Hybrid M4/Cap Rifle

Cons

Anything that uses an explosive propelant is classed as a firearm in the UK.If it's air or gas powered then it's over a certain power {over 12 ft/lbs}.Sorry i work in old money & it's been years since i've done any firearms orientation so maybe someone else can pick up from there? :(

Yeah, I bought two before ;) I don't want to go into the whole legality issue, this is just my view on it when I had it.

They were crappy at first, in almost every aspect. Low range, low fps, looks, etc

Then I started to mod it, first I added in a tightbore and a custom hop-up (made of hard plastic, as normal hop-buckings wouldn't survive) And with that, there was a great change, I was consistently (well, relatively, when the shells didn't misfire or the caps weren't duds) getting *really really high*fps and range. Then I tried to increase the capacity by modding the magazines, basically I just gutted two of the magazines and mated them back but longer and wider. Lastly was the cosmetic, added a better carry handle and sight, then mounted a scope.

The thing became a temperary DMR, until I got to fed up with loading each shell and jamming/mis-firing; well, I guess it lives up to the Armalite status quo :P

would this be illegal to those in the UK with a firearms lisence?

Strange as it sounds but this would be in the same classification as a high powered hunting rifle used for shooting bambi.It would be very lucky to get through customs & if it did you would recieve a visit from a fully rigged out armed response unit knocking through your door at 6am.Silly as it might sound authorities over here would stamp on this as fast as they would for uncle Boris AK discount shop!

slightly off topic, but did anyone ever try those shell ejecting springer SKS's?

I SWEAR I saw the EXACT same question in the last thread I read about the cap m4. I also remember answering it multiple times.

Yes, I tried one, I also sold it the next day.

Its fun for about 5 seconds, then your hand starts to hurt because of the poorly designed bolt handle and the incredibly stiff spring (stiffer than my 450fps VSR) which doesnt put out enough power to make a hole in a sheet of paper at 1m.

The whole thing is also full of screw holes (and screws for that matter), feels and looks like a lump of shiney plastic, and wouldnt even look good as a wallhanger. The shells also jam.

Archived