Electrowerkz Charity event 2007!

DarkAngel1

After the massive success of last years event, Mac and Detty at Electrowerkz have very kindly given us thier site free of charge for another 8 hour Pistol and Shotgun only Charity extraveganza from 1200 - 2000 on SUNDAY 3rd JUNE 2007 being held at:

ELECTROWERKZ

7, TORRENS STREET,

ISLINGTON,

LONDON.

N1.

There is limited on street parking near the site, however, it is recommended that you come via the tube, the site is less than 100yards from Angel tube station on the Northern line.

This years charity is CLIC Sargent which is a charity which helps Children living with cancer, in particular we the airsoft community will be raising money to help Liam Fairhurst on his campaign to raise £100,000 through Liam's Mile

WHEN Liam Fairhurst was diagnosed with cancer in his left leg at the age of 10, the brave schoolboy underwent four operations, seven courses of chemotherapy and 32 blasts of radiotherapy.

With his cancer in remission, the plucky 11-year-old swam one mile for a CLIC Sargent on 22/12/2006, exactly one year after his first round of treatment finished. A massive achievment for a young man who had had a large proportion of his left leg removed, and struggled to walk.

When he found out he had a tumour in his left leg the future looked bleak.

Liam's loving family were devastated. Dad Mark said: "Your body just goes icy cold when they tell you. It's totally devastating."

Liam said: "The cancer wasn't the scariest bit of it. It was the wondering if every little sickness I got would kill me. You are thinking that if you get ill it may do you a lot of harm."

Liam made many friends during his frequent visits to Addenbrooke's Hospital but he can only remember some of those he left behind, particularly his friend Jack Wilkinson, 12, who died in August.

He said: "There are lots of people who had cancer worse than me. Some are still there. I feel happy that I am out but sad that they are still in there."

His swim was also a tribute to Jack, and he raised around £13,000.

As you can see if you look at liam's mile, Liam's cancer returned to his lungs. but on 28/04/2007, liam underwent a successful operation.

He said "I'm now out of hospital after sucessful op on both my lungs and am feeling OK apart from when I laugh, burp or cough (as this hurts!!). I start 6 months of low level chemo on thursday . This is done as an outpatient so hopefully it won't mean so much time in hospital...HOORAY!!! Thanks to everyone for their support... pass the word on to all your friends and together I know we can make a difference to families like mine!!!"

Liams goal is to raise £100,000.

To date he has raised approximately £80,000.

We are going to help him to achieve his goal, and by doing so help other familys like Liam's, when this devastating desease enters their lives.

So i am hoping that you will join with me on the above date, and lets raise some money by shooting the hell out of each other!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year i was overwhelmed by the generosity of the everyone involved especially the retailers who donated so many prizes for the competition. (Please see the results thread stickied at the top of this forum for full details.)

This year I will not be phoning around and asking for donation prizes as I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but if any of the retailers reading this would like to donate anything towards the competition draw, then please e-mail me at: lexjones@btinternet.com or phone me on 07944 296992. Also if anyone has prize they can donate towards this event, then phone me. if any of you want to bring this thread to the attention of any Airsoft retailers or Site organisers that you know and try to coerse them into helping our cause, then please feel free!!!!

if you just want general information, then please E-MAIL me.

Right, the crunch and the rules.

Tickets are strictly limited, the walk on fee for this event is £30 per person.

I'm sorry but there will not be any equipment other than protective face-masks available to rent on the day.

No AEG's whatsoever, please don't ask if you can bring sniper rifles, because you can't, and you cannot use any CO2 weapons at this event, this is not open to negotiation.

AEP's may be used, on single shot mode only, and the maximum ammo capacity must be no more than 50 BB's. (No hi-caps for either pistols or the MP7).

Gas weapons are prefferred if you have them, spring is also OK. if you have a full auto firing gas gun, you may use it on full auto.

I will only reserve places for people who pay at least £10 deposit per person , and pay it into my paypal account within the next three weeks. the account address is lexjones@btinternet.com

( If paying via Paypal you MUST include the 4% fees and 50 pence withdrawal fee)

After the three weeks, I will reserve places for people on a first come first served basis via e-mail only.

You can also come to Electrowerkz on any Tuesday or Sunday game and give the deposit to either myself or Andy.

Tickets are limited, hope to see you all there again for another awesome event, lets see if we can beat last years £1800.

thanks for your patience reading this extremely long post!

as somone said last year, 'Saving kids by shooting people, count me in!'.

;)

Last year was a truly amazing day! the atmosphere and game play was top notch and the pistol and shot gun only rule made this a real one off event, £30 for a skirmish that makes a difference COUNT ME IN

*Dances jig*

*e-mails all friends*

by "no sniper rifles" may i bring my springer bolt rifle that shoots about 200FPS.... for sheer nutter value?

On the subject of cancer, my mother had an inflamed thyroid (sp) a few years ago. After it was removed it was studied and it turned out to be cancerous. When my dad was young he had a mole that was removed, that wasn't a mole but skin cancer.

Increases my chances somewhat.

Naturally, i shall be there :)

Last year's was absolutely fantastic - the atmosphere was electric, and it was most encouraging to see Lex's hard work being supported by the airsofting community - players and retailers alike.

I would urge you all to get tickets as soon as possible, and lend your support to a good cause once again :)

Thanks as always to Paul from Spectrum Pyros, the Team and i are eternally grateful for your continued sponsorship.

A big thank you to Tom Andrews site organiser of Elite Airsoft Epsom, who has pledged an AEG as a competition prize. Thank you Tom, you've set the bar and its much appreciated.

Interesting to see what other people might be compelled to do!

Confirmation of deposit reciept e-mails will be sent out tomorrow.

Tickets are selling well! Keep it up people.

Sorry its been a while, I havn't beeen able to get on Arnies over the weekend.

I bring you some exciting updates regarding the competition / prize draw.

I have some HUGE thank yous to hand out after receiving some very generous prize donations.....

Richard (rifleman) at MASTERCHIEFS has once again come up trumps, donating a plethora of fantastic prizes. We are extremely grateful for the continued support of MASTERCHIEFS to our annual event.... :D

1. BLACKHAWK OMEGA CROSSDRAW VEST in black with a Black Tac Belt.

2. BLACKHAWK CROWD CONTROL BAG.

3. BLACKHAWK HELLSTORM knee and elbow pad set in Black.

Frank and John at FIRE SUPPORT have very kindly donated a VOUCHER for TWO WALK-ONS to either URBAN ASSAULT or FREE FIRE ZONE, the winner will have a year to use them.....Thank you very much guys!

Charlie and Christine at AMBUSH ADVENTURES have also very kindly donated a VOUCHER for TWO WALK-ONS to either AMBUSH LASHAM or AMBUSH CHOBHAM....cheers for that, much appreciated!

and finally a massive thanks to our partner at this years event, Chris at AIRSOFT ARMOURY (A2), not only will A2 be providing BB's and Gas for the event, with all Profits going to our Charity, but they have also pledged some prizes as well, which are currently being negotiated ;). Thank to Chris and all at A2 for your continued support.

Tickets are still available for the event at the present time......:)

Wow, I am really impressed with the amount of stuff that these people have donated. It really does put a smile on your face when you see how generous people can be. Really cant wait for this now, its going to be awesome. :D

I will be there. I wouldn't miss this for the world, last year was truly excellent.

If anyone is interested, and to help those perhaps wondering if they will enjoy it, my writeup of last year is here:

Outsidecontext.com/airsoft-charity-event/

This is the chance for airsoft to stand up and do something worthwhile. It is also the chance to have a fantastic skirmish in the best (imho) UK CQB venue. Plus you may get lucky and win a top prize!

You can't lose on this one kiddies!

Basho

Whats the ticket situation like atm? Me and a friend (kinau on here) want to make it down,

Him on dual 18cs

me on dual capas (if it all comes in time)

How many spots left etc/ is walk on a viable option?

Thanks

Dom

Bugger the day I have to head off to Glastonbury, another reason to hate hippies! Last year was my first ever skirmish and I was hoping their'd be one this year, typical. Would recomend this to to everybody. Any chance of making this a twice a year event?

Will send a small contribution to the charity when I gat paid from Glasto early in July.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived