Paintsofting?

mcnuggets

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I call PAINtsofting is a style of play which has been adpoted by the vast quantitys of paintballers who are moving over to airsoft.

They seem to put the ammount of pain they can cause people above sportsmanship a little like they did/do in openday paintballing.

How does it affect me? it annoys me and I wish I could remove said players from sites, but then I have that attitute towards about 90% of the newcomers these days.

Oh THAT. Well, it's fine in it's place.

You mean America? It sucks here since most of our airsoft fields are paintball fields as well so it's easier for them to make the jump. Like today when they paintsofters ran out of the fields bounds onto private property and shoot like 5 people behind a wall at point blank range then got pissy because we refused to call a hit from outside the field.

as i started out my gaming with paintball and now i stick mostly to back yard games or skirms in about 1-2 acres of woods id consider myself a paintsofter, although latly iv been moving to milsim, got my boots vest and blowback pistol and i plan on buying a box of lowcaps aand selling my high caps. got to rid that old instinct of hold the trigger down and rush em out of my head. like i said...working on it.

Do you think airsoft should be exclusively for milsimmers?  Do you think milsim and airsoft are two sides to the same coin?

Milsim is a style of airsoft, and no I don't think it should be exclusively milsim. So far, I've avoided Milsim as I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as what I'll call a "regular" skirmish, though I'm gonna give it a try this year to test that theory.

You mean America?

No. Let me elaborate:

If we take Milsim and Paintsoft as opposite extremes, I'd classify a "regular" skirmish as somewhere in between. Some games call for a bit of Paintsofting, other's are more milsim. So long as what you're doing is safe, follows the rules and is in the "spirit" of the game (far too much punctuation in this post, sorry about that), then it's fine in my opinion and experience.

So long as what you're doing is safe, follows the rules and is in the "spirit" of the game (far too much punctuation in this post, sorry about that), then it's fine in my opinion and experience.

The thing is most paintsofters don't do any of that. At least in my experience...

i hate paintballers tho, i reely dont see whats so great about running around in a giant moonbounce geting covered in fish oil afte rspending 1k on a gun and like 40$ on 500 shots or w/e it costs. not to mention their all out to get shot in the neck and either a) call it a hicky or B) show it off to girls and pretend to be tuff, answering the question "does it hurt" with somthing like "im used to it".

somewhere between there and milsim i think is apropriate.

paintsofting seems to be a bit harsh for how some people play. I understand nobody likes to see people run around and just unloading on people but it's also very fun once in a while to just try and get as many kills as you can by running around. A lot about airsoft is sticking to mil-sim but it's so much better when you go out and have fun.

Paintsofters are basically paintballers with airsoft guns. The play it like paintball. Course this like poorieuser said is pretty much every field in America. At every event ive been to it's the same thing. The guys advance a few feet, hide behind some rocks and start spraying with their $1000 overtly modified M4s that shoot like 500 fps and exchange shots. I remember once at an event everyone was just sitting around so I figured, "hey I'll go grab the flag". We're supposed to bring it to the other teams base but instead I ran back and took cover. Then one of them says, "You idiot!! YOU"RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!". I just look back at the guy, "Dude... it's called taking cover".

everything has its place, but if you cheat, you should be banned, simple as. theres personal preference on style and theres being an a$$hat and ruining everyones day. if your the second you should be off the site permanently

Archived