USPc w/SD slide, G&G barrel

kinau

A question for those with SD slide + G&G barrel USPc's.

I have an SD slide and G&G threaded barrel, and have fitted them both, but it's not cycling smoothly.

- Where exactly did you sand down your slide and barrel to get it cycling smoothly? (Pictures would help...)

I don't want to trial-and-error it; I'll probably end up messing it up completely :rolleyes:

Imaginary +1's available! :P

Cheers,

Kin

How well does it work with the SD slide and stock outer barrel, or the SD barrel (assuming you have one)? See if you can isolate where the slide and barrel are getting jammed- if the stock barrel works, then compare it with the G&G one. If both get stuck, you might have to work on the slide.

The G&G barrel is getting stuck when the slide is racked - I can tell it will take ages to just 'sort itself out by racking the slide loads.' :(

Kin

Yeah, G&G outer barrels seem to run into problems. I would say put a little work into the front where the chamber meets the slide. Just do a little filing, and check constantly until the slide moves pretty smoothly. Don't do too much at one time, since you can't add material back.

Archived