SIGARMS now making airsoft guns?

Well, I'll bet that they are rebranded, but...

I went to the Sigarms website today, and lo and behold, an advertisement for airsoft GBBs and AEGs! Now the scary part is that these aren't just springers, nor are they your typical American Co2 airgun shooting .177 balls. Apparently they fire 6mm bbs, and are full metal. Even weirder still, is that they are using proper terminology such as AEG and Airsoft (instead of Soft Air). Could they actually know what they are talking about? (gasp!) Then again, the guy in the video mentions reusing bbs, which isn't the most intelligent thing to do. :P

http://www.sigarms.com/DVD/Airsoft.aspx

http://www.sigarms.com/SigStore/ShowCatego...x?categoryid=98

Anyone care to speculate as to which company is making these? (I don't think any company makes a p229, and Tokyo Marui sure doesn't make a metal p226) Or whether their inflated price tag reflects actual German engineering?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah im gonna guess at KJW since they already make the P226 and P229, and because of the fact the KJW P226 with trades mysteriously stopped production recently (i dont remember seeing anything about it being limited run but i could be wrong)

wouldnt suprise me if KJ did a deal with SIG to help their sales, with their reputation i cant imagine their business does too well compared to say Tanaka, TM and HFC.

as for the 552, if its made in Taiwan like someone else said then it wouldnt suprise me if it was ICS. anyone know if they have a 552 due? anyhow this is all speculation, perhaps SIG are actually making them using as many of their real parts as possible, that would be so sweet i think id cry

Did anyone else also watch that guy drop a rather expensive magazine?

just watched the video... anyone else think this video should be used to educate the public, it clearly states IT CANNOT FIRE A LIVE ROUND, and this is coming from a famous real steel manufacturer.... couldnt have come from a better source.

just watched the video... anyone else think this video should be used to educate the public, it clearly states IT CANNOT FIRE A LIVE ROUND, and this is coming from a famous real steel manufacturer.... couldnt have come from a better source.

Exactly my thought. I'd be way more inclined to believe a guy who actually makes guns than a guy who couldn't tell you a Berreta M9 from a Porche Boxter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the guns :P ICS has announced a Sig 552, but I haven't heard anything other than that. This could actually be a Sig Arms design... (though I'm sure they would have said something)

Exactly my thought.  I'd be way more inclined to believe a guy who actually makes guns than a guy who couldn't tell you a Berreta M9 from a Porche Boxster.

fixed, how could you spell boxster wrong you doughnut :P

i hope it is ICS that are making it, three reasons

1. split gearbox potential

2. Full metal body

3. because i guessed it, and i never guess anything right

Archived