Anti dry-fire hop

tome

That guy is great.

I stopped building my own fets, and have been buying his from the ASR classifieds. Very nice units, and cheap!

I'm sure I'll pick one of these up in the future.

I thought about this before, and yes its the only way to do it, but a very energy inefficient way. I guess if the hop unit is powered by the main battery it would be ok, but a manual switch is possibly better and more efficient than emitting an IR beam. Just yes because AEGs don't feed all its rounds, the switch may not work.

If these can be mass-manufactured and made easy to install with decent instructions, I can definitely see a profit for this guy. Along with a reasonable price in the $50ish area he'd probably have a lot of people interested. I'd probably buy one, more realism is always good.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know when that guy is going to sell those or how to contact him (he is listed as last active June 3rd or something on the forum). Price doesnt matter. I want one very bad. Its been around a month since that post.

Archived