Airsoft Scotland BB grenades

AqualungJM

I've yet to find a review on these, and I would rather like to order a couple.

How are they? How many bbs do they contain? Is the spread of bbs fairly wide?

I have wanted an airsoft grenade for so long and I've finally found a retailer that has them.

I can't wait until reusable ones come out though. I won't have to buy loads of grenades then :)

EDIT: ummm yeah, if these have just come out, and no one knows about them then sorry(but one of the bb grenades is already sold out, so it couldn't be new!? :huh: ) I'm not talking JUST about the tennisball grenades that are to be released but all of them in general. If this has been asked over and over again then my apologies.

I've yet to find a review on these, and I would rather like to order a couple.

How are they? How many bbs do they contain? Is the spread of bbs fairly wide?

I have wanted an airsoft grenade for so long and I've finally found a retailer that has them.

I can't wait until reusable ones come out though. I won't have to buy loads of grenades then :)

EDIT: ummm yeah, if these have just come out, and no one knows about them then sorry(but one of the bb grenades is already sold out, so it couldn't be new!? :huh: ) I'm not talking JUST about the tennisball grenades that are to be released but all of them in general. If this has been asked over and over again then my apologies.

Resident Pyro Nutter, reporting for duty.

The mk5 thunderflashes are fairly standard. Cheap, do the job, but they are tricky to throw long distance and not as satisfying as the others to use. They just don't feel like a grenade, you know?

Enola gaye pineapple grenades. These quite frankly suck, due to their inability to stay intact whilst being carried about a skirmish. They have a horrible tendancy to split in the middle, spilling bb's everywhere and rendering the grenade useless.

The can and tennis ball grenades are identical in performance, and they rock. Nice loud bang, good spread, nice heft to throw. The only downside is the fact that most sites treat anything that goes bang as a grenade, so a mk5 kills you just as dead as these do.

The stick grenades are basically can grenades on a stick. The stick does enable you to get a bit of additional distance, with an obvious tradeoff storage issue. Good if you're a ww2 player though.

Overall? If you can afford it buy the can/tennis grenades. For a softer on a budget, buy the Mk5's. Avoid the pinapples like the plague, unless you're a masochist...

Here endeth the lesson from the church of Pyro..... :flamed:

Argh...I had my hopes up for the enola gaye pineapple ones, they look the best compared tp the others.

Sadly the can grenades are out of stock at the moment but I'll order those when they come back in stock along with a few stick grenades.

Is it dangerous to get close to them when they blow up? Like if you were to throw them towards another player, and it landed right by his leg and it set off, would he be harmed?

If it goes off right next to his leg, it'll sting cos he'll get a shedload of BB's hitting him. ;)

In terms of actual explosives, I've never heard of anyone being injured in the manner you describe. My sight organiser actually had a mk5 go off three inches from his nuts, and apart from a near heart attack, he was unharmed.

The only injury I've ever heard of is when a guy taped two smokes together and they somehow went off in his pocket. Left a very nasty burn.

Of course, someone else on the forum probably has some horror stories they can tell.

I was under the impression that Enola Gaye just released a newer version of their Pinapple Grenades, that are stronger, and have better fuses.

Am I misinformed, or are they still rubbish?

Certainly the versions we sell at the paintball site I work at still have this problem of splitting.

However, if anyone orders a BB version and can vouch for their robustness improving, I'd be happy to be wrong.

just a question on safety, say if you hiding inside a room surrounded by the opposite team and they lob a grenade into the room and u pick it up to throw it back and it goes off in your hand, then will it cause serious injury? if so im not gettin any cos that would be my first reaction if a nade in nxt to me. ;)

I may order one of two just to test in my garden (too young to skirmish with them), so I'll try sticking one in my vest and rolling around on it ;)

Your correct, Enola Gaye have reinforced and upgraded all of their products, for greater robustness (is that even a word?) they have a two-page article about it in Safezone Issue # 6. The new grenades, have better fuses also, I have played with a few old paintball ones, and I didn't have any trouble with them, even after swimming through rivers and stuff, they were really robust. Apart from when a paintball hit it and it exploded from the pressure, but that's my fault.

So, Enola Gaye pineapple grenades are very good now, I reccommend you getting them because they are easy to store (grenade pouches) and are now improved.

just a question on safety, say if you hiding inside a room surrounded by the opposite team and they lob a grenade into the room and u pick it up to throw it back and it goes off in your hand, then will it cause serious injury? if so im not gettin any cos that would be my first reaction if a nade in nxt to me.  ;)

If you get injured whilst throwing a grenade BACK, you deserve everything that happens to you. I think we'd all agree that if a grenade lands near you, you run?

:zorro:

Probably talking about the old version, as I believe the new generation are currently being shipped to sites, or have just arrived (within two weeks of this post).

Although, I cannot say for sure as I am not an Enola Gaye employee.

Fair enough, no-one said I had to be right all the time :) If the re-design is that recent, then no, I have no experience of them. Nice to know they have improved actually, because they are nice when they work.

I'm heading over to airsoft scotland on thursday to exchange some overalls I bought that don't fit, so I'll take a look at them then and report back.

And if you pick up a grenade that's already fizzing, you can probably count on losing a finger. If it's been thrown at you by an opposing team member, you have no idea how long you have left before it explodes. Kick it away, dive behind cover, or take the hit. Those are your three choices.

for anyone who knows paintballing, an enola gaye nade will blow apart a 100 shot tube easily.

'Fraid not, I had one shot when I was holding it, and it exploded. Nothing major, just a bit of stinging, so I doubt you'll lose your finger with a grenade, but I'm not sure about the Thunderflashes - although, I could of just been lucky, so I wouldn't actually try it.

AFAIK thunderflashes contain more explosive than an EG grenade. The design also means that you are holding them in an enclosed fist, rather than an open hand as you are with the larger grenades.

At the end of the day, you're invited to try it at your own risk. We''ll stand over here out of the way, shaking our heads in wonder.

And then we'll post about it on here, and laugh.... :lamo:

AFAIK thunderflashes contain more explosive than an EG grenade. The design also means that you are holding them in an enclosed fist, rather than an open hand as you are with the larger grenades.

At the end of the day, you're invited to try it at your own risk. We''l stand over here out of the way, shaking our heads in wonder.

Nah, I think I may try it with a Thunderflash now, it's only fingers, what would I need them for?!

*Havoc whispers something in my ear*

Ohhhh....

Archived