Army L85 (R85) Price Confirmation

FarEast

Just got price confirmation on the Army L85, Keith from RSOV has confirmed that the price of the L85 will be no more than 59.99 GBP and 41.00 GBP shipping. (The price might go down)

He has set up a pre order system so act now because he has already had a huge response already.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got price confirmation on the Army L85, Keith from RSOV has confirmed that the price of the L85 will be no more than 59.99 GBP and 41.00 GBP shipping. (The price might go down)

He has set up a pre order system so act now because he has already had a huge response already.

Now we just have to worry about the quality of the replica, 60 for a metal body L85 replica seems rather cheap (not that I *want* to spend more, just seems to cheap).

Still, very very tempted (luckily for my bank account rsov's site is too slow).

well Guys, As i know this gun is eagerly anticipated I will do my best to get a review up as soon as I get it (Hopefully over the weekend) RSOV has been kind enough to send me one of thier samples that they got given by Army so this is going to be another Arnies Exclusive.

Keith has seen the Army L85, and said the quality is extremly good, although I don't think he has seen the internals, and i hope Army has read all the grips about the original G&G and corrected these.

As for the Army Code version this is going to be a prime peice of kit 1:1 to the original, I been given images of the prototype and it looks amazing although the Team at Army Code still aren't 100% happy with the barrel and have held back the release on this point. So expect an amazing peice of kit......but don't think for one moment that this will be sold at the current clone prices as the Army Code L85A2 isn't a clone.

As for the Army Code version this is going to be a prime peice of kit 1:1 to the original, I been given images of the prototype and it looks amazing although the Team at Army Code still aren't 100% happy with the barrel and have held back the release on this point. So expect an amazing peice of kit......but don't think for one moment that this will be sold at the current clone prices as the Army Code L85A2 isn't a clone.

yeah, im expecting (and willing) to pay ~$500 for it!

well Guys, As i know this gun is eagerly anticipated I will do my best to get a review up as soon as I get it (Hopefully over the weekend) RSOV has been kind enough to send me one of thier samples that they got given by Army so this is going to be another Arnies Exclusive.

Sounds good :) Will you be downgrading the gun to UK limits if it is supplied as stock over 1J?

Depends on timing and cost, are the costs expected to be equiv to ICS/CA all metal guns (eg approx 220 to 260) or closer to original G&G and star costs (325 to 375) ?

Depends on timing and cost, are the costs expected to be equiv to ICS/CA all metal guns (eg approx 220 to 260) or closer to original G&G and star costs (325 to 375) ?

as far east said that it would cost $500, then i imagine it would be closer to G&G and star costs, around £340 maybe ish?

G&G also quotes 80m/s on their box, though the replica does more than that in reality, as it's a G&G clone there's been a few questions whether Army have done the same, marked on the box as doing 80m/s when in reality the replica does higher (and causes issues if it's downgraded to UK limits).

Does the G&G have a bolt hold open device ? Army-code does according to the video, just curious.

I just hope airsoft world gets them in as well. At that price these will sell like hot cakes.

Given that they sell the G&G L85 of £300-odd, is it likely that they'll also stock this?

[edit]

Fareast: When you get the gun do the following immediately:-

- Whip out the TMH pins

- Pull off the upper receiver (after releasing the battery clip)

- Pull out the little clevis pin that locks the upper gearbox to the lower (you'll need to whip out a tiny split pin with a spring attached to it)

- Lift off the upper gearbox

- Shove a thin screwdriver up the nozzle and push the piston back

- Count the piston teeth

If the answer is 16 open a bottle of champaign. :D

If the answer is 18 put it back in the box and, whatever you do, don't fire it. :waggle:

Sorry to sound like a n00b stealth, but why the hell ever not?

Just that, basically, the G&G L85 costs £300 and has a poor rep.

Would you buy it or the £80 clone?

With other guns (The M14 for example) you have the choice of a superb TM gun for £200-odd or a potentially dodgy clone for £80.

I doubt any retailer who stocks the G&G gun would ever shift another one if they also sold the clone alongside it.

No biggie, mind you. Just thinking out loud. :)

Fareast: When you get the gun do the following immediately:-

- Whip out the TMH pins

- Pull off the upper receiver (after releasing the battery clip)

- Pull out the little clevis pin that locks the upper gearbox to the lower (you'll need to whip out a tiny split pin with a spring attached to it)

- Lift off the upper gearbox

- Shove a thin screwdriver up the nozzle and push the piston back

- Count the piston teeth

If the answer is 16 open a bottle of champaign.  :D

If the answer is 18 put it back in the box and, whatever you do, don't fire it.  :waggle:

Ok will do, I might hide that info somewhere in the review so you have to read the whole thing first before finding out! :D

Archived