New fix for KSC Glocks

gisburn20

Having recently rebuilt several aging KSC/KWA glocks , I thought I'd pass on a little trick I found , seems that when the rails on the body and/or the slide wear away to a certain point you get that old " fires one shot then dumps all the gas" problem, changing over the slides between guns can help ( if say one gun has worn rails on the lower only etc.) but I found that if you take out the blowback unit and put a strip or 2 of duct tape on the top , when you refit it to the gun it can space the blowback unit just low enough to get it running again.

you need to experiment with layers of tape , on one G26 it only needed 1 layer of duct tape whilst on a really worn G19 it needed 2 layers , too much tape and the slide will jam , not enough and it still dumps the gas, also seems to eliminate the problem with not fully cocking the hammer ( example : slide goes back fully BUT goes full auto briefly OR gun fires as soon as the trigger safety moves - both can give the same "dumps all the gas in the mag " problem.

This might not fix everything , but it only takes about a minute to try and costs nothing , well maybe the price of 2 inches of duct tape/ electrical tape.

Hope this helps someone.

(and if you have any spare DEAD glocks I always need spares !)

Jim

Hmm, well my G19's far from ageing yet, but this might well be useful in the future... :)

I actually use this same trick when fitting metal slides to Glocks. It is useful even on a stock gun, to be sure the blowback chamber matches the rails on the slide for smooth operation and the best match to the mag.

I've had to use this trick when fitting a G&P G17 slide. The blow back unit sat so low that even with the screw tightened all the way, the BBU was still loose. I needed 3 strips of electrical tape to get it even.

Works like a charm now...

• 2 months later...

I tried this when using chinese metal slides on my Glocks. Because they're lower quality they seem to cause problems sometimes.

Be warned that you need to fit a shim (paper, tape, whatever) in front of AND behind the screw that secures the blowback chamber into the slide. If you only fit a shim in front of the screw it'll pivot upwards when you tighten the screw.

To keep everything lined up properly you need a shim in front of AND behind the screw.

I tried this when using chinese metal slides on my Glocks. Because they're lower quality they seem to cause problems sometimes.

Be warned that you need to fit a shim (paper, tape, whatever) in front of AND behind the screw that secures the blowback chamber into the slide. If you only fit a shim in front of the screw it'll pivot upwards when you tighten the screw.

To keep everything lined up properly you need a shim in front of AND behind the screw.

so the tape has to be put on the rails both sides of that screw ? ok doke! heres not much rail at the bacn end of the slide ( screw) but ill put it there to keep it all even

No tape or anything on the rails. Full stop.

What Stealthbomber meant is that if you put a layer of tape inside the slide to make the blowback mechanism ride lower, you should apply a layer behind the rear sight as well.

A shim directly where the screw is works as well.

-Sale

• 1 month later...

Archived