Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

So due to the popularity of Marui's new 1911, there have been quite a few posts in the 1911 Pictures Thread regarding its performance, available upgrades, how it compares to other guns, etc. etc. The picture thread simply isn't where these questions belong, so to cut back on the spam a little, please post any questions or comments regarding the M1911A1 in here.

Thanks.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

I'm after some ideas. i replaced my frame with the guarder alumunium one along with a stronger recoil spring and enchanced chamber. It all seems to work fine until i put a mag with gas into it. i cock it and pull the trigger and the mag gas all vents out the barrel. any ideas what is causing this?

I was thinking of getting a Guarder Springfield MBK. I was wondering if it comes with a rear sight as all the pics I have seen of it do not seem to have one. This is a problem for me because I bought my TM 1911 with a metal slide installed, and I am fairly certain the rear sight does not come off. Unless I havn't been trying to get it off the right way.

I was thinking of getting a Guarder Springfield MBK. I was wondering if it comes with a rear sight as all the pics I have seen of it do not seem to have one. This is a problem for me because I bought my TM 1911 with a metal slide installed, and I am fairly certain the rear sight does not come off. Unless I havn't been trying to get it off the right way.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think there is a metal kit for the TM 1911, other than the PGC DX kit, that comes with a metal rear sight. I might be wrong. As for the sight being removable, it is. It might look like it isn't, but there is a way, albeit a fairly difficult way, to remove it...you have to push it to one side and tilt it like 45 degrees and then push it out the bottom. And this has to be done only after everything it removed form the slide first.

the trigger is a direct drop in.

The PGC frame, however...  you will apparently have to do some work .. but I don't know where exactly.

The PGC kit doesn't require all that much fitting. Most of mine was around the grip safety. It really is a great kit.

Hi guys,

I'm after some ideas. i replaced my frame with the guarder alumunium one along with a stronger recoil spring and enchanced chamber. It all seems to work fine until i put a mag with gas into it. i cock it and pull the trigger and the mag gas all vents out the barrel. any ideas what is causing this?

Did you install the little inner frame rail? My buddy had a hard time getting the gun to fire with that piece installed. Once he removed it, the gun shot much better. I know it doesn't make that much sense, but it is guarder...

Weirdly then, the guarder frame that I installed work A-OK with that inner frame installed and un-installed... even though there is a screw-hole there.

Oh well.

Seriously? I can never tell...

After separating the slide from the frame, pull out the recoil guide and spring, and the little tube that the spring fit in to. Then rotate the barrel bushing (the small peic on the front end of the slide) 60 degrees counter clockwise, and pull it out. You should then be able to pull the barrel straight out of the front of the slide.

Edit: More descriptive.

Hi guys,

i had simmilar probs, with this setup

after some ts i found out that the probs where caused by the guarder enhanced chamber

so i swapped it to the original marui one, and works perfect now

Where can you get threaded barrels and what makes do they come in? Not having an easy time finding any in HK, only Wolf Armouries have them and they're pricey :/

Those of you who have Guarder metal kits; how deep are the trades engraved? I'm looking to get the Guarder SA kit and bead blast it, but if the trades are not that deep to begin with, I'm not going to even bother.

Archived