Zombie Appocalypse Planning

MDK_Marshal

That's right folks, it's time for another zombie thread. I can't believe this hasn't been done to death before... I mean, yeah, there's a few threads, but.... not the hundreds I'd expect from us!

So.

Who has any kind of plans for surviving a zombie apocalypse? And before everybody says "Grab a shotgun and head to the hills", Realistic, long-term plans are preferable. When your shotgun runs out of ammo (and it will) it becomes a large, unweildy, expensive club. And the hills will likely be swarming with zombies too, and it's not a good long-term plan.

I've got my plans, sort of - they're collated into a few text documents on my Hard drive, But they all revolve around being at home at the time of the apocalypse. If I'm up here at uni, then my plans consist of the following:

"Get the hell back home as fast as possible and put plan A into Motion"

While I Realy like this city (Leicester, for reference), there are a few too many people in it... which means that the neverending hordes would be a bit TOO never ending for my tastes.

So, post up your plans! I'll whack mine up later on if anybody's interested in them, as I think they may allow some form of long-term (ish) survival.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha pablo.

and yeah, post yours marshall, we can pool our zombie-survival knowledge!

as for me, i have no real plans, as i have never thought about it other than what guns to get... we have some septic tanks in our front garden that we could stockpile with food and turn into shelters (once we move onto mains drainage and they are cleared of ######, that is)

and i suppose find the army asap, and hope that theyre not like the army in 28 days later...

failing that, become one of the masses, jump on the bandwagon kinda thing, ya know?

Actually, if anyone's planning on doing anything that's ordinarily illegal (and let's face it, you'd probably have to), please don't post specifics (i.e. which supermarket they plan to ramraid for supplies, which local gunstore they'll be robbing). Wouldn't want anyone using it in court someday. Sounds daft, but hey - let's be careful out there. ;)

if you cant beat em join em.

but with no desire to become a brain slurping member of the undead, i think ill need to have a better plan

Steal a nice big car like a chrysler voyager, rip out the middle seats, load the thing with as much in the way of food and water i can fit, stick the wife and boy in the back seats, the cat in the front with me and a load of blunt instrements, (animals can sence the undead, good early warning) and then just keep moving until i find a safe zone, defended army base or the like. no running to hide, im not french, ill run to find help. and then hide

Twiglet, I'm liking the zeplin idea... honestley hadn't thought of that/ if you're airborne, no way zombies can get you!

Shame about the lack of readily available airships, mind :(

And Okay, My plans will be posted, with the place names edited out. Gona whack them up in a zip file and atatch them to this post. Bear with me for a second...

EDIT: Zipped and uploaded. changed the town name to w-s-m, it's an abreviation, but I doubt many will know what it means, so meh. Shop names are the same, as I'm not going to remove a hundred and one references to "ASDA", "TESCO" and "B&Q", as that's a bit pointless and would take ages :P

But yes, the area where I intend to hole up is good, out of the town center and with LOADS of good shops in the vicinity. ASDA with petrol station, B&Q next door, Iceland Next to that, a Hire shop behind the ASDA, Plumbing shop, Halfords nearby, bed shop, currys and comet.... LOADS of great shops. May be quite a few zombies there, though, which is the only downside <_<

Zombie.zip

I have made my plan more complex!

Alright, here goes:

Kit list:

2 mags

Box 'o bullets

Lawn chair (you'll see where I'm going with this)

Plan:

Sit atop roof, and shoot anything that moves. Come down with the 3 mags if I need food/water. :D

That's for loadouts - this is for actual plans. Gun lists not required here, just what you actually plan to do (if you plan for highly unlikely hypothetical disaster situations). Gun lists are pretty irrelevant for most of us anyway.

I have to admit that while I was reading World War Z (while travelling) I did sort of plan what I'd do wherever I was. Not long term plans, just how to secure my immediate safety in order to live long enough to make long term plans. Adds a bit of spice to otherwise boring work trips.

I'd go to my folks cabin on Canyon Ferry or head out to my friends' friends place out by Geyser. No need to steal ammo or guns, we've already got all we need and plenty enough supplies to re-load the spent brass over and over again. Add on the sparse population on these areas and the plentiful edible maminals, and we'd be able to hold out for nearly ever... at least until the cattle turn into zombies.... WAIT! Cattle already are zombies!

D:

OTEHNOEZ!

I have a very good one, I'll type it up when it isn't 0300.

I think it would make a really good book/psycological profile if we compiled all our plans and got some, like military survival guy to write the foreward. In fact, no, we'll get Christopher Ecclestone to write the foreward in 28DL charachter.

Going to the Fallout Bunker, and try getting the apc offof sam( im thinking bribing him) or if he is a zombie it will be a lot easier. Fill it up with fuel and drive around until i find some where i can get some ammo from.I am thinking the para's base in colchester. Loading up with ammo, food water and fuel and a few friends/family to help operate it the head for the hills.

Or just barracade my self in a super market with friends/family and defend the place with what ever gear there is that can be used as weapons ie: kitchen knives, angle grinder or cans of deoderants and lighter :D

If the flesh is decomosed surley chunks will fall off when ie poked. Sure an airsoft bb wiould surley take chunks off so its a good thing my local airsoft shop owner has 2 miniguns. :D

empty shipping containers, a group of mates who drive large forklifts (the full cab ones) and wall myself in using them. with 1 double entery point. then its in and out making another compound and run over zombies. repeat untill a large area is sanitized and live there.

Archived