM G36C

Sanyo 8.4v 1050mah battery

Trickly charger

Toytec BB's

Ordred From Airsoft CQB:

TM Full Auto Tracer

1 bag green tracer bbs

1 bag orange tracer bbs

Soon after will be the supplemental order for mags, extra batteries, bbs, and upgrades.

Archived