28 Weeks Later kit!

Heyup guys. :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I was told to send it this way for assistance x_x

So, 28 Weeks Later - awesome film, love it, need the kit. Uniforms are being sold at the moment and I have my eyes on a couple. I've spoken with someone in the know who confirms that the RAV vests the 'Delta Team' snipers wear are 'airsoft copies' (a harsh call on the WASSAV 05 RAV copy, but still), which is also nice - saves me a pretty penny!

The "stunt" rifles for the shoot were all airsoft. According to the armourers they bought in metal-body M4s, which limits the choice to a few. M14s were Maruis when not firing in the sniper sequence and when dossing around on the roof, and the scope was apparently a bog standard cheapy Chinese one. Optics for the special M4 seen being carried by Doyle throughout his time in the movie, however, are the big mystery!

According to one source all the optics were bought in from a Russian company - though I know of no Russian copies of Eotech 551s to memory. The night vision scope carried on Sgt. Doyle's M4 is the biggest mystery:

scope.jpg

Any ideas? Suggestions all point to a PVS-14, but the way the PVS-14 mounts would put it at a different angle to that on the movie rifle (battery box would be high-right, not low right) and these movie stills would suggest it's much smoother than the average PVS-14.

Any help?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rifles are all Classic Army for sure though. You can see the trades and in the one image, the hi-cap wheels.

Are you serious?? I didn't know movies used airsoft guns as props...

well...hollywood movies....that's halarious how you can see the hi-cap wheel, they shoulda used mid-caps.

They probably dont as much in USA as you gun laws a slack, over here we cant get hold of them as easily even if they proper armour.

What uniform is in the film, i just thought it was ACU.

BDU: ACU, Desert boot

Vest: Guarder RAV OD Color

Weapon: M14, M4ris

Accessory: Throat MIC

No, not a Guarder RAV - a WASSAV 05.

Vests on most of the other blokes in the film (and there are lots of different kinds!) are also apparently Blackhawk, so have fun working out which ones were used from trailer material! :D

Most movies now use airsofts or moulded rubber weapons for stunt or general use weapons in films. You wouldn't trust actors with real firearms ALL the time, and many actors don't like the weight of real steels so much.

Airsofts are being used more and more now the Chinese have begun making them cheaper. Most of the guns seen in Children of Men were bought from Airsoft Armouries near Amersham, for example (and many of those seen in 28 Weeks Later are apparently from the same shop).

great movie! however, while i was there, there was a couple in their mid 30s or so who brought their two little kids to see it; oldest being about 9-10 and youngest being about 4. :huh: i dont care if this is PC or not, but retards like that should not be allowed to have children. durring about 85% of the movie the youngest one was huddled in his mom's lap hidding his head and the other was looking anywhere but at the screen. [/end sort of off topic rant] anywho, anyone know where to get the vest in the US? all i found was this: Click Me!

great movie! however, while i was there, there was a couple in their mid 30s or so who brought their two little kids to see it; oldest being about 9-10 and youngest being about 4. :huh: i dont care if this is PC or not, but retards like that should not be allowed to have children. durring about 85% of the movie the youngest one was huddled in his mom's lap hidding his head and the other was looking anywhere but at the screen. [/end sort of off topic rant] anywho, anyone know where to get the vest in the US? all i found was this: Click Me!

If you want that precise vest, you may be out of luck - I know there's a couple of sites UK-side that still have WASSAV 05s in green. Drop me a PM and I could see if I could get one sent to you?

I keep looking at that NV scope and can't help thinking it may be a NV monocular with a weaver mounting kit.

So did I - then I looked at from the rear in the fourth image and realised it actually *is* a PVS-14, or one of the "normal" styled clones. That said, could still be a monoculour-mount rig there... but I dare say a TGS PVS-14 would be acceptible. I found one of the 4x ones on Tokyo Model and they apparently have some, so order placed! Should be good in conjunction with a RS EOTech.

Archived